Thread: talk show hosts

talk show hosts

Our liberalish radio station has switched to conservative guys in the afternoon.

Dennis Miller is excellent. I hated him when he was on MNF, just out of place, but damn he is witty. Very interesting guy.

Glenn Beck is the most unlistenable ass I have EVER heard. He is as boring as an insurance salesman on cocaine.

I like Glenn Beck...I think he's very sharp in his critic.

Glad you like Miller, I'm a huge fan. His show on HBO back in the 90's was the best half hour on TV in my opinion back then.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by LL2
    I've only watched him when he had interesting people on his TV show. They dominated the conversation, so I don't know what he's like. I like Prager, because he has thought through sociological and philosophical arguments. I like Medved for similar reasons, but he's a sycophant. Savage and Levin are entertaining for stretches, but they yell too much; Savage is needlessly crass at times, Levin is smarter. If you have sattelite radio, I like this guy Andrew Wilcow. I don't hear him often, but he's pretty rational. I listen to PBS off and on and it's OK, but pretty snooze inducing. Nobody sticks out there as especially interesting. I haven't listened to Limbaugh since 1994, never heard much of Hannity, liked Ingraham OK (sometimes she so dogmatic that she's irrational - that kills it for me. But she has a good sense of humor). If I got Bruce Williams though, I just think I'd listen to him. The guy has a lot of practical wisdom.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I love Chelsea Handler on the E! show, "Chelsea Lately"

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead
    Glad you like Miller, I'm a huge fan. His show on HBO back in the 90's was the best half hour on TV in my opinion back then.
    GOD I miss those rants. Those were funny.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Miller is the Sammy Davis Jr. of this generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Not bad Ty, not bad.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Miller made the observation that Blago was treated far better on the View than McCain. Hmmmmm...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Explain, please.

I don't get much beyond Rush and Hannity and our local guy here, and I doubt if I listen to them even 10% of the time. I agree about Beck being kinda dull, even though he makes good sense. Beck sort of reminds me of William Buckley back in the day--the stereotype liberals like to picture conservatives as.

Actually, they had two stereotypes: the bombastic dilettante--Buckley and the raving loon--Joe Pyne--remember him?

Is THIS thread political?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by LL2
    ya, he is smart and clear.

Maybe his TV show is better, on the radio he just shouts at the listener, a steady stream. Everything is always fucked up, and he always has the only true answer. He's unpleasant, not entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Miller made the observation that Blago was treated far better on the View than McCain. Hmmmmm...
    Blago is hotter.