Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: I just sent my 1st text message

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Have no idea what you are trying to say.

Still waiting for you to show me where ty was trying to pass of the increase as nothing.
    They're rare compared to now. The point I have originally made has been mathematically proven. and.... Boom goes the dynamite!
    Still waiting.

The point you made was "who was texting" it was rare. You never said compared today.

Nobody but you would consider 100 million rare. 100 mill is less than today. Rare. Not a chance.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    where have I witnessed such scintillating debate before?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    It isn't a debate.

? HOFer

Still waiting for you to show me where ty was trying to pass of the increase as nothing.
    They're rare compared to now. The point I have originally made has been mathematically proven. and.... Boom goes the dynamite!
    Still waiting.

The point you made was "who was texting" it was rare. You never said compared today.

Nobody but you would consider 100 million rare. 100 mill is less than today. Rare. Not a chance.
    Isn't it implied that it's compared to today? Regardless, it is rare when it looking at it compared to today. The total texts and texts per user are both micro-fractions of what they are.

Still waiting.

Isn't it implied that it's compared to today? Regardless, it is rare when it looking at it compared to today. The total texts and texts per user are both micro-fractions of what they are.
    No. It isn't implied.

Camparison is a strawman.

Rare is rare. There aren't degrees.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    It isn't a debate.
    That's the truth
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    We now interrupt this inane argument with a picture of a hot cheerleader.

All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig
    We now interrupt this inane argument with a picture of a hot cheerleader.

It isn't an argument, it is an excercise.

Throwing Red Flags All Over McCarthy's Lawn
    Quote Originally Posted by falco
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeLH2006
    Quote Originally Posted by falco
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeLH2006
    Seriously dude, P, Ty was/is right....you were talking about text phones in general as being rare....Maybe peeps text hella now, but I know (did myself with many buds) text was prevalent in 1999, just not as fluent. Where are you going with this? Peeps text more now, but your original point was that peeps with access/phones were rare before 2006. WTF are you spewing? It's entertaining to hear you post though.
    LOL, not at all. Said welcome to 2006 after Skin said he made his first text. Then, said texting really took off in 2006. How can this possibly be disputed? Some of you guys will argue over anything and it's truly ridic. I just need to learn to turn the other cheek and not waste my time...
    Look, normally I want to beat partial with a big stick covered in dogshit as much as the rest of you guys. But in this case he's got a point - he was simply commenting on the exponential growth of texting over the last few years. Maybe he wasn't polite about it, but come on do we really need to argue about everything?

And snake my man, what the hell? You come in to a 10 page thread arguing semantics over the meaning of the word "rare," and then talk about how texting is more "fluent" in 2006 than in was in 1999????
    I don't get your rip. What are your talking about Falco?

fluĀ·ent (flnt)
    adj.
    a. Able to express oneself readily and effortlessly

It's easier to text now than then (1999) with the new textpads, etc. It is more FLUENT now. Just don't get it yo. What's the rip/so funny with fluent? Text has been around for a decade...harder to do back then, but definitely not rare...it was harder to do, but definitely not RARE. That was the whole point. Peeps did it and do now. Partial's arguement had to do with numbers/if anybody texted in the 90's. I said yes, we did. It was harder to do, but many did it. Much more do now more FLUENTLY.
    My bad dude. Misunderstood what you were trying to say.
    It's all good, Falco. I thought it was clear, but I'll to be more fluent, unlike Partial's twist and turn arguments. Partial would make a great Internet lawyer like Johnnie Cochran, "If you don't get my post's gists, I gotta give it some 180 twists.".
    Snake's Twitter comments would be LEGENDARY.........if I was ugly or gave a shit about Twitter.