Page 396 of 563 FirstFirst ... 296 346 386 394 395 396 397 398 406 446 496 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,920 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    What a bunch of crap....the Favre years were fantastic until the end. I don't care that he was a womanizer or a drunk...he brought fight and excitement back to the Packers. Was he a fuck at the end...? Absolutely...but I will never forget that great stretch of football in the 90s.
    I get what you're saying, but I'll throw an analogy at you; If my wife fucked my worst enemy, made it public and insinuated it was my behaviour that led her to do it, the last thing on my mind is reminiscing about how great her BJs were. How 'bout you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarlam! View Post
    You're a bigger man than I am. IMO, "sorry for shitting on you after you made my career and saved me from certain oblivion" just sounds so hollow.
    You're fine, Tar! I think it's important to leave the door open, forgiving should always be an option. I still don't forgive my dad (this is private) but the door is open to him but he gotta walk through it. Same goes for Brett. Lastly, always forgive yourself (no subject here) 'cos you gotta live with yourself - every day. This ain't religion I preach.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Y'know, I've been thinking we should be grateful that Bert was such a c______t when he left; all the fanfare just welded the rest of the team together to rally behing Rodgers. Imagine if Bert had left with grace and become an elder statesman for the Pack. The pressure would have been threefold and maybe too much for the kid.

The shit storm probably helped shape this team.

THANKS BERT!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    I have thought this for a long time and agree 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    you know, that's very true. this team really came together and rallied around rodgers after all the drama unfolded
    good call there!

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Tarlam, the Packers just got into the Super Bowl, and all you can do is run your pie hole about Favre, it is a bit pathetic. Favre earned his reputation as a great QB and one of the greatest Packers of all time. He deserves everything he has gotten both good and bad, but I have come to the realization that Favre's run is over. He finally ran out of gas. It is over.

The Packers made it back to the Super Bowl it is a exciting time to be a Packer fan. I realize I have a bit of egg on my face, I ain't running from it, but I am not at all dissappointed or angry about the Packers success this year.

Ted Thompson looks like an Albino Goat

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    The Packers made it back to the Super Bowl it is a exciting time to be a Packer fan. I realize I have a bit of egg on my face, I ain't running from it, but I am not at all dissappointed or angry about the Packers success this year.

There's no egg, man. I thought you were a stand up guy to say what you felt and walk off for a good long cool down. Even Terry Bradshaw brought up BF immediately after the game, so Packerrats aren't the only ones who can't leave it alone. I can. I just want to celebrate this sweet, sweet victory.
    Last edited by swede; 01-23-2011 at 06:50 PM.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

The destruction of the relationship between Brett Favre and the Packers did pave the way for Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers would have been scrutinized and picked apart for not being Brett Favre if Favre left in a favorable light. Hell, if Favre never went to the Vikings it would have been a tougher road for Rodgers. Rodgers handled himself with so much dignity and respect through the whole thing, it really showed his character. Talk about handling pressure.

It is damn near impossible to hear a negative word about Aaron Rodgers in the state of Wisconsin, he is fucking Luke Skywalker in this state

Talking

but were not talking about wives and blow jobs Tarlam...were talking football....that's all.

Was I pissed at some point during the FUBAR years...yes but it's done and the Packers are winning.
    C.H.U.D.

Nutz, you're just as bitter towards TT as I am towards Bert. When the Pack made the NFCCG instead of celebtating it, you focussed on your ode to Bert.

The destruction of the relationship between Brett Favre and the Packers did pave the way for Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers would have been scrutinized and picked apart for not being Brett Favre if Favre left in a favorable light. Hell, if Favre never went to the Vikings it would have been a tougher road for Rodgers. Rodgers handled himself with so much dignity and respect through the whole thing, it really showed his character. Talk about handling pressure.

It is damn near impossible to hear a negative word about Aaron Rodgers in the state of Wisconsin, he is fucking Luke Skywalker in this state
    I fucking knew it; Rodgers is a Jedi.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Exactly, Fave was the most exciting QB in the NFL league for 18 years and if you can't find a bit in joy of watching the Gunslinger than you take this shit way too seriously.

Nutz, you're just as bitter towards TT as I am towards Bert. When the Pack made the NFCCG instead of celebtating it, you focussed on your ode to Bert.
    Bullshit Tarlam. Simple you came to this thread way before I posted on it. Thompson is a hell of a cut throat GM. I don't like him but at least I can say I respect his talent as a GM. I didn't think he was organizing his franchise for a run at the Super Bowl in 2010, but he did a hell of a job, youngest team in the league, which I complained about at the beginning of the year, but he had the pieces all along.
    Last edited by Deputy Nutz; 01-23-2011 at 06:57 PM.

Exactly, Fave was the most exciting QB in the NFL league for 18 years and if you can't find a bit in joy of watching the Gunslinger than you take this shit way too seriously.
    I purchased a garment (which I haven't forgotten belongs to a 5 year old) with another man's name on it. I adored the guy. I wanted to cherish his memory and pilger to Lambeau, even Canton and pay homage to his bust That why my bitterness runs so deep.

On a personal level, his antics cost us a number of posters at PR.

I don't think I've ever posted in this thread before today. I'm trying to broker peace. Like Jimmy Carter with Sadat from Egypt & Begin from Isarel.

Alas, this may be a tougher negotiation. I will be here as a peace broker to find common ground if the parties will agree.

I hate that I have to see this stupid fucking thread on top of my favorite forum with the Packers on the way to the Super Bowl...

Must be missing where nutz is contributing elsewhere in the forum. Could do without (or an ignore / hide thread) feature.

Bullshit Tarlam. Simple you came to this thread way before I posted on it. Thompson is a hell of a cut throat GM. I don't like him but at least I can say I respect his talent as a GM. I didn't think he was organizing his franchise for a run at the Super Bowl in 2010, but he did a hell of a job, youngest team in the league, which I complained about at the beginning of the year, but he had the pieces all along.
    It's not bullshit; you started a thread called I don't care who wins, remember?

Takes a big man to admit mistakes and you have and, as always, you have my respect. And I never saw any egg on you either.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    I don't think I've ever posted in this thread before today. I'm trying to broker peace. Like Jimmy Carter with Sadat from Egypt & Begin from Isarel.

Alas, this may be a tougher negotiation. I will be here as a peace broker to find common ground if the parties will agree.
    ^^ Thank you voice of reason. Packers are going to the Super Bowl, gents. Can we focus on that tonight?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Kum ba yah, Thanksted, Kum ba yah!
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

It's not bullshit; you started a thread called I don't care who wins, remember?

Takes a big man to admit mistakes and you have and, as always, you have my respect. And I never saw any egg on you either.
    Shit, I didn't start that fucking thread, I posted in it positively about McCarthy

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    ^^ Thank you voice of reason. Packers are going to the Super Bowl, gents. Can we focus on that tonight?
    Well, actually, I made an ironic statement, a backhanded compliment if you will, that caused a few Bert fans to try and convert me. So, if I choose to focus on that, then I think it's my perogative, isn't it?

I get what you're saying, but I'll throw an analogy at you; If my wife fucked my worst enemy, made it public and insinuated it was my behaviour that led her to do it, the last thing on my mind is reminiscing about how great her BJs were. How 'bout you?
    A wife gives a bj? I thought that’s why we need masseuses.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.