Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oregon's Favorite Gay Politician

Zool, this thread has nothing to do with gay "rights".
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Fine, have a guy find an 18 year old girl to bang and he will be congratulated.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

This is much to do about nothing. Please bump this thread when we find out how much he spent on clothes. Now that’s something that we should get pissed about.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    I'll pose the obvious question: Had it been uncovered that a 41 year old Republican was sleeping with an eighteen year old woman (who just conveniently turned 18), and lied when asked about it, would there have been any controversy?
    Yes...our party holds our elected officials more accountable. But honestly, its up to the electorate to do what that particular party won't.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark
    This is much to do about nothing. Please bump this thread when we find out how much he spent on clothes. Now that’s something that we should get pissed about.
    He can see Milwaukie from his house!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    I am awaiting my congratulations good sir

Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    No, that would be more condemned, a 45-year old male city official with an 18-year old girl.

However, since's he's "openly gay" he's in a protected class of people. The same rules don't apply.

Just watch. If the people of Portland criticize him in any way, Sam Adams will become a national figure on network news.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark
    He can see Milwaukie from his house!

Just following the story.......

Prediction: Whether this guy loses his job or not, this case will be used as evidence by NAMBLA-types for why pedophilia laws are out of date and why this activity involving youth in their late teens should be decriminalized.

.................................................. ................................

Gay Mayor's Teen Sex Affair to Be Investigated

PORTLAND, Oregon-- The state's attorney general agreed Wednesday to investigate claims made by the mayor of Portland that he lied to cover up a sexual relationship with an 18-year-old boy.

Portland Mayor Sam Adams admitted this week that he lied to cover up his relationship with a teenage legislative intern because a potential mayoral candidate had spread rumors that Adams had sex with a minor.

Adams, who is 45, said the teen was 17 when they met in 2005, and that the relationship did not turn sexual until the boy turned 18. He said he lied because he was afraid voters wouldn't believe that his young lover had turned 18 before they started having sex.

Adams became mayor on New Year's Day, making Portland the largest U.S. city with an openly gay mayor.

Oregon Attorney General John Kroger agreed to an investigation after Multnomah County District Attorney Michael Schrunk and Portland police Chief Rosie Sizer asked Kroger to look into the affair.

Also on Wednesday, three Portland newspapers and the city police union called for Adams to resign.

Adams had said he would resign if staying was not in the city's best interest.

The publisher and editorial board of Just Out, a newspaper serves the gay and lesbian community, said in a statement that "Adams has failed to show the principled character that this publication feels is a basic requirement for an elected official."

"Right now one of the big things we in government need is credibility with the public," Schrunk told The Oregonian, another newspaper calling for Adams to resign. The police chief said it would be inappropriate for her department to investigate the mayor.

City commissioner Nick Fish said the commissioners met Wednesday and joined the request for an investigation by the attorney general. They decided to withhold comment until that investigation was completed.

"This is clearly a distraction, but people need to know we are getting work done," Fish said.

Unless Adams bows to pressure and resigns or there is evidence of a crime, he will remain in office for the first half of 2009 because state law bars any mayoral recall until after six months.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...-investigated/

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon
    Prediction: Whether this guy loses his job or not, this case will be used as evidence by NAMBLA-types for why pedophilia laws are out of date and why this activity involving youth in their late teens should be decriminalized.
    Not sure what you specifically want, are you mad that somebody had sex with an 18-year-old? Do you think an intercourse license should be issued at age 20?

I was talking to a guy last night who's 18-year-old daughter is dating a 16-year-old girl, and he's crapping his pants worrying about the kid getting arrested for statutory rape. You never know what can happen if the relationship should turn sour.

I think the age of consent for sex and marriage should be 16, PERIOD. I know that leaves the door open for some pretty shitty behavior by adults. But its wrong to criminalize nature in order to snare behavior that might be lousy is some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Not sure what you specifically want, are you mad that somebody had sex with an 18-year-old? Do you think an intercourse license should be issued at age 20?

I was talking to a guy last night who's 18-year-old daughter is dating a 16-year-old girl, and he's crapping his pants worrying about the kid getting arrested for statutory rape. You never know what can happen if the relationship should turn sour.

