Quote Originally Posted by easy cheesy View Post
Rigor set in long ago... IMHO... Should have gone out with dignity.... Like an Elway... the whole ending is an absolute "mess".... coach fired.... roof collapses... career in shambles... shouldn't have kept Brat Fart in the game, at a certain point in the season anyway, because he is DEFINITELY NOT the future of the Vikings... misfires.... miscues... long buried scandals rearing their "heads".... a cluster all the way around...FUBAR.... good riddance... I understand where those think that he brought something to the game.... he brought one ring... and a copious lot of statistics and records... but I reiterate... one ring.... ***sigh***... for some, I guess that's enough though..... but, what do I know.... I'm just an opinionated bystander without a clue....
You make a good point. Favre memories by fans will tend to be about the individual, not the team, because he really didn't have outstanding team accomplishments. One SB win and two SB appearances pale in comparison to what many other QB's have achieved.

For Favre you think about personal stats, not team accomplishments.
For Brady one stat stands out (TDs in a season) but mostly you think about the team accomplishments.
Roethlisberger is about team accomplishments, too.
Manning is a lot like Favre, you think about the personal stats.