Page 289 of 563 FirstFirst ... 189 239 279 287 288 289 290 291 299 339 389 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,780 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    I think Manning deserves some more credit. What he's done doesn't diminish the stature of Bert's durability.
    Yup, that's my point. Favre has long passed the 200 game mark, and that speaks for itself. But wasn't the old mark for QBs something in the 170's? Manning has exceeded that by a significant amount and deserves to be recognized for it too.

I doubt Manning will ever catch Favre, because he may retire before Favre!

Quote Originally Posted by Patler
    I think Manning deserves some more credit. What he's done doesn't diminish the stature of Bert's durability.
    Yup, that's my point. Favre has long passed the 200 game mark, and that speaks for itself. But wasn't the old mark for QBs something in the 170's? Manning has exceeded that by a significant amount and deserves to be recognized for it too.

I know you're joking, but Peyton is 34. Who knows how much longer he'll play.

Blog Entries

Peyton's over 200 if you count play-offs, BLF is over 300 if you count 'em.

Name Period Consecutive Starts Playoffs Total
    1 Brett Favre 1992–present 285† 24 309
    2 Peyton Manning 1998–present 192 18 210

I couldn't believe Brett has played the 24 play-off games, it doesn't seem that high, but I guess it is.....

(Sorry if the data is all skewed, I never did figure out how to insert a table in here.)

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack

Peyton's over 200 if you count play-offs, BLF is over 300 if you count 'em.

Name Period Consecutive Starts Playoffs Total
    1 Brett Favre 1992–present 285† 24 309
    2 Peyton Manning 1998–present 192 18 210

I couldn't believe Brett has played the 24 play-off games, it doesn't seem that high, but I guess it is.....
    24 for Favre is barely 1 per year!
    Seriously though, 24 in 18 years as a starter. With two SB appearances and a few NFC Championship losses, the number runs up quite quickly.

Manning on a per season basis is a bit ahead, with 18 in 12 seasons as a starter.

A Viking fan perspective on the Favre signing from last year. I'm a little teary eyed.

This is just an excerpt. The full piece can be found here, and it's a must read.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...ett-favre.html

F–K YOU, BRETT FAVRE

My favorite team is going to sign Brett Favre in the coming days, or weeks, or months, or however long it takes that fucking asshole to milk the publicity machine to his satisfaction. It’s going to happen. Debating whether or not it will is a complete waste of fucking time. When it comes to the Land Baron, speculation always becomes reality.

It’s fitting that it would come this. For years and years, I have fucking loathed Brett Favre with every fiber of my being. He is the single most self-aggrandizing piece of shit who ever walked the Earth, the most blatantly phony human being in America this side of Bobby Bowden. Say what you will of openly douchebaggy people like Matt Leinart or Spencer Pratt. At least there are no illusions when it comes to those gents’ intentions. Everything about Favre – from his style of play to his carefully cultivated everyman image – is complete bullshit, and everything about the man is tiresome, to the point where bitching about him being tiresome has become an even more tiresome enterprise than whatever it is that makes him tiresome to begin with. Not only am I sick of this dipshit, but I’m sick of being sick of him. And I resent that everyone is so tired of hating him, that I’m beating a dead horse by still hating him.

I have always argued that pro athletes should play their respective sports as long as they damn well please, because it’s still a kickass job even if you aren’t all that good at it anymore. So I don’t begrudge Favre his right to play football, even if it’s for the Vikings. What I do begrudge is the fact that this asshole NEVER WANTED TO FUCKING STOP PLAYING TO BEGIN WITH. He knew the second he rererereretired earlier this year that he’d try and get his release so he could play in Minnesota. This whole myth perpetrated by Peter King that, “I don’t think even Brett Favre knows what Brett Favre is going to do” is the most insulting pile of shit I’ve ever heard. That fuck knows exactly what the fuck he’s doing, and anyone who says otherwise probably spends all day licking radiators.

I know you're joking, but Peyton is 34. Who knows how much longer he'll play.
    I was only half joking. It wouldn't be a shock at all if Manning only played another 3 seasons or so. It also wouldn't be a shock if he is still playing 5 or 6 years from now. He doesn't seem to have any significant recurring physical issues, his performance hasn't declined, so he could last a long time yet, if he wants to.

A Viking fan perspective on the Favre signing from last year. I'm a little teary eyed.

This is just an excerpt. The full piece can be found here, and it's a must read.

Whether you agree with the guy or not, you have to admire his style!
    It's a long article, but consistent and well ordered. It would be entertaining even if you replaced the profanity.

I wonder if he wrote anything after their playoff loss???

Blog Entries
    From the KSK post Campbell linked to:

Just know that I will fucking hunt you down with a goddamn bow when you end up fucking us in the end. And you will fuck us. Just know I’m far more excited by the thought of you getting booed at Lambeau than the thought of you being cheered at the Metrodome.
    I'd love to read the epilogue to that awesome rant about a week after the late throw over the middle.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by vince

Just know that I will fucking hunt you down with a goddamn bow when you end up fucking us in the end. And you will fuck us. Just know I’m far more excited by the thought of you getting booed at Lambeau than the thought of you being cheered at the Metrodome.
    I'd love to read the epilogue to that awesome rant about a week after the late throw over the middle.
    Maybe there is no epilogue because he got arrested. That was a pretty specific threat, and Favre fulfilled his part of the 'bargain.'

