Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
All I can say is this.....Favre proved himself as a winning QB for the Green Bay Packers. TT hasn't proved he's a winning GM yet....time will tell.
I'd agree with you about Favre being a winning QB for the Packers. But TT was every bit as responsible for 13-3 last year as BF, if you want to look at it that way. And in looking at the progression, he started 4-12, went 8-8 the next year through rebuilding, and hosted the NFC Championship game the year after that. Certainly that had something to do with Favre and the players Thompson inherited when he took the job, but it had a lot to do with the players Thompson brought in as well.

Being perfectly fair, you have to remember that TT had a great deal with the construction of the only Seattle Seahawks team to reach the Super Bowl in that franchises history. And he was damn close last year with the Packers, a roster which by that time had been largely rebuilt by Thompson. I think he has a pretty good track record, but that's just my opinion.

16 great years doesn't matter anymore. It's all in the rearview now. The past belongs in a museum or a Hall of Fame, not on a football feild. Nobody gets where they are going by staring at what's behind them. The Jets tried to get there by staring at what was behind us, and are no closer to a Super Bowl win than we were last year.

I don't mean to imply Favre is washed up, but there are a whole bunch of younger players that have more to contribute than Favre at this point. Favre is no longer a SB caliber QB, and that much is undeniable as far as I'm concerned. Maybe Rodgers isn't either, I don't know. But I'm excited to see him finally get his opportunity to succeed, and honestly feel that at this point he's a better QB in a long 16 game season than Favre is.