Does anyone else but me get pissed off with Mission and Values statements on the job???

One of my workplace's mission statements is "we value honesty in all our relationships"........................that must be why we schedule a doctor's office visits every 15 minutes when there's no way in hell that he/she can manage to keep that schedule--so that by noontime he/she is commonly at least 45 minutes behind schedule. It must be a comfort to the patient that we value honesty so much that we don't explain that to them--we'll just leave them sitting in the waiting room!

Wait........I'm not done ranting!!!!! We have a department chock full of ass-kissers who spent enough time on their knees that they were "rewarded" with the position of "community relations"--which means they sit around the job and think up great new programs to increase worker production and satisfaction. The latest idea for a slogan? "Simply the Best"--with the idea that if we splatter the workplace with these "Simply the Best" stickers, well then of course, ALL of the employees are just gonna do the best job they possibly can.....just by seeing the sticker. So of course the standard response to computer downtime, mechanical misfunction or human error is always...."put a 'Simply the Best' sticker on it.....then it will be JUST FINE!!!!!"