Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Pizza Stone

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark
    No self respecting pastry chef would sell a scone or croissant that is 3 or 4 days old.
    pastry chefs dont' work with croissant or scones. pastry isn't the same as bread. C'mon Howard.

Cheese & Beer Rat All-Pro MichiganPackerFan's Avatar
    Thanks for providing the good tips! I'm going through well over 5 lbs every two weeks, so I think a 25 lb quantity might be more appropriate. (?) Thanks for the tips on storage Ty - hadn't even thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganPackerFan
    Thanks for providing the good tips! I'm going through well over 5 lbs every two weeks, so I think a 25 lb quantity might be more appropriate. (?) Thanks for the tips on storage Ty - hadn't even thought of that.
    welcome

Do you really want to risk introducing moisture to your flour party by putting it in the freezer?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    No self respecting pastry chef would sell a scone or croissant that is 3 or 4 days old.
    pastry chefs dont' work with croissant or scones. pastry isn't the same as bread. C'mon Howard.
    The why did you say it?
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

The why did you say it?
    Find the quote.

The why did you say it?
    Find the quote.
    Same deal as last night if I find it?
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

The why did you say it?
    Find the quote.
    Same deal as last night if I find it?
    Context. I responded to what a pastry chef was doing in HH's post. I just didn't put that part in quotes. The issue was how they worked (transfat) not what they were making. Ty alludes to it with bakery and institutions. No need to dispute the product when the issue was an ingredient.

Your post asked me why i said "it," which confers working equaling selling. They don't. I never said they do.

? HOFer
    3irty1, I made this pizza sauce and need to cut the acidity down. I can feel it in my esophagus today (I think). I'm not sure what heart burn feels like but I imagine this was it. I popped 4 tums this morning in hopes of it going away as I hear that this kind of thing can really mess up your esophagus if you're not careful.

Any suggestions? Add peppers? I add a ton of crushed red pepper to the pizza, but not the sauce. Would adding to the sauce help?

http://www.recipezaar.com/Ultimate-Pizza-Sauce-114392

Ingredients
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 tablespoon butter
    1/2 cup onion, chopped
    1/4 cup celery, chopped
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
    1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
    2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
    1 teaspoon dried basil
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon sugar
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1 small bay leaf
    1 teaspoon fennel seed

Directions
    1 In a large skillet, melt butter with the oil. Add the onion, celery and garlic and saute until soft and transparent.

2 Add tomato sauce and tomato paste and stir until smooth.

3 Add remaining ingredients and bring to slow simmer.

4 Simmer for 30-60 minutes (or not at all depending on your taste and time frame).

5 Remove the bay leaf and spread the sauce on your prepared pizza dough.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    3irty1, I made this pizza sauce and need to cut the acidity down. I can feel it in my esophagus today (I think). I'm not sure what heart burn feels like but I imagine this was it. I popped 4 tums this morning in hopes of it going away as I hear that this kind of thing can really mess up your esophagus if you're not careful.

Any suggestions? Add peppers? I add a ton of crushed red pepper to the pizza, but not the sauce. Would adding to the sauce help?

http://www.recipezaar.com/Ultimate-Pizza-Sauce-114392

Ingredients
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 tablespoon butter
    1/2 cup onion, chopped
    1/4 cup celery, chopped
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
    1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
    2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
    1 teaspoon dried basil
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon sugar
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1 small bay leaf
    1 teaspoon fennel seed

Directions
    1 In a large skillet, melt butter with the oil. Add the onion, celery and garlic and saute until soft and transparent.

2 Add tomato sauce and tomato paste and stir until smooth.

3 Add remaining ingredients and bring to slow simmer.

4 Simmer for 30-60 minutes (or not at all depending on your taste and time frame).

5 Remove the bay leaf and spread the sauce on your prepared pizza dough.
    Crushed and dried red peppers is likely to blame. Heart burn is caused by stomach acid not tomato acid and spicy food sets it off on occasion for many.

However if you want to make the sauce less acidic you add stuff that's not acidic to cut it. I like pureed roasted red peppers which I think you can actually buy unpureed in a jar ready to go. The only reason I'd reduce the acid in a pizza sauce is to affect the cheese. Mozzarella is stringy and gooey when melted but acid will make it rubbery and chewy.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1
    Crushed and dried red peppers is likely to blame. Heart burn is caused by stomach acid not tomato acid and spicy food sets it off on occasion for many.

However if you want to make the sauce less acidic you add stuff that's not acidic to cut it. I like pureed roasted red peppers which I think you can actually buy unpureed in a jar ready to go. The only reason I'd reduce the acid in a pizza sauce is to affect the cheese. Mozzarella is stringy and gooey when melted but acid will make it rubbery and chewy.
    You waited until he was banned to reply to this? That seems cruel. Somewhere Partial may be suffering heartburn and you put the remedy in the one place he can't get it?
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I didn't learn of his banning until I read the GC today. I'm sure he's still reading but if he's not then he's probably making tons of pizza with all his free time in which case he could well be suffering as I type.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

I didn't learn of his banning until I read the GC today. I'm sure he's still reading but if he's not then he's probably making tons of pizza with all his free time in which case he could well be suffering as I type.
    I guess he did mention how easy spoofing IPs was at some point, so I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    I guess he did mention how easy spoofing IPs was at some point, so I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him.
    he'll probably logon undercover with a name like partial 2. Somthing that won't draw attention. smoooth like that.