Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: NRA

Tyrone, you're wrong on this from any angle you choose. It's simply ridiculous that the rich do NOT pay extremely much more tax.

Raw amount: not even in the same ball park.

Percentage: that's the definition of a PROGRESSIVE income tax

Asset tax: the prime example of that now is property tax. Rich people tend to have more valuable property, and thus, pay more property tax.

Sales tax: some say this is "regressive"; At worst, it is equal, percentage-wise, and in total amount, obviously the rich pay more because they spend more.

Any way you approach it, it's indisputable.

Why don't you follow up on what you stumbled into about no tax at all. I say it would work. Deficit spending is an excellent economic stimulant; Carry it out to its extreme--operate on nothing but borrowed money--turning over the debt/paying on it with more borrowed money. Growth will outstrip the increase in debt, or at least come close enough that the inflation is manageable. Most of our conservatives hate the idea; You, Tyrone, as a liberal, should love it.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    The simple fact is that a statement was made that is factually incorrect. You nor anyone else can argue it.
    Of course we can. It just gets tedious to argue with you when you are being deliberately misleading. So I forgot to write 'income.' You knew exactly what I meant - 41% of Americans don't pay federal income tax - and are therefore represented without taxation - at the federal level (which I did write) and only with respect to income taxes. If you want to continue to distract, feel free. Payroll taxes are for the retirement/ponzi scheme and are not the same. state sales and income taxes are not the same. Fees are not the same. No one would dispute the fact that the very poor all the way up to the top earners are ALL TAXED and taxed up their asses, one way or another. Some ultra rich find shelters and the very poor may get taxes and fees, but also have access to a vast majority of the entitlement programs.

And I disagree with you on the anger about the taxes - I believe (for me it is certainly true) that people are angry about what tax dollars are used for (or wasted on), moreso that the amount of the taxation. No one likes taxes, but to know they are being used to fund the likes of ACORN as well as a million other pet projects pisses me off.
    NO, i didn't. I choose to believe that when you construct a sentence that is what you chose to write. Just as I know you specifically wrote federal.

I'm sorry, but you don't make any argument that suggests that because one pays more income tax that means the other is represented without taxation. Sorry, but income tax, sales tax, excise tax, gas tax, cig tax...it is all the same to me. The gov is taking my money.

Anger: Your position is a no win position. We are never going to agree which programs are worthy. things you feel are worthy i might not.

Lastly, I watched FNC..and i saw anger about the tax rate..not the programs. Very little about wasteful spending...it was far more about the gov't getting too much and the system being overly complicated.

But, you guys can keep bitching..it is great.

Like i said...Fox was going to get much more fun to watch with the Obama admin. Everyday is like Xmas.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Sorry, but income tax, sales tax, excise tax, gas tax, cig tax...it is all the same to me. The gov is taking my money.
    Either you're lying or stupid then. Because all taxes aren't the same. Do you smoke? Do you walk, ride a bike bus or drive to work? Own a house or rent? Live in a state with low or high sales taxes, etc. How much of the government largess do you get due to your job/economic/racial/etc. status? No one is the same, and a lot of people, in balance get more from the government (certainly if you only count the FEDERAL government and FEDERAL taxes) than they pay in. If you don't smoke, but you have a few children and make say, 60K - hey SCHIP will cover you. Is the government taking your money? Nope, it's taking it from someone else and giving it to you.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck