Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: McCarthy and "Close Games"

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    And, after seven straight years of losing to the Packers in the Chunky Soup Bowl, the Steelers are glad to get a shot at the Packers in a setting where the Packer fans can't bitch slap them.

Ben Roethlisberger is so thick you can stab him with a fork!

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaloha View Post
    Rant as you want. At the end of the day, MM's record in close and meaningful games is horrible -- zero disputing. MM is good at developing (i.e. Brooks and Rodgers) or enhancing careers (i.e. Gannon, Delhomme and Favre) qbs. MM has proven HE CAN NOT WIN CHAMPIONSHIP(S) IN TITLETOWN, USA.

Keep up the truthiness and see where it leads you.
    Too good not to bump!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    CANNOT and HAS not are two entirely different concepts. You're setting yourself up to look like a complete idiot if he does...I need to start bookmarking some of these threads...
    Bump
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Please do. Mele Kalekimaka!
    Bump

-Tim Harmston

Since the final margin of the superbowl was 6 points, rather than 4 or less, the Packers still can't win close games.
    </delurk>

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64 View Post
    Since the final margin of the superbowl was 6 points, rather than 4 or less, the Packers still can't win close games.
    They'll look at the film and get it fixed.

Thumbs up

Rant as you want. At the end of the day, MM's record in close and meaningful games is horrible -- zero disputing. MM is good at developing (i.e. Brooks and Rodgers) or enhancing careers (i.e. Gannon, Delhomme and Favre) qbs. MM has proven HE CAN NOT WIN CHAMPIONSHIP(S) IN TITLETOWN, USA.

Keep up the truthiness and see where it leads you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Too good not to bump!

pwned like Polamalu

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    They'll look at the film and get it fixed.
    Good pad level with keep those games close.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Witness Protection Rat HOFer
    Too good not to bump!

Good Bump. MM has proven he can win a championship. Expect multiple.

Winning close games is currently moot since winning a super bowl cancels out all possible weaknesses for the moment.

At the end of the day imo winning games by less than 3 is still a question.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Good Bump. MM has proven he can win a championship. Expect multiple.

Winning close games is currently moot since winning a super bowl cancels out all possible weaknesses for the moment.

At the end of the day imo winning games by less than 3 is still a question.
    Are you truely serious in the last line? Like I posted some where else you are probably going to be disappointed again next year. I think their will be a lot of 35-13 games. Watches us go 13-3 and lose the 3 games by a total of 9 points and the MM "shit" will continue.

-Tim Harmston

Witness Protection Rat HOFer
    Are you truely serious in the last line? Like I posted some where else you are probably going to be disappointed again next year. I think their will be a lot of 35-13 games. Watches us go 13-3 and lose the 3 games by a total of 9 points and the MM "shit" will continue.

Hope you are right. Its all about winning super bowls.

I was kinda hoping we would go for it and miss at the end so the D could hold a 3 point lead in the superbowl. Just saying.

Quick question though. We won in chicago, Philly and the big game with the other team driving for a winning score....wouldn't those be considered "close and meaningful" games?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Here's the type of close game that I have yet to see MM and Rodgers win (sans Bears game 2009). Back and forth teams scoring and the Packers have the ball with 2 minutes less and are down by 3-4. Have they driven down the field and scored the game winning TD much at all? I don't recall any other than that one Bears game.

What I have seen is the defense has held on much more and much better all throughout games this year. Most people call the first Lions game this year a close win (we won by 2), but man if it isn't for the defense holding the Lions to field goals AND also scoring the only TD in the second half we lose that game.

Sure wish Crosby would have missed that Field Goal so we could have won the Super Bowl by 4 or less.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I'm confused. Is it the offense keeping other teams in the games or the defense? Are all other NFL teams so shitty that they should be blown out by the Packers every single game? Makes no sense. It's the NFL not Wisconsin against local community college.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    Here's the type of close game that I have yet to see MM and Rodgers win (sans Bears game 2009). Back and forth teams scoring and the Packers have the ball with 2 minutes less and are down by 3-4. Have they driven down the field and scored the game winning TD much at all? I don't recall any other than that one Bears game.

What I have seen is the defense has held on much more and much better all throughout games this year. Most people call the first Lions game this year a close win (we won by 2), but man if it isn't for the defense holding the Lions to field goals AND also scoring the only TD in the second half we lose that game.
    Go look at any 2008 game that we lost.

A-Rod tied or gaves us the lead in the 4th quarter I think in 9 of the losses only to have the D or ST give up TD before the end of the game. There should be some good threads to bump regarding the inability of ARod first to be a winning QB and second to lead a comeback win.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post

The Packers just score too quickly making the defense work for their checks too.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Go look at any 2008 game that we lost.

A-Rod tied or gaves us the lead in the 4th quarter I think in 9 of the losses only to have the D or ST give up TD before the end of the game. There should be some good threads to bump regarding the inability of ARod first to be a winning QB and second to lead a comeback win.
    I know. I'm talking about 2 minutes to go, we score the last time and their team has no shot at winning it. This year the defense stepped up and won those games for us, but we have rarely won a game with Rodgers where we had the ball last and scored without giving the other team a shot to win it.

Blog Entries
    Unbelievable.

This thread should be taken out back and shot.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack