Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Watchmen

yes i have, with my kids. Jim Carry movies too. and we told fart jokes, but then....they went to middle school and left all that behind.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead
    Ok well this is telling isnt it....yikes
    You know, I've given this some more thought. I guess you've never sat down and watched a Batman, Spiderman, or X-men movie before. I guess all those people who made 'The Dark Knight' the second highest grossing movie ever must be super nerdy dudes as well!
    Second highest grossing movie ever isnt exactly tough when movie ticket prices just keep going up and up. It's so fucking dumb that studios use this as a point to brag. How about number of tickets sold for a movie?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

I liked Batman and hate nerdy movies in general...

Watchmen was horrible IMO ... the plot went all over the place trying to explain everyone's back story and it never went into full on action... all my roommates friends (a bunch of Georgia Tech grads) and myself left looking at each other like "wtf was that all about?"

That might have been because all of us fell asleep at least once (except the one guy who owned the comic book) ...

I could never ever ever ever watch that POS movie again.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    I loved Tipping Point. Blink was great too, though I think Tipping Point has better applicability.
    Great books. I've been developing my subconscious decision-making ability for a couple years now.

Although it's business/marketing centric, one can learn a lot from "Selling the Invisible" by Harry Beckwith. Really enlightening and a book I suggest as much as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by mission
    I liked Batman and hate nerdy movies in general...

Watchmen was horrible IMO ... the plot went all over the place trying to explain everyone's back story and it never went into full on action... all my roommates friends (a bunch of Georgia Tech grads) and myself left looking at each other like "wtf was that all about?"

That might have been because all of us fell asleep at least once (except the one guy who owned the comic book) ...

I could never ever ever ever watch that POS movie again.
    That's what I thought the movie would turn out like. Having multiple good/bad guys worked for X-Men, because their names pretty much summed up their character, which allowed time for pulling just the right amount of backstory out of the more interesting characters.

With this show, I can look at this collection of dorky looking "heroes," read their names, and still not know anything about them other than they need a new tailor. Combine that with all the excitement about pleasing the fanboys, and it screams, "I am an unfocused mess meant to generate revenue through nostalgia and nerdiness!"
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

? HOFer
    The DVD release will be great since its a 5.5 hours long, plenty of time for the back stories. I'm surprised at how much dislike there is for it here, as by in large it has reviewed fairly well by the big timers.

One of my friends who is a big sci-fi fan who normally would like stuff like this walked out after an hour of women oriented violence. When she came back two hours later to get her husband, he didn't have much nice to say about it either.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Did your friend expect the villains to treat the woman superhero with more respect? Maybe ask her to move into a non-combat role? I'm sure she could cook for the men superheros. Maybe bear some superhero children?

I'm joking. I don't actually know the extent of the woman beating going on. Maybe it's why some people liked the film.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    Did your friend expect the villains to treat the woman superhero with more respect? Maybe ask her to move into a non-combat role? I'm sure she could cook for the men superheros. Maybe bear some superhero children?

I'm joking. I don't actually know the extent of the woman beating going on. Maybe it's why some people liked the film.
    Apparently when she finally got up and left was when the superhero faced with a crowd of almost all men, picks the only woman to beat the shit out of. Done right, this would actually be her kind of movie.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

? HOFer
    Yeah, I don't care for that scene either, but its part of being true to the comic book. To be fair, the woman started it. And boy howdy did the guy end it.