Thread: forum question?

forum question?

I'm not sure where to post this so sorry for the bandwidth. I hope someone can answer this question I have about this forum.

How come I have to log in each time I visit the ratchat? I checked the box to automatically log me in each time but it doesn't seem to work. I can type in my name and password each time I suppose but it would be nice if I didn't have to every time.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    I used to have this issue as well and the way I auto logged in was by clicking on the Romper Room or another board that requires member log in and then the page with all the boards would refresh and I would be logged in. I did that for about 1 year and then just a few weeks ago I tried the auto check button and it finally worked. Now everytime I visit I am already logged in. So, I suppose this doesn't really help you much, but maybe the next time you visit packerrats try just clicking on a member board and then after you do that try the auto login the NEXT time you visit the site.

You probably have to change your security or privacy settings to allow coockies and maybe to remember passwords or somesuch.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

also try to reset your cookies

if you clear your cache, cookies, and history, that will go away once you log in again.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator
    if you clear your cache, cookies, and history, that will go away once you log in again.
    As will your ability to access the homepage.

So I checked out the homepage and found this. Progress I suppose...

http://packerrats.com/content.php?22...-on-Motorcycle

For the record, I did not write that.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

That didn't work for me. I had the same problem years ago an Mad told me the same thing.

It soleved itself somehow. I eventually bookmarked the Packers forum instead of the overview page (Big Cheese). Maybe that's what did it, but it remains a mystery, caught in the twighlight zone.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarlam!
    That didn't work for me. I had the same problem years ago an Mad told me the same thing.

It soleved itself somehow. I eventually bookmarked the Packers forum instead of the overview page (Big Cheese). Maybe that's what did it, but it remains a mystery, caught in the twighlight zone.
    hey tarlam, check the date. that post was from a while back

How do you create a poll? Haven't done it on the new site.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    How do you create a poll? Haven't done it on the new site.
    I haven't done it either, but it looks simple enough.

When you create a new thread, there is a checkbox under additional options to create a poll with up to 10 choices, I'd guess that you could click "preview post" and define those options you selected.

Give it a try... Hope that helps.

I found that, but I don't see where you create the poll options after preview post.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Looks like you check the box for the poll and how many options you want and when you submit the thread it brings you to the poll screen, where you put in your options.

So pretty much it came down to you not having enough sack to hit submit and take your chances of making a fucked up thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Admin, I sent you a PM to your 'Joe' account. Did you get it? I can't tell if it was sent successfully.

Owner Rat Rookie
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon View Post
    Admin, I sent you a PM to your 'Joe' account. Did you get it? I can't tell if it was sent successfully.
    Yes, I got it, and responded.

Did Harlan forget his password?