F–K YOU, BRETT FAVRE

My favorite team is going to sign Brett Favre in the coming days, or weeks, or months, or however long it takes that fucking asshole to milk the publicity machine to his satisfaction. It’s going to happen. Debating whether or not it will is a complete waste of fucking time. When it comes to the Land Baron, speculation always becomes reality.

It’s fitting that it would come this. For years and years, I have fucking loathed Brett Favre with every fiber of my being. He is the single most self-aggrandizing piece of shit who ever walked the Earth, the most blatantly phony human being in America this side of Bobby Bowden. Say what you will of openly douchebaggy people like Matt Leinart or Spencer Pratt. At least there are no illusions when it comes to those gents’ intentions. Everything about Favre – from his style of play to his carefully cultivated everyman image – is complete bullshit, and everything about the man is tiresome, to the point where bitching about him being tiresome has become an even more tiresome enterprise than whatever it is that makes him tiresome to begin with. Not only am I sick of this dipshit, but I’m sick of being sick of him. And I resent that everyone is so tired of hating him, that I’m beating a dead horse by still hating him.

I have always argued that pro athletes should play their respective sports as long as they damn well please, because it’s still a kickass job even if you aren’t all that good at it anymore. So I don’t begrudge Favre his right to play football, even if it’s for the Vikings. What I do begrudge is the fact that this asshole NEVER WANTED TO FUCKING STOP PLAYING TO BEGIN WITH. He knew the second he rererereretired earlier this year that he’d try and get his release so he could play in Minnesota. This whole myth perpetrated by Peter King that, “I don’t think even Brett Favre knows what Brett Favre is going to do” is the most insulting pile of shit I’ve ever heard. That fuck knows exactly what the fuck he’s doing, and anyone who says otherwise probably spends all day licking radiators.
    This guy needs to be recruited and given his own weekly column on Packerrats.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Imagine that. AP's pulling a Favre.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...from-minicamp/

When you enable Bert, everybody else wants the diva treatment too.

Blog Entries
    If it weren't for frickin Brett Favre dam Atari Bigby would be signed and in camp now
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

"I just know that there's a bunch of guys here," Childress said. "This has the term mandatory for a reason. The work's here."

Mandatory? Really??

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    I know this doesn't really have much to do with the current discussion but I have to say that I really like this Favre commercial here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2pIv...next=1&index=7

I don't really care for the first 20 seconds which are merely highlighted by Favre's teammate making a great catch on a bad throw, but I am intrigued that the commercial cuts away on the last throw by Favre. I have to think that Favre kept throwing interceptions and finally Wranglers was like "you know what, fuck it. Just cut away to the next commercial."

Mandatory? Really?
    Busting drunk drivers in Antarctica since 2006

I blame Peterson here. Clearly he has yet to learn how to manage his offseason lack of participation.

He hasn't learned the lessons that Favre has developed for superstar players: you simply claim that you are uncertain as to whether you want to continue to play or retire. You go on a few shows, proclaim your angst, acknowledge the bind it might put your team in, and - wala! - you don't have to attend anything because you're not really sure if you're playing next year or not.

Then you make your "decision" whenever you're ready to show up, and all is well.

AP has the tools at his disposal yet stands on the grounds of arrogance ("I'm going to the me parade") instead. The man has learned nothing at the feet of the Great One.

Minny fans should be disappointed.

Eh, AP has his home town having a big celebration for him. I think if AP had given more notice, this wouldn't even be talked about right now.

And I sort of agree with Childress - Favre gets special treatment because it's a far different situation. Sure, most are positive he is coming back, but if you call him up and say "your required to be here right now" when he hasn't officially stated it, he may just end up retiring and BOOM goes the superbowl shot in 2010.

I am guessing if peterson was still a top notch RB at age 40 (lol), he would be allowed ot miss shit right now too.

Fact is, he is still a young guy in this league who, for RB's, is entering his prime and he has a severe flaw that may or may not have causes the vikings to not be in the SB last season. He needs to be there working on it. Favre has been in the league too long to really be able to fix his mentality with the bad throws, but peterson still has time to fix his flaw.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Quote Originally Posted by vince

Maybe there is no epilogue because he got arrested. That was a pretty specific threat, and Favre fulfilled his part of the 'bargain.'
    I found his book. It's called INTERCEPTED: Chronicles of my fucking failed attempt at avenging fucking Brett Favre, written from the Mississippit State fucking Penetentiary.

Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker1234
    And I sort of agree with Childress - Favre gets special treatment because it's a far different situation.
    ie..............

When does "mandatory" not mean "mandatory"?

When you're Bert frigg'n Favre - that's when.

Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker1234
    Favre has been in the league too long to really be able to fix his mentality with the bad throws, but peterson still has time to fix his flaw.

So what you're saying is that Favre is beyond redemption for choking, but AP might yet be saved - if he goes to camp.