I think the age of consent for sex and marriage should be 16, PERIOD. I know that leaves the door open for some pretty shitty behavior by adults. But its wrong to criminalize nature in order to snare behavior that might be lousy is some cases.
    What if my nature is having a sexual relationship with a 13 year old PERIOD.

Hater. You are starting to sound like Cheney with your closed mindedness.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

I was talking to a guy last night who's 18-year-old daughter is dating a 16-year-old girl, and he's crapping his pants worrying about the kid getting arrested for statutory rape.
    I didn't know that statutory rape included appliances.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I think 13 is far too young for legal sexual activity. I don't hate you Howard, but you do bad things and must be sent away.

I was talking to a guy last night who's 18-year-old daughter is dating a 16-year-old girl, and he's crapping his pants worrying about the kid getting arrested for statutory rape.
    I see. I meant to say "son", not "daughter".

My doll is 22, if you had any suspician in that area.

I see. I meant to say "son", not "daughter".

My doll is 22, if you had any suspician in that area.
    I didn't

I think 13 is far too young for legal sexual activity. I don't hate you Howard, but you do bad things and must be sent away.
    Will he go to a nice farm with lots of sunshine and fields to run in all day - and a loving family and plenty of food in his dish at night? My very old friend Rex just went off to a farm like that. I'm very jealous.

Still following the story.....

Sam Adams' case is slowly becoming cause célèbre.

Portland mayor to decide soon whether to resign

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — About 400 supporters gathered Friday night outside City Hall to urge Portland's mayor to stay on the job despite an intensifying political storm over his sexual relationship with a legislative intern nearly four years ago.

Mayor Sam Adams has admitted lying about the affair with the young man to cover it up during last year's mayoral campaign. His victory made Portland the largest city in the country with an openly gay mayor.

The Oregonian and three smaller Portland newspapers have called for his resignation, but supporters rallied on his behalf throughout the day Friday. Many attending the rally hoisted homemade signs with messages that included "Portland Can Forgive" and "Sam Is Human."

About a half dozen counter-protesters were sprinkled among the crowd. Their placards read "Resign Sam" and "He Is Not My Mayor."

Adams took office Jan. 1 and is expected to decide within a few days whether he will resign, spokesman Wade Nkrumah said.

Oregon Attorney General John Kroger has agreed to investigate whether Adams committed any crime. City commissioners, the police chief and the local district attorney asked for the probe.

Earlier this week, the 45-year-old Adams admitted having sex with a legislative intern who was 17 when they met. But Adams and Beau Breedlove both have said they did not have sex until 2005, after Breedlove had turned 18, the legal age of consent.

The mayor issued a public apology at a news conference Tuesday but has since avoided public appearances.

Adams told The Oregonian he has been consulting with his pastor and with his mentor, former Portland Mayor Vera Katz.

"These people I talked with today were blunt," Adams said. "They were brutally honest."

About 20 Portland arts, business and gay leaders spoke Friday at a news conference that included a statement from filmmaker Gus Van Sant, who has been nominated for an Academy Award for Milk, his film about the slain San Francisco gay-rights leader and politician Harvey Milk.

In the statement, Van Sant criticized Adams but also offered support.

"Portland didn't elect Adams to resign at the first sign of controversy," said Dave Terry, a friend of Van Sant who read the statement at the news conference. "He was elected to do a big job."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...-scandal_N.htm

In the statement, Van Sant criticized Adams but also offered support.

"Portland didn't elect Adams to resign at the first sign of controversy," said Dave Terry, a friend of Van Sant who read the statement at the news conference. "He was elected to do a big job."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...-scandal_N.htm

He is too big to fail - just like the incoming treasury secretary. Questionable relationships? Abuse of power? Failure to pay taxes? No worries, you are TOO IMPORTANT TO FAIL.

Too bad Al Capone isn't around to give us a comment on the situation.

He is too big to fail
    Um..er....I'll have to admit that I'm homophobic enough to not feel comfortable with the phrase "He is too big to fail" in a thread involving gays :P

Gay Portland Mayor Won't Resign Over Lying About Relationship With Teen

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,482756,00.html

Notice one supporter's message to the gay paper, "Just Out" which called for mayor Sam Adams to resign; "Did you back Clinton's impeachment?"

In other words, President Bill Clinton got away with a sex scandal so that's the new moral standard that applies.