Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: great beers

i can get some great lakes

Yum. This is probably the best Gruit I've ever had. Had a glass pre release today at the brewery.

http://www.midnightsunbrewing.com/be...bathtubGin.php

Cheese & Beer Rat All-Pro MichiganPackerFan's Avatar
    This is one of my favorites for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    It's almost time for another shipment Howard......I needs me some New Glarus and some Great lakes.
    I've got a new load ready to ship. As a veteran beer trader, is it OK to ship this time of year? Will tthe bottles freeze and burst? A friend of mine buys a lot of wine that ships and tells me that once it gets really cold, he doesn't order anymore for that reason.

BTW.....stay calm at 10 am, this in only a test!

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States will run state-wide tests in Alaska on Wednesday of the country's Emergency Alert System, which uses television and radio to inform the public in the event of a national emergency.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency said in a statement that the tests, which have been planned since September, would be conducted at 10 a.m. (2 p.m. EST/1900 GMT).
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark
    It's almost time for another shipment Howard......I needs me some New Glarus and some Great lakes.
    I've got a new load ready to ship. As a veteran beer trader, is it OK to ship this time of year? Will tthe bottles freeze and burst? A friend of mine buys a lot of wine that ships and tells me that once it gets really cold, he doesn't order anymore for that reason.

BTW.....stay calm at 10 am, this in only a test!

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States will run state-wide tests in Alaska on Wednesday of the country's Emergency Alert System, which uses television and radio to inform the public in the event of a national emergency.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency said in a statement that the tests, which have been planned since September, would be conducted at 10 a.m. (2 p.m. EST/1900 GMT).
    I'm always ready. Fire away and I will reload and return. Same shipping method. I have some great stuff in the cellar just waiting to head south...east. If it's delivered when I'm gone it won't sit out long enough to hurt it.

The test went well from what I could tell.

i'll be brewing a westmalle dubbel clone sometime this week

supplies should be here tomorrow

Had some Shock Top Wheat Ale today... darn tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by red

Nice....all grain? I love to brew but I rarely have the time to anymore. Post some photos of it in a glass after it's ready if you don't mind.

We really need to find a way to get together for a tasting sometime.

Nice....all grain? I love to brew but I rarely have the time to anymore. Post some photos of it in a glass after it's ready if you don't mind.

We really need to find a way to get together for a tasting sometime.
    no, i'm not an all grain brewer yet. its a partial

Here is a link to this weekends GABBWF. Lots of great beer....it's going to be fun.

http://auroraproductions.net/docs/GABBF10_Program.pdf

I know the Oskar Blues folks so I'll be repping for them as none can make it up. Free tix......

Is this a real Guinness commercial?

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Z3Mp94ruVa4

Every try Blue Moon? It's on my list to do.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

The beer I brew has quickly become my favorite beer for the most part. I'm not so foolish as to think I brew better than the micros and crafts, but I can tailor my brew to my tastes.

I've got a few on the go right now. One is Young's Double Chocolate Stout inspired - I poured a can of cocoa right into the batch! The other is an Sierra Nevada inspired American Pale Ale. A fortune in hops into that one!

Anyone who hasn't tried it should. To start, you don't have to go all grain, or even partial to get something very good. Some of the kits being produced these days are quite good just as they are. Lots of resources on the net about it.
    --

Throwing Red Flags All Over McCarthy's Lawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness

Every try Blue Moon? It's on my list to do.
    I thought we covered that one a few pages back, but yep, Blue Moon's are great...usually served with an orange slice at the bar. Snake's not keen on the fruity drinks, but that is a good chill beer with a nice aroma/taste. If you know some lady friends that aren't into beers, try recommending/buy them one at the bar. They'll enjoy it. Guys do too.
    Snake's Twitter comments would be LEGENDARY.........if I was ugly or gave a shit about Twitter.

Chimay got brought up, but I don't remember Blue Moon.

I'm not a 'lime in the beer' fan to make something palatable, a la Corona, but Blue Moon is different - the lime adds something to it, not just makes it drinkable!

Local micro/craft just put out a couple of specials - one the call 'Texas Tea' which a dark beer that has honey in it - very nice, and 'Big Dog Porter' which is a London Porter mixed with wine that I really enjoyed.

http://www.neustadtsprings.com/
    --

Good....

still thinking....

not so good....

After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Howard....I"m going to wait till this is released on Friday to ship.

http://midnightsunbrewing.com/sales/...dyBrew2010.pdf

Looks like a good one...Oskar Blues does too. I look forward to it.....I need some new beer for the ice house. I need to check out the better beer stores around here to see if I can get some of this stuff....Deschutes too.

A beer to celebrate a dog sled race? Is that a big event up there?

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark

Looks like a good one...Oskar Blues does too. I look forward to it.....I need some new beer for the ice house. I need to check out the better beer stores around here to see if I can get some of this stuff....Deschutes too.

A beer to celebrate a dog sled race? Is that a big event up there?
    Fur Rendezvous was first and foremost a time when the trappers/traders came together to sell pelts and trade for other goods (booze, nookie) and gamble away their hard earned money. The mushing started as a way for the trappers and such to show off their dog teams and gamble and has evolved over the years into the World sprint dog championships.

Lots of other things going on.

http://www.furrondy.net/

Any of you beer lovers from Northern Washington state?

I'm going to Bellingham on business, and wondering what available there wrt brew pubs and local brews!
    --