Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641
Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641
WB

Just a few quick points.

You are right that we don't know the whole story, but I feel when you look at what we do know it is heavily weighted towards TT.

Favre is the one who went on TV to plead his case. What horrible facts did we learn as to how he had been so wronged? None. The Packers sent out a very thorough, very detailed timeline regarding what happened in regards to contact with Favre, scheduling a plane to announce his retirement, Favre calling back and saying forget it. Guess what? Favre couldn't deny or refute any of it. That right there tells me that there was a lot more truth in the organization's story then Favre's. Why would Favre have held anything back? He was already burning bridges as it was.

If Favre's main complaint was that TT wouldn't let him play GM, then then boo fuckin boo. That wasn't his job and he had no right to play GM.

Moreover, look at how Favre has acted since then. Retired from the Jets and then asked for his retirement "just because." Booked hotel rooms the weekend of Packers-Vikings game while still a member of the Jets.

When it comes down to a truth-telling contest between the Packers and Favre there is no question in my mind who I should believe. Favre hasn't given me reason to believe a single word that comes out of his mouth.
Woodbuck I am awaiting your reply.
Is it possible that some of you are a tad sensitive? Since when is there any loyality in Pro Sports in these times.

As I see it TT got what he wanted. Aaron Rodgers behind center and it's obvious Favre had to retire or otherwise go before that would be a very comfortable move for TT and Aaron Rodgers.

Darn it ! It's really as it ended up; a win-win for both TT and our team and for Brett Favre. Why are we kicking Favre?

a)He gave us alot to cheer for.

b)He's a first ballot HOFer.

c)He has set every major NFL passing record.

d)He still looks great playing in his 40's. He's smooth as a drink of Gibson's Finest.

e) His Iron Man record is amongst the most astonishing in all of sports.

f) He's arguably the most exciting player that ever played in the NFL. He's certainly one of the most exciting players to ever play the game.

g) He never says die. That man just keeps on ticking. He plays his butt off.

h) He's definitely one of the All Time Great NFLers.

i) He wants still to go to and win another Super Bowl. Isn't that 'the Spirit'?

No ... he's simply this to many Packer fans. THE ENEMY. He's also really good and really scary and he'd love nothing better than to lead the Vikings to two more wins over us this season.

That comes with the territory as I see it and maybe we have to just suck it up till he hangs em up or for some of you:

HATE HIM. HATE AWAY and see where that gets y'all.

GO PACK GO!