Thread: Something is wrecking my yard!

Something is wrecking my yard!

There is about a 5 foot wide area all along the length of my driveway that is really a mess! This is the area that all the snow from the driveway ends up and it's the last snow in the yard to melt. So this past week that snow pile is finally gone and omg.....what a mess! There are all these crazy looking track marks ....some of them about 2 inches wide where the grass/soil is gone. It's a lot different then the damage a mole does. Someone at work told me it could be from a Shrew but when I looked on the net for shrew damage, it doesn't look the same. Closest I found was the damage a Vole (field mouse) does.

Anyone ever deal with something like this in their yard??? I really haven't found much info yet on how to get rid of it (or them). This is kinda what that part of my yard looks like...

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    crap, I'm trying to post a picture of a shot gun, but this damn thing keeps showing the link instead. damn computers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey
    crap, I'm trying to post a picture of a shot gun, but this damn thing keeps showing the link instead. damn computers!!
    LOL I did a copy and paste.

You need some target practice??? C'mon over!!!

I remember when I was a kid and we would get moles in the yard I remember my Dad would say he put poison peanuts in the holes. Is there something that's really called poison peanuts? ...or is that just a name he gave them.

OR, he'd stand there with a shovel and when he'd see them working in the ground would pierce them with the shovel. If they came above ground he'd hit em over the head. OK....I don't see myself doing that.

Isn't this why you got a dog? The girl needs a job.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Isn't this why you got a dog? The girl needs a job.
    LOL she'd just be scared.....unless the little critter was holding a doggie treat.

That's what I thought until I started finding dead voles in the back yard. Oh. and...EWWWWWWW!!!
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

quit pissing on the edge of the driveway when you come home drunk at night

Better bring in an expert.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by red

I don't get drunk.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007

I don't get drunk.

and I've got a great deal on a local bridge for anybody who believes that one
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Looks like you have voles.

Get a cat from the Humane Society and leave it out at night. That'll take care of the voles.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007

I don't get drunk.

and I've got a great deal on a local bridge for anybody who believes that one
    She didn't say she doesn't drink, just that she doesn't get drunk. What a woman.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen