Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: It's about time...

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    What are you doing later tonight?
    Homo

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Homo
    I think you misunderstood. I love Ben Gay.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    our defense has been consistent. It's a team game and this TEAM made it.
    Excellent post.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

As many people know, I am no where near a Thompson supporter. I think he picked up some good players but also passed on some that could have gotten us here sooner. In the end, the defense was the difference and to me that's a problem.

Despised the love of the media for Mathews, our defense has been consistent. Our offense, inconsistent as they come. I don't recall Favre ever posting a sub 70 passer rating winning a playoff game. I do recall many, and I mean many people blaming Favre for playoff loses for performances better than Rodgers today.

Too bad there are people still blaming Favre for the 2007 loss. Many of them now sporting big chubbbies that we are in the super bowl. It's time to movement from Favre but if I see any more idiots claimed Rodgers is god and Favre sucked, I will be all over them like white on rice.

It's a team game and this TEAM made it.

Let the bashing commence...
    FAIL
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I think you misunderstood. I love Ben Gay.
    This is the only worthwhile post on this entire thread (including this post)...just my 2 cents.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Gamblin' Rat
    As many people know, I am no where near a Thompson supporter. I think he picked up some good players but also passed on some that could have gotten us here sooner. In the end, the defense was the difference and to me that's a problem.

Despised the love of the media for Mathews, our defense has been consistent. Our offense, inconsistent as they come. I don't recall Favre ever posting a sub 70 passer rating winning a playoff game. I do recall many, and I mean many people blaming Favre for playoff loses for performances better than Rodgers today.

Too bad there are people still blaming Favre for the 2007 loss. Many of them now sporting big chubbbies that we are in the super bowl. It's time to movement from Favre but if I see any more idiots claimed Rodgers is god and Favre sucked, I will be all over them like white on rice.

Seriously the most pathetic post of all time.

Huh?

I'm lost.... obviously missing some blathering back story here....
    Football been very very good to me

Senior Rat HOFer
    Are you fucking serious Merlin? Yes, this was a team win today. But not all playoff losses are team losses. And Favre has had plenty to shoulder all on his own during his postseason career no matter which team he's played for.

Donald Driver said it best today. Fortunate to play with 2 great quarterbacks, but only one got him to the Super Bowl.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

I won't give Rodgers credit for beating the Bears, but you really have to give him credit for getting the team there in the first place. No chance we get past Atlanta unless we had a QB capable of playing out of his mind on any given night.
    </delurk>

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Rodgers has been the leader of this team offensively all year long. His play has been tight and without his ability the Packers wouldn't be where they are. I disagreed with Thompson's handling of Favre, but the fact is this team wouldn't be here with a 41 year old Favre at the helm.

I have moved on in a way, and threads like this one are created for the viewers to understand the depth of stupidity of the creator.

What the hell is the point of making a thread like this ? You redefine the word dumbass. Anyways...Packers going to the super bowl OHH YEAAA.

So let me get this straight, you can't credit Thompson, Rodgers, or Matthews because its a team game. About the only thing that I agree with in your post is your sig.

Just stop posting and the thread will drop. No further helpful information is likely to be obtained.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

My original post got garbled due to using a mobile device and that stupid small screen so my apologies that it wasn't clear.

The message is simply this: despite the media's love for a single player, despite injuries, despite a poor performance by the teams leader, this team is in the super bowl. Favre didn't win a playoff game with a sub 70 QB rating and everything that went wrong with the Packers from 1997 to 2007 was all his fault - read your posts and tell me you think otherwise.

That being said, this is a TEAM game and the POINT is that no one player loses or wins every game by themselves, therefore your bashing of Favre for his play with Green Bay is in stark contrast to your rhetoric about the Packers since he left. I have said this since the day I joined Packer Rats, be consistent in your judgments and have the courage of your convictions. Don't sit there and apply a different standard to a player you "like" vs one you do not. When you do that you lose all creditability and you might as well just pack it in.

Despite a poor performance by Rodgers, despite McCarthy's predictable "we are up by a point let's pretend we have a 2,000 yard rusher and sit on the lead" play calling, despite injuries, this TEAM played as a TEAM and that is what it takes to win games.

In the end, the experiment proved the point it was intended too. There are a handful of people in this forum that have wrecked it for everyone else by their hypocritical and personal attack type comments. THAT is why a moderator is needed, not because someone doesn't buy into your point of view. Just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't give you the right to personally attack them, and it certainly doesn't mean you are right. You are entitled to your own opinion but not to your own facts and the idea of personally attacking someone is just childish and a big reason many of us left - you just aren't worth it.

So before you all go off half cocked like a bunch of 4 year olds again, go back and read your posts over the years and see how inconsistent you are when judging players, coaches, and the people who post here.

I would have thought some of you would have grown up by now, apparently not.

Continue your unbiased, non-hypocritical, non-personal critique of my posts - unlike you, I can take it.
    "Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic.”
    – Benjamin Franklin

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    So before you all go off half cocked like a bunch of 4 year olds again...

There are a handful of people in this forum that have wrecked it for everyone else by their hypocritical and personal attack type comments.

Just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't give you the right to personally attack them

To thine own self be true!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

What possible reason would any Packer fan have to be such a downer today?
    </delurk>

EZ Cheezy...does Merlin's 2nd post give you an idea of what the backstory might be?

Now that we are in the Super Bowl Merlin is pointing out that a better GM than that moron TT would have gotten us here faster.

You can't fix stupid.

Now Skin needs to post something that will get this thread sent to the GC once and for all.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

It must be awful to be so bitter and so loyal to Favre that you can't even enjoy going to the Super Bowl.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64 View Post
    What possible reason would any Packer fan have to be such a downer today?

He's harboring a lingering case of very severe butthurt.

The message is simply this: despite the media's love for a single player, despite injuries, despite a poor performance by the teams leader, this team is in the super bowl. Favre didn't win a playoff game with a sub 70 QB rating and everything that went wrong with the Packers from 1997 to 2007 was all his fault - read your posts and tell me you think otherwise.
    I think otherwise.

Despite a poor performance by Rodgers, despite McCarthy's predictable "we are up by a point let's pretend we have a 2,000 yard rusher and sit on the lead" play calling, despite injuries, this TEAM played as a TEAM and that is what it takes to win games.
    I know Rodgers was very critical of himself, I am less so. Other than the interception to Urlacher, I thought Rodgers played quite well. The interception to Briggs was not a good throw, it was low, but it was not a bad decision. Physical failings are inevitable for a QB, or any athlete in every game. He threw poorly, but didn't really deserve an interception on that one. His QB rating was low simply because he didn't throw TDs. When they got close, they ran the ball for TDs. But they moved the ball because he made good decisions and threw well. Some of those 15-25 yard throws he made to Jennings and Nelson were really quite good.

I have never been critical of Favre, or any athlete really, who makes a good decision, but fails to perform the physical task. It happens. Athletes are not perfect. Top notch athletes fail to perform less often. Those who fail a lot have to look for other professions.

Favre had too many "What the heck?" plays in playoffs. The interception against Philly in overtime and the interception when with the Vikings come to mind immediately. Rodgers didn't have those yesterday. Even the interception to Urlacher was only mildly so. He had a receiver, but didn't see or didn't get the ball over Urlacher. In a brief interview with a Madison station, Rodgers said. "Good play call, good execution, bad throw."
    Last edited by Patler; 01-24-2011 at 08:21 AM.