Thread: Thief killed while kicking in door; homeowner cited

Eric Von Zipper Rat All-Pro CaliforniaCheez's Avatar

Thief killed while kicking in door; homeowner cited

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRe...ticleid=153698

Thief dies. Homeowner in trouble.

Senior Rat HOFer the_idle_threat's Avatar
    I was expecting a "shoot first, ask questions later" story, but in hindsight that generally leads to arrest rather than citation.

This is just bizarre. Watch for the inevitable wrongful death suit from the burglar's family.

Another to add to the list. We all know the McD's coffee case.

Other favorites include the drunk FIB in Chicago who peed on the "El" (pretty much right on a "DO NOT TRESPASS" sign), got electrocuted, sued...and of course, won. Based on the fact that he was too drunk to comprehend the sign.

The incarcerated white collar a-hole who tripped while playing tennis on the prison court, sued....and won.

And didn't the movie "Liar, Liar" also speak of a burglar who fell thru the sun light, sued...and won?

Granted, that may have been a fictional example for entertainment purposes. But either it was based on a real-life example or it was believable enough to include in the dialogue.

What a bunch of litigious crap. I got nothing more intelligent to say on the subject.

What a crock.

Another one is the driver of the Winnebago that left the drivers seat to go make something to eat (keep in mind, the vehicle is still moving) and well, it crashed. The owner sued because the operators manual did not say something to the fact that an auto-pilot wouldn't take over.

Thank god for all these directions,signs, warnings, cautions, etc....otherwise I would still be taking baths holding a small TV in one hand while trying to curl my hair with the other....

On the plus side ... some of the stick-man pictures that accompany the warnings can be quite hilarious!

And my all-time favorite!

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    What no pity for the theif? Lets take a moment to think about our very own Madtownpacker, we wouldn't want anything to happen to him while he is stealing car radios to pay for this site. Have some god damn compassion.

I pity the thief who tries to kick down the door at my house. I bought a shotgun just for the occasion (and because shotguns are a whole lotta fun to shoot).

Does that count as "god damn compassion?"

Engrish.com keeps me entertained for hours.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by the_idle_threat
    I pity the thief who tries to kick down the door at my house. I bought a shotgun just for the occasion (and because shotguns are a whole lotta fun to shoot).

Does that count as "god damn compassion?"
    My Maternal Grand-Father ... slept every night (alone after Gram passed on, with a loaded 20 gage at the side of his bed.

He lived in a rural setting.... the_idle_threat, and believe this. If some idiot tried to comandeer his place ... Eldon - would have shot his balls off.

Lock on that.

He would have been questioned, at most by the Mounties, and they wouldn't dare arrest... little more prosecute a man... who has every right to have FEAR... and protect himself ..HIS HOME ..if relevat His Family ...His LOVED ONE's ....with whatever means he needed to use.

Otherwise "the shit would hit the fan" all across this Nation. It would be a huge story.

The DAM gun Law up here, FAILED after a Billion Dollar expenditure, because strong Rural living people told the Government to shove their Gun Registry.

Who wants that Registry available to the highest ,to determine who has a sporting firearm in their possession (at HOME) and who doesn't.... ?? That is plain n' simple STUPID. Well...we are talking the Government here. Foolish Moron's most of the time. Elect em and they become idiots.

The Fueckin' theives are slowly tahing over...taking anything they DAM well please... and it's time we realize "just that"!!! High time.

It's getting terrible now !!! It's going to get worse.

A stranger enter's my home...without my permission "of course", I will out of instinct and temperment and common sense react... try to take him out.

Screw him !!! Rob me? Rape my woman?

DON"T THINK SO !!!!
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    What no pity for the theif? Lets take a moment to think about our very own Madtownpacker, we wouldn't want anything to happen to him while he is stealing car radios to pay for this site. Have some god damn compassion.
    I thought he painted murals on vans and sold flowers and oranges on the off-ramps?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    can someone post the story for me at work hiding behind a firewall
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday
    can someone post the story for me at work hiding behind a firewall
    Here you go Tony:

Staircase death lands Brighton homeowner in trouble
    By Jessica Fargen

Boston Herald Health & Medical Reporter

Monday, August 21, 2006 - Updated: Aug 22, 2006 12:11 AM EST

A Brighton homeowner is in trouble with the city because an alleged break-in artist fell to his death early yesterday from a set of rickety exterior stairs attached to the man’s two-story house.

The owner, whom the city did not identify, will be cited today for having an unsafe and dangerous structure at his two-family home at 89-91 Dustin St., said Lisa Timberlake, spokeswoman for the Inspectional Services Department.

“It was not properly secured,” Timberlake said of the stairs.

She said it’s unclear whether the stairs, which are connected to the side of the house, were used for emergencies or everyday use.

A man who said he owned the home, but refused to give his name, told the Herald yesterday that the intruder climbed the wrought-iron spiral steps at 2:20 a.m. The interloper was kicking in a door that led to the owner’s entrance when the stairs gave way, the man said.

The well-kept $550,000 home is owned by Michael and Maryellen Grant, according to the Suffolk County Registry of Deeds. A man who answered the phone at the home yesterday said Michael Grant was not in.

Timberlake said the owner, who lives on the second floor, is in the process of appealing a violation given about six months ago for the same staircase. The owner was issued the first violation after the department received complaints from neighbors, she said.

Boston police are investigating. The interloper was taken to St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center after the collapse and pronounced dead. Police did not release his identity.

jfargen@bostonherald.com. Mike Adaskaveg and Michael Givens contributed to this report
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Well if he is only cited to get it fixed so he doesnt die well that should happen. If he is cited for the scum bags death I think he should start a revolt!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday
    Well if he is only cited to get it fixed so he doesnt die well that should happen. If he is cited for the scum bags death I think he should start a revolt!
    Somehow ..... I can't find sympathy for the " alleged break-in artist".

That story is just weird.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    Thank god for all these directions,signs, warnings, cautions, etc....otherwise I would still be taking baths holding a small TV in one hand while trying to curl my hair with the other....
    Oh, I'm still doing this. Thanks for the warning Mich.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

This is my personal favorite, warning thieves (and unfortuante bastards who get their TWIX caught) that they can kill themselves.

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Didn't this sign used to be up in Lambeau before LeRoy Butler retired?