Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark
Quote Originally Posted by hoosier
Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
Ok, I have this problem every time I cook pork chops. I do the whole egg and breading thing (this time I put just a touch of honey in the egg, but it crusts up and falls off the chops when I cook them--or I end up with overcooked breading and undercooked meat in the middle.
What do you do to them before you bread them? I would be bringing them close to room temp, drying them, add a dusting of flour and dip them in beaten eggs, and only then dip them in the bread crumbs or whatever. Then--very important--add them to a frying pan that is already hot (don't add oil till just before pork chops or it'll burn) so that they, or the breading, don't stick to the pan. Turn down the heat to mediumish and, if possible, only turn them once.
Just like making Wienerschnitzel:

Veal Wienerschnitzel

* 4 4 48-ounce veal scaloppini
* Salt and pepper
* Flour for dusting
* 2 eggs, plus 2 tablespoons water, beaten, for egg wash
* Panko, processed into fine crumbs, or fresh dried white breadcrumbs
* Peanut oil for frying

4. To prepare Wienerschnitzel: Season the veal scaloppini with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour. Dip in egg wash. Coat with panko or breadcrumbs. Score the coated scaloppini with four shallow knife cuts in a cross-hatch pattern to help prevent curling while cooking. Deep fry about 3 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
What are you, feeding the Austro-Hungarian army?