Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
Quote Originally Posted by pbmax
Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
I see nothing has changed on this site. Same people arguing back and forth, same people thriving on the drama, etc. It's like more effort is being put into policing people about what they can and can't post and threatening them with "time outs" than actually discussing football.

Don't mean to sound bitchy, I just really miss the way this place was before the Favre drama started. It divided many posters around here and caused many regs to stop posting. Now that I don't live in GB anymore, I really miss the contributions and old "regs" around here who provided a great insight to the team.
Actually, if all the old Regs just came back and started posting in football threads, starting actual football threads and generally just ignoring the knuckleheads, the tide would turn. But we have a few too many knuckleheads right now. We need to alter the balance. But that can only be done by actual participation.
The formula seems so simple: Post in/read the threads/writers you enjoy, ignore the threads/writers you don't enjoy, and contribute your own ideas in a new thread. Critique arguments and topics and not people. Ignore those who attack you and not your argument and try not to attack others. It mostly works, although I'll admit I've broken these simple rules. Keep going.

About Favre: I am perplexed by those who seem to think it is an issue that can easily be brushed aside. Favre left in a flurry of chaos and controversy and he's performing extremely well for the fiercest rival the Packers currently have. Should it be surprising that people are all riled up over it? And will be for a long time? Is it unique to this Packer site?
Many Packer fans have and will continue to observe and enjoy Brett Favre's success's. The bottom line. Favre was pushed out of Green Bay and unfortunately for Packer fortunes as his career winds down he ended up in Minnesota. I have Packer fan friends that still have a keen interest in him and applaud his dramatic leadership and success this season.

It concerns me that the Commissioner of this forum ( Zool ) holds such prejudice to actually get inflamed over a thread with any reference to Brett Favre. It concerns me that others would entertain such severe censorship. If we decide that everything Favre should be contained in one thread? Will that decision apease the censors, the drama Kings and haters on this forum? I think not!

What Packerrats needs is a purging of all posters that have made this forum what we feel so much in evidence today and to realize that existed long before the Green Bay Packers and Brett Favre parted ways. This is a Green Bay Packers forum and that should be the primary focus of the majority of threads here.

In no way should the censors and drama Kings be allowed to dominate and make Packerrats an uncomfortable place to visit and then have to put up with the bullies alternative that we go elsewhere.

Get rid of the real problem. The insane bullies and haters.