Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Injuries in game NFCCC?

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Before the Peppers hit, Rodgers was 15/23 had two interceptions and threw one away. Of the other 5 that were incomplete, three came in the Packers second possession of the game. Most of his incompletions were on deep throws. I didn't see him struggle at all.

After the Peppers hit he was 2/7, missing 3 short throws to Quarless, a short one to Crabtree and a midrange throw to Driver.
    I was skewed by the poor play before hand too, but from what I remembered he was still throwing pretty much on target until he got nailed by Peppers. After that hit, Rodgers was throwing like, well, Cutler. He got nailed when the bears really ramped up their attack on defense and ended up getting a ton of penalties in a row. I don't know if the hit was an intentional "hit" or if it was just the bears D saying "we have to win this now" and it was just a result of that intensity.

Did anyone else notice how many of Rodgers' "misses" were throws to Quarless? On at least one, Rodgers seemed a bit frustrated with what Quarless had done. Coincidence, or a rookie still learning?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Did anyone else notice how many of Rodgers' "misses" were throws to Quarless? On at least one, Rodgers seemed a bit frustrated with what Quarless had done. Coincidence, or a rookie still learning?
    Well, the third down and 4 pass, was a clear drop by Quarless, and two others were partly on him as well. One was that sinker as Rodgers was rolling left. A little low, but catchable. The other I think Quarless cut outside late, but not sure. Of course, Fox had no idea what was going on and had no replays of the route running in the secondary, so who the hell knows other than the coaches?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

At least Quarless isn't calling out Rodgers to the media complaining about where the ball is being thrown and being underutilized...
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    At least Quarless isn't calling out Rodgers to the media complaining about where the ball is being thrown and being underutilized...
    Maybe he should. It seemed to work for TGIFinley.

Blog Entries
    I think it's a rookie thing. Quarless just needs to run those routes live more and have a better feel for where the defense is going to be. He's still thinking too much about hot reads, where the defenders are, etc. IMO.

That said, I like Quarless as a good complement to Finley eventually, but he has nowhere near the athletic ability Finley has, even though he's actually a tad faster and has pretty much the same physique. Finley's a freak that catches everything and can't be guarded. Quarless could be good some day.

In Finleys first year he didn't look all that great either (his hands or routes). I don't mean to defend Quarless, I'm just saying....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    In Finleys first year he didn't look all that great either (his hands or routes). I don't mean to defend Quarless, I'm just saying....
    Ahmad Carroll ran a 4.29 but had no instincts or ball skills. Sam Shields runs a 4.29 and has good, maybe great, instincts and ball skills. I'm not saying Quarless is Carroll by any stretch, but Finley is an absolute freak of an athlete who needed time to mature and figure stuff out. So has Quarless but I don't see him ever being the game-changer that Finley is when healthy. JMO I've been wrong before and will be again.

Rodgers threw one quick slant way too hard. Other than that, Q seemed to be out of position on one and drop another that was a little low. He had a tough day but he's been playing better lately.
    Last edited by denverYooper; 01-25-2011 at 12:07 PM.

First, let me make this clear: In my opinion, Finley is far and away a better player than Quarless ever will be. But this post is more to show that Quarless isn't a slouch either.

In Quarless' rookie year (relative to Finley's), he's played in one fewer game and started two more (plus three in the playoffs now). He has 15 more receptions for 164 more yards. They both had the same number of TDs (1), but Quarless fumbled one ball to Finley's none.

The real difference (although subtle) is in their averages and longs. Finley averaged a full yard longer on receptions and had a long reception that was 12 yards longer than Quarless'. Which showed that in his six receptions his rookie year that he had the talent to stretch the field.

Quarless has had almost four times the receptions Finley did, but hasn't caught a longer ball. I think he'll be the possession TE who can get deep enough, but Finley will be the WR TE who can break a game wide open.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Blog Entries
    First, let me make this clear: In my opinion, Finley is far and away a better player than Quarless ever will be. But this post is more to show that Quarless isn't a slouch either.

In Quarless' rookie year (relative to Finley's), he's played in one fewer game and started two more (plus three in the playoffs now). He has 15 more receptions for 164 more yards. They both had the same number of TDs (1), but Quarless fumbled one ball to Finley's none.

The real difference (although subtle) is in their averages and longs. Finley averaged a full yard longer on receptions and had a long reception that was 12 yards longer than Quarless'. Which showed that in his six receptions his rookie year that he had the talent to stretch the field.

Quarless has had almost four times the receptions Finley did, but hasn't caught a longer ball. I think he'll be the possession TE who can get deep enough, but Finley will be the WR TE who can break a game wide open.
    Great post Smidge. And Quarless does have some wheels. They could be a nightmare match-up as a 2-TE set.

I think the Packers came out of it pretty decent health-wise, but the Steelers Pro-Bowl center is gimpy, that should have Raji licking his chops:Steelers C Pouncey expects to be ready

Posted by Andy Benoit

This probably needed to be included in the 10 Super Bowl Stories You’ll Get Sick of Hearing : will Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey play in the Super Bowl?

The first-round rookie and Pro Bowler suffered a high ankle sprain in the first half against the Jets. (That’s actually good news – the injury looked much more serious than that.) Asked if he’ll play, Pouncey, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette , said, "Most definitely.

I had this same injury before on my other ankle and I know how to attack it. I know how to approach things. I know in my heart I'm playing in that game."

Asked about the pain he felt, Pouncey described it as “the worst ever”.
    Thanks Ted!

Quote Originally Posted by packrulz View Post
    This probably needed to be included in the 10 Super Bowl Stories You’ll Get Sick of Hearing : will Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey play in the Super Bowl?
    Maybe they can sign Barret Robbins to take his place.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Rodgers threw one quick slant way too hard. Other than that, Q seemed to be out of position on one and drop another that was a little low. He had a tough day but he's been playing better lately.
    One of the passes was definitely a laser that would've went through anyone's hands. It was a high pass, so Quarless couldn't cushion it in, he had to reach for it and it passed right through his hands. I remember seeing it and thinking Rodgers put way too much on the ball, but maybe there was another receiver behind him that it was intended for?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Great post Smidge. And Quarless does have some wheels. They could be a nightmare match-up as a 2-TE set.
    Yes, Quarless has wheels. I think he's fast enough to get as deep as necessary, but not fast enough to beat DBs.

Blog Entries
    Yes, Quarless has wheels. I think he's fast enough to get as deep as necessary, but not fast enough to beat DBs.
    Hopefully he'll work hard in the offseason and, like Finley, be too big for them to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Hopefully he'll work hard in the offseason and, like Finley, be too big for them to handle.
    Agreed. Because if I'm reading between the lines correctly, Finley's getting more and more upset with the Packers and will take off as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    You could tell that TD run hurt him because he went with the mini belt celebration instead of going all out. Im not going to bitch too much about the playcall since we scored the TD BUT we should have just like Kuhn take it right up the middle.

As for the Peppers hit I don't know how he even got up from that. Both QBs took a beating that game.
    You mean all four QBs took a beating that game .

Agreed. Because if I'm reading between the lines correctly, Finley's getting more and more upset with the Packers and will take off as soon as possible.
    What exactly is he getting upset about?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    What exactly is he getting upset about?
    Is he texting badness from his Igloo again?