Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Electric Company Kills WW2 Vet for Not Paying Bills

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    I'm trying to understand the right-wing outrage. Why is this guy's death a sign of the "new administration" and not just a result of a local power company's blunder?
    I'm still trying to figure out the left-wing outrage over the old administration's perceived responsibility for Katrina instead of the result of state and local blunders.

Oabama obviously hated this guy and wanted him dead. So he used the power company to do it. Horrible.
    I see. You still can't see how the Bush Adminstration's incompetence affected people's lives after Katrina, and so you're making a ridiculous analogy to drive home your inability to grasp that point. Thanks for clarifying.
    I guess he didn't get that 170 billion to 'em fast enough. Get some treatment for your BDS.
    I guess it never really dawned on me until just now how stuck in the past the right is. I mean, the right is always stuck in the past, but in the US today the neoconservative discourse is totally consumed by perceived slights suffered three years ago by an incompetent president. If this isn't evidence of a political ideology in decline, I don't know what is.
    Are you really this much of a moron? You brought the whole thing up. get over it. The guy you voted for is porking you into 1937.
    Really? that would make bush hoover. Congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    Name caller
    Call Namer
    Call Nader.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    I'm trying to understand the right-wing outrage. Why is this guy's death a sign of the "new administration" and not just a result of a local power company's blunder?
    I'm still trying to figure out the left-wing outrage over the old administration's perceived responsibility for Katrina instead of the result of state and local blunders.

Oabama obviously hated this guy and wanted him dead. So he used the power company to do it. Horrible.
    I see. You still can't see how the Bush Adminstration's incompetence affected people's lives after Katrina, and so you're making a ridiculous analogy to drive home your inability to grasp that point. Thanks for clarifying.
    I guess he didn't get that 170 billion to 'em fast enough. Get some treatment for your BDS.
    I guess it never really dawned on me until just now how stuck in the past the right is. I mean, the right is always stuck in the past, but in the US today the neoconservative discourse is totally consumed by perceived slights suffered three years ago by an incompetent president. If this isn't evidence of a political ideology in decline, I don't know what is.
    Are you really this much of a moron? You brought the whole thing up. get over it. The guy you voted for is porking you into 1937.
    So you agree with me.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

So you agree with me.
    IF the choice is between being the second FDR or the second hoover...i'm firmly in the FDR camp.

Perhaps you should rethink your position.

So you agree with me.
    IF the choice is between being the second FDR or the second hoover...i'm firmly in the FDR camp.

Perhaps you should rethink your position.
    So you're in favor of extending a recession into a depression lasting a decade or more - depending on the possibility of war. 13-22% unemployment as opposed to 6-7%. OK, I get you. Perhaps you want to rethink your position.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

That is subject to interpretation. You can't prove any of your points.

History looks way more kindly on FDR than Hoover.

Gosh, I wonder why that is. I'm sure it couldn't be because historians are leftist in about the same percentage as mainstream media members. Thus, history will also look way more kindly on Clinton than Bush--either one of them.

This is off topic, but that picture of Nancy Pelosi on the previous page, she looks a lot like Nancy Reagan--albeit when Mrs. Reagan was 20 or 30 years older and on a bad day.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

History will look kindly on Nancy Pelosi you right-wing gas bag!
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by swede
    History will look kindly on Nancy Pelosi you right-wing gas bag!
    You are most kind, Mr Swede. Nancy looks back most fondly on her appearance on 'Lost in Space' - a recurring role....

Well argued, councillor.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker

Gosh, I wonder why that is. I'm sure it couldn't be because historians are leftist in about the same percentage as mainstream media members. Thus, history will also look way more kindly on Clinton than Bush--either one of them.

This is off topic, but that picture of Nancy Pelosi on the previous page, she looks a lot like Nancy Reagan--albeit when Mrs. Reagan was 20 or 30 years older and on a bad day.
    why are most historians leftist? Please provide proof that historians are leftists.

If they are, why do they look kindly on Lincoln, reagan, teddy roosevelt, eisnehower who were republicans?

3 of the 4 weren't conservatives at all. The one who was conservative, even though he is so obviously the greatest of ALL presidents, is already being ignored and downgraded by historians, and that trend will likely continue as people who remember the true fade away and die off.

What about James Monroe, James K. Polk, William McKinley, and Calvin Coolidge? All were presidents who stood firm for America, did plenty of good, and no harm. Do you see them on any historians' list of great presidents?

Oh never mind. I forgot, it's Tyrone who brought this up. You probably haven't even heard of those guys.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker
    3 of the 4 weren't conservatives at all. The one who was conservative, even though he is so obviously the greatest of ALL presidents, is already being ignored and downgraded by historians, and that trend will likely continue as people who remember the true fade away and die off.

What about James Monroe, James K. Polk, William McKinley, and Calvin Coolidge? All were presidents who stood firm for America, did plenty of good, and no harm. Do you see them on any historians' list of great presidents?

Oh never mind. I forgot, it's Tyrone who brought this up. You probably haven't even heard of those guys.
    The issue wasn't of conservatism..nice try. The issue was Dem and Repub. But, you once again try to reframe the argument.

Nice job of avoiding any sort of facts. Once again, why are most historians leftist? Please provide evidence of such.

Again, why do said leftist historians hold Teddy, Ike, RR, etc in..for your sake..relative high esteem?

What about: Monroe...hey idiot...the prez i listed WERE REPUBLICANS. Unless you have some sort of knowledge the rest of us don't, Monroe wasnt' a republican. Polk..same thing.

You did not just call Calvin Coolidge a great president.....
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley