Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Viqueens new stadium

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twoseven
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax
    I am a mixed bag on taxation for sporting stadiums.

The Metrodome was a mistake but is it even 30 years old yet?

The Bradley Center is just 20 years old and folks were crying for a new stadium 5 years ago.

As far as building downtown, I think it is the best spot to spark commercial spending for a sporting event. The bars and resturants and stores will benefit to a great extent. Look at Miller Park, it does very little for the surrounding communtiy because there is nothing within walking distance of the Park.

Tailgating is great, but it does little for the commercial community that should benefit when taxpayers have to shell out .01% of sales tax.
    Really? I haven't been to a ton of Brewers' games, but afterward we always end up in a bar just north across the highway. Not quite walking distance, but definitely in the neighborhood. Its usually packed.

I suppose once you get people in a car, they might keep driving though.

That one bar is Kelly's Bleachers, and it is not walking distance. There is a nice stock yard and a couple of broke ass factories you could possibly walk to though.
    there is another Irish Bar on the corner next to kelly's. so you have two choices.
    unless the bartender spontaneoulsy yells out 'fuck....ass', i'm not going.
    I get it.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

The Bradley Center is just 20 years old and folks were crying for a new stadium 5 years ago.

As far as building downtown, I think it is the best spot to spark commercial spending for a sporting event. The bars and resturants and stores will benefit to a great extent. Look at Miller Park, it does very little for the surrounding communtiy because there is nothing within walking distance of the Park.

Tailgating is great, but it does little for the commercial community that should benefit when taxpayers have to shell out .01% of sales tax.
    Really? I haven't been to a ton of Brewers' games, but afterward we always end up in a bar just north across the highway. Not quite walking distance, but definitely in the neighborhood. Its usually packed.

That one bar is Kelly's Bleachers, and it is not walking distance. There is a nice stock yard and a couple of broke ass factories you could possibly walk to though.
    there is another Irish Bar on the corner next to kelly's. so you have two choices.
    lol

love it

did you see the second one? IMO it sucks big time compared to the first one

Quote Originally Posted by red

lol

love it

did you see the second one? IMO it sucks big time compared to the first one
    yeah, i heard it wasn't so hot. i'll netflix it one day. first one is kind of hard to top.