Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DirectTV

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    DTV is the shit and I have only had a problem with it once. It got fixed by this Asian dude that handled it fast. The HD kicks ass and for $5 a month I pay for some insurance that covers everything including the dude coming out to fix it. I get Sunday ticket and watch every Packers and several other great NFL games every season. HD movies blast and watching anything from Forrest Gump to Lost in HD is a better experience. I wouldnt trade it for anything.

KB and Red, you gabachos ignorantes need to move somewhere else.

I've had Direct TV for years now and haven't had any problems. I live in a small town in N.W.Missouri (BFE) LOL.. All the local stations are out of Kansas City.. Pretty much all Chiefs football.. Have had the Sunday ticket for years as well.. I used there tech. line one time when I wanted to upgrade my receivers. Bummer you guys are having problems with them. I'm more than happy with my setup..
    Formerly known as "Jeffro66".

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    {ilr]3]I have had it for 5-6 months now. I am thinking about paying the penalty to get out of my 2 year contract from hell!
    If you start documenting all these problems and your calls, chances are you can get out of your contract without penalty. They have a contract to live up to as well, and if you press the matter with your Dept of Consumer Protection, they'll probably just let you drop.
    Highly doubtful, because unless you're going to take them to court, why would they drop it without an ETF? You're not going to beat a huge company like that in court.
    Not highly doubtful stupid. You document problems on their end, you use your resources, namely the Dept of Consumer Protection, and you get shit done. Just because you were too big of a pussy to stand up for yourself doesn't mean everyone has to be. You can get walked all over and make a token effort, like you did, or you can contact the right people and actually fight for yourself. I've always chosen to fight back, and it's never failed - even against the "huge companies" when they've decided to do whatever is easiest for them. It really doesn't take much effort or time - just a spine.

And BTW, worse case scenario, small claims court is there for a reason. Use it. It's nandy pandy attitudes like this that let companies fuck you in the ass and ask you to smile while they're doing it. Apparently Partial has a distended rectum and likes it. Don't be a Partial.
    Is that worth the hassle to go to small claims? Maybe to you. Not to most. Most don't have a wifey lawyer. So I'd be looking at 2-3k in legal fees, plus the 160 dollar small claims fee, etc.

I don't put up with shit, but at some point its just not worth the headache. Apparently with your wealth of free time it is to you. It's not to us workin' 60-80 hour a week folk.

BTW, if its so easy, call up and get out of your cellular contract right now. No, you don't need to disocnnect the service, just have them tear up the contract. Make some shit up about the bad service you'd received. They document some things, but not most, so it'll likely fly. I'll laugh as you get a big fat no way despite arguing for hours.
    You aren't allowed a lawyer in small claims without special permission stupid. The format exists so that people can represent themselves at little cost to resolve small claims, which most intelligent people are capable of doing. I completely understand however, why you would assume the need for legal services.

That and I already explained in small words that it takes little time and effort if you use the right channels. If I'm spending that much time on hold, I sure as shit have time to open a text file and type the date and two sentences. I can't help that you're too fucking dumb to use those channels or even understand they exist when someone tells you about them in this post.

That's assuming you have real problems, like Killer does, not when you're just a fat crybaby calling to whine about how you feel entitled to something you're not. Or when you're more interesting in trying to insult someone with the same old tired comments instead of having any fucking clue what you're talking about. Now go jerk off in front of your Vince Young poster before your balls explode.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

? HOFer
    Good argument. No real world evidence, just saying "you should be able to do this". That's funny, I don't think too many people have success going through the channels you think. Also, is it worth risking the 160 dollar court fee? Probably not.

But again, smart guy skin knows what he's talking about without any real world experience in the matter or real world work experience so he doesn't understand the value of the dollar.

I switched over to AT&T's U-Verse and it's the best thing ever. I'm sad that where I'm going, it isn't available though.

Partial, the first time I had Dish, I had many problems with it. I documented the name and date of every person I talked to and incorporated everything into one simple email to their customer service department. I was not only given two months credit, but also, if I wanted to break my contract, I could without any ETF's. Most of the time, companies will work with you. Now, cell phone companies....totally different story

Personally, unless you wanted the Sunday Ticket thing, I wouldn't choose Direct TV. They don't have dual receivers as they are kinda behind the times when it comes to their STB technology. Lets say you needed 4 STB's. You are paying $15 per month extra just for rentals. With Dish, you could rent two dual receivers, which allow you to operate 4 TV's independently, you are only paying $5 extra. They, that $10 savings per month, plus not having a box by every TV works for me.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Good argument. No real world evidence, just saying "you should be able to do this". That's funny, I don't think too many people have success going through the channels you think. Also, is it worth risking the 160 dollar court fee? Probably not.

But again, smart guy skin knows what he's talking about without any real world experience in the matter or real world work experience so he doesn't understand the value of the dollar.
    The dollar has value?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

You do realize you're describing your own "argument" here stupid? I have had experience with this, which is why I offered the advice. You on the other hand don't have a fucking clue as usual, yet feel the need to pretend you know better than everyone else because you called your cell phone company once which means there's nothing in this world you possibly couldn't know.

As for being a "smart guy" it's not hard to look that way with you as a juxtaposition. Your balls exploded yet?
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Thanks for all the info gang, appreciate it!
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!