Thread: Got a new job

Got a new job

Just waiting for my background check to clear through. I'm gonna be a 'Researcher' for a government contractor in Arlington, VA. Its gonna be a great step up from my current job (Insurance Agent). They pay is gonna be decent too. I havn't been this happy in a long time.

I think I am turning into a yuppie. Ill be taking the subway into work everyday and saving up to buy a BMW by the end of the year. I want to purchase one before I turn 24.

If there are any DC area packerrats that want to meet up for a beer or 20, you should hit me up.
    I am better looking than you.

Congrats. Is this one of those shovel ready projects?
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Re: Got a new job

Quote Originally Posted by arcilite
    Just waiting for my background check to clear through. I'm gonna be a 'Researcher' for a government contractor in Arlington, VA. Its gonna be a great step up from my current job (Insurance Agent). They pay is gonna be decent too. I havn't been this happy in a long time.

I think I am turning into a yuppie. Ill be taking the subway into work everyday and saving up to buy a BMW by the end of the year. I want to purchase one before I turn 24.

If there are any DC area packerrats that want to meet up for a beer or 20, you should hit me up.

Congrats! It's a good time to be in the market for a BMW.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell

Yea for some reason I'm in love with a 2007 328i convertible. Driving that around will help me meet some ladies haha.

And to skinbasket, no its not, I'll be working on a project to help military units/veterans when they get back from deployment to figure out which benefits they can utilize or help them enroll into schools, etc. I'll also be working with their spouses while they are away on deployment to help them out. I think i'll be doing something good for society for once.

You'll be working across the bridge from me. Welcome to town...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    I've been living in northern Virginia all my life (manassas). But I just moved to Mclean in February (yeah im one of those people). Where you live at?

Are there still 'yuppies'?

Congrats on the new job.......

I've been living in northern Virginia all my life (manassas). But I just moved to Mclean in February (yeah im one of those people). Where you live at?
    I live up the red line. But I party at Dupont and Georgetown (more Dupont) whenever possible.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

I live up the red line. But I party at Dupont and Georgetown (more Dupont) whenever possible.
    Ka Ching!!!

Congratulations young man. May this be the first of many positive steps forward.

Just waiting for my background check to clear through.
    Gosh, I hope you didn't admit to posting on here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Ka Ching!!!
    Give it up. There's precious little time for partying these days--but if you can make it, arclite's buying...

Ka Ching!!!
    Give it up. There's precious little time for partying these days--but if you can make it, arclite's buying...
    Slowing tracking you....like the beaver!

How I wish you could see the potential
    The potential of you and me
    It's like a book elegantly bound
    But in a language you can't read just yet

like the beaver!
    me too.

Wish I could speak the language of love like you.

Congrats arcilite!

A step up and also the added benefit of feeling the satisfaction that you are actually helping people.....win/win situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell

Yea for some reason I'm in love with a 2007 328i convertible. Driving that around will help me meet some ladies haha.

And to skinbasket, no its not, I'll be working on a project to help military units/veterans when they get back from deployment to figure out which benefits they can utilize or help them enroll into schools, etc. I'll also be working with their spouses while they are away on deployment to help them out. I think i'll be doing something good for society for once.
    Sounds like an awesome job! Congrats.

I'll also be working with their spouses while they are away on deployment to help them out.
    I didn't realize we did this...any other openings?
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.