Page 248 of 563 FirstFirst ... 148 198 238 246 247 248 249 250 258 298 348 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,960 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    I would like to go Bert's HOF induction to participate in the heckling. Do you guys think the NFL will take steps to keep out all the people that hate the guy?
    I plan on going and enjoying it. I've come around to the point that I realize it's probably been pretty hard for Favre to stay humble or not be a Diva when he has people kissing all his body parts all the time. When you look at a lot of Divas, they all share in common one thing: a cadre of adoring fans/sycophants who refuse to see any flaws in their dear leader. Favre is responsible for some/ a lot of this, but when ESPN allows Deanna to recite her Favre poetry twice in one broadcast, you have to ask yourself "What chance has the guy got?" The things that we all liked about Favre haven't changed much, unfortunately, we got to see too much behind the curtain and too much into the nature of the rest of his family. One wonders if the Favre downward slide into diva territory didn't really start or accelerate until 'Ole Irv bought the farm.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Ya know, a friend and I got into this very discussion yesterday. What would have happened had Irv still been around. I think Irv kicks him in the ass and tells him to shut up and play, that he's the QB not the coach. Irv was a coach and didn't put up with a lot of crap from what I could tell.
    I've felt this way for a couple of years. Once Irv died, Favre was surrounded by yes people. Deanna, Bus Cook, the guy from the Biloxi newspaper. This can screw up anyone's mind. When you have people heaping adulation on you, you need someone to keep you grounded. I think that was Irv. When Irv was around, Favre always showed great respect for his coaches and the people running the Packer organization. That kind of dissipated in his later years.

Hilarious to hear even Aynrand making excuses for the guy. What ever happened to good old fashioned personal responsibility? Does Bert get a pass on that too?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier
    Hilarious to hear even Aynrand making excuses for the guy. What ever happened to good old fashioned personal responsibility? Does Bert get a pass on that too?

As I've noted time will heal all wounds and most of you will start respecting the guy enough to call him by his real name again some time after he retires.

Well, except Scott Campbell
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

That's the great thing about last Sunday. Time can't reverse that clutch choke job that kept his team out of the Superbowl. It's etched in stone for eternity.

But we all are still on for going to Sharper's induction and chanting 4th and 26?

I wonder if he will take a bad angle to the podium and end up sitting in Steve Young's lap.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Most Famous Quote Of All Time About Brett Favre:

A) He's like a kid out there.
    B) He's like a linebacker in a QB's body.
    C) He's the most entertaining QB in history.
    D) THIS IS NOT DETROIT!!!

It's truly amazing what you can do to your legacy with one amazingly boneheaded play.

I'd have started a poll on this if it were still legal.

The reason you are an ideologue is because you choose to read only that which agrees with your perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Favre is responsible for some/ a lot of this
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky

As I've noted time will heal all wounds and most of you will start respecting the guy enough to call him by his real name again some time after he retires.
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Favre is responsible for some/ a lot of this

Blog Entries
    That's the great thing about last Sunday. Time can't reverse that clutch choke job that kept his team out of the Superbowl. It's etched in stone for eternity.

While I might agree this was his worst play of them all, most do remember that that the poor play is just a small portion of why MN is not going to the Super Bowl. Even if he does what he should Longwell still needs to nail a long field goal.....and I don't even need to remind..even you...of all the blunders by everyone else in that game...fumbles...calls...etc
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax
    But we all are still on for going to Sharper's induction and chanting 4th and 26?

I wonder if he will take a bad angle to the podium and end up sitting in Steve Young's lap.

Reminds me that I'm the odd bird

I'm happy when Sharper does well as well as Favre

While I might agree this was his worst play of them all
    I wouldn't

http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/q...remoonshot.flv

Most Famous Quote Of All Time About Brett Favre:

D) THIS IS NOT DETROIT!!!

It's truly amazing what you can do to your legacy with one amazingly boneheaded play.

l.
    Or ten. It's interesting. Even the NFLN, which has a long history of licking Favre's anus, had a hard time wrapping their sycophantic player-apologetic arms around the Favre detonation in N.O. However, when they replayed the radio broadcast, they deliberately cut off Paul Allen before his (should be) famous line.

A week later and it's still priceless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_zlgCIIZkw

I wonder if I can make that into a ring tone for my cell phone.

More support for Brett from the purple faithful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoJ_K4Mlt4w

While I might agree this was his worst play of them all, most do remember that that the poor play is just a small portion of why MN is not going to the Super Bowl.

Agreed.

The remainder of the blame lays squarely on his character issues finally catching up with him.

As I said before it was a terrible play and about the only one of the game that was a bad one for Brett. But they were at least in the NFC championship game,where again were Mcstubby,TT,and the rest of the Packer org during that game. OH,that's right at home watching it on tv.

While I might agree this was his worst play of them all, most do remember that that the poor play is just a small portion of why MN is not going to the Super Bowl.

Agreed.

The remainder of the blame lays squarely on his character issues finally catching up with him.
    Admin Joe, Cmon, How long you gonna let this joker sit here and bait people, he is adding nothing and trying his best to start a flame war!
    Baah

The more things change.........

........the more they stay the same.