Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Knowing

I don't think its stealing and I have no problem downloading movies. I do it all the time.

I mean, I still pay money to see certain movies, I still buy DVDs, so its not like downloading movies has kept me from spending money on them.
    I am better looking than you.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    Tex, Tex, Tex....

I have to say this is the first time I have ever seen you mention crossing a immoral line. I think it is stealing but don't have a problem with it. Not sure if that counts for much.

I like how you mentioned taking it away from hollywoods jerks. They got it good enough.
    You're not keeping up, Mad. Sorry to say, I've got some disgustingly liberal personal qualities.

The downloading I don't even consider immoral ....... some other things are a bit harder to justify.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

When I started this thread, I thought it was going to be all about how God--and the producer of the movie--chose two lily white kids to be in effect, the new Adam and Eve when the world is wiped out. I didn't want to spoil the movie for anybody by writing that earlier, but I guess it's the only way to get an interesting discussion going.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker
    When I started this thread, I thought it was going to be all about how God--and the producer of the movie--chose two lily white kids to be in effect, the new Adam and Eve when the world is wiped out. I didn't want to spoil the movie for anybody by writing that earlier, but I guess it's the only way to get an interesting discussion going.
    Thanx for giving the movie away. A movie that has been out..what..2 weeks tops.

Not only do you steal, you are an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns

Well.... nobody forced you to read it.
    I am better looking than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns

Well I'll admit Buzzkill McGee over here gave part of the movie away to a degree, but he's not understanding the entire premise. Without adhering to this guys's lack of respect with regards to those who've not seen it yet...I would argue many may NOT have interpreted it the way BUZZKILL did. He's either failing to describe the entire MISE' EN SCENE because he either: Missed It, or..MISINTERPRETED if solely for the benefit of his own beliefs. I'm not going to explain the parts that Buzzkill fails to recognize because that will give the ending away entirely, and I'm not a DICK!

CONCLUSION: I didn't find it racist at all. But it is Nick Cage, and most of the American movie viewing public still owe Nicholas Cage a swift kick in the balls for that steaming turd Wicker Man!!

Well, it's nearly a month now. The whole movie is just a hazy memory in my aging mind. Perhaps either now or when you think it's been enough time for people who are interested to see it, you can explain what the hell you are referring to by the "MISE' EN SCENE".

I missed Wicker Man, but after reading a summary of it, I think I'll download that too. It's sounds good.

Well, it's nearly a month now. The whole movie is just a hazy memory in my aging mind. Perhaps either now or when you think it's been enough time for people who are interested to see it, you can explain what the hell you are referring to by the "MISE' EN SCENE".

I missed Wicker Man, but after reading a summary of it, I think I'll download that too. It's sounds good.
    Mise en scene is a French term that basically meets "put on stage", or in this case, put on movie. It is meant to describe everything that is happening in a scene. Camera angle, movement, why/who is dressed a certain way, film speed, actor placement, how books are arranged on a coffee table, curtains, everything.

The story of film from the director's POV is brought out through Mise en Scene. It's very important, maybe not to many on a football board, but is important in film. And everyone is entitled to their opinion, but for this specific film, I wouldn't call the scene (or the movie in general) racist. There was a lot more going on, especially in that scene. Although it was a focal point for the two main characters aside from Nick Cage, I would encourage you to see it again, but this time look at the entire scene. It's difficult at first because film goers are concentrating on the main action, but with practice people can get really good at reading the entire picture...i'm by no means an expert, but it's fun to do because your attention becomes more detailed when watching a movie.

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~landon/Lo...e-en-Scene.htm

The only thing Wicker Man won was a Razzie. Noone in Hollywood wants to win a Razzie. That's like giving someone some whipped cream, and when they get to the bottom of the layer, there's a nice pile of dog shit waiting.