Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The ugly truth

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    If this is true, this is the lame-ass stuff I'm talking about. No one should get in trouble with "Joe" or "Retail" for bantering with a Favre/Viking fan. It's an internet forum for crissakes.
    here's where I wish the search feature worked. I don't know what "double secret probation is". As I recall the comments were personally insulting to 1234. He complained, I clicked a link which sent a generic message to Dan telling him to knock it off. That's it. It was a non event that resulted in about a dozen pm's going round the world talking about everything but making the point in the manner he did.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    If this is true, this is the lame-ass stuff I'm talking about. No one should get in trouble with "Joe" or "Retail" for bantering with a Favre/Viking fan. It's an internet forum for crissakes.
    Originally Posted by Joe
    Dear ThunderDan,

You have received a warning at PackerRats.com.

Reason:
    -------
    Insulted Other Member(s)

Dan,

There was no need for this.

"I know you are sad that the Vikings are out of the playoff picture."

TD again: Yup, it's true.
    Last edited by ThunderDan; 06-10-2011 at 11:16 AM.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by retailguy View Post
    Well, it didn't bother me. Dan thinks I "can't stand him". I don't know the guy. Don't really care if I ever get to know him. But the PM's were ludicrous.

When he asked Joe for retail to back off. I did. Wide berth. Did I respond to his posts? Sure. On questions of substance, I'd ask. I disagree with the insulting stuff.

But here's the rub. And it isn't going to ever change. When he first joined, no one knew anything about him. One day he was pontificating in FYI, I believe, about Obama and the economy. I found it ridiculous then, and still do today. I recommended a macro/micro economics class at the local community college. And all hell broke loose.

That was followed over the next few months with tax advice, telling one poster that social security taxes were filed on the front page of the 1040, and something else, I don't remember. I jumped in to correct those, and admittedly probably did dig a bit at Dan. His response was to go into this long winded/detailed explanation of how he helped one of his clients wind up with a lower overall effective rate than a minimum wage earner on a w2. That's like comparing a hummer to a volt. Any accountant who has spent 10 minutes in a tax class understands that the most undesirable way to earn a living from a tax standpoint is to work on a w2.

After about 3 months of this BS, I apologized to Dan regarding the econ class recommendations. But he won't accept it, so nothing changes, or ever will change. Like I said, it's better swept under the rug.

You referred to us as Oil/water. That was true, for a period. This one will still be in effect (from his vantage) when the next ice age sweeps in and kills us all.
    I'm pretty certain Dan is one of those on-line Turbo Tax consultants who told me I could establish an LLC with a dog as the owner and that I could write off all my milkbone purchases as business expenses. The IRS agent that garnisheed my wages disagreed.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

but this brings up a good point. dealing with people complaining about you (me). I dealt with just a couple. You and Dan. Neither could possibly go well in the aftermath of this. It looks staged and insincere and couldn't look any differently. Think what you will, I can't change your mind.

But, when search is fixed, go back over the last two years and try to find digs at Dan. They don't exist. I did ask questions, and I did question logic. But never again, after I apologized did I take a personal dig. I don't like his politics and think he's dead wrong. I questioned his logic plenty, and would continue that today. I think that's different. Maybe some of you will disagree. No idea.

I'm pretty certain Dan is one of those on-line Turbo Tax consultants who told me I could establish an LLC with a dog as the owner and that I could write off all my milkbone purchases as business expenses. The IRS agent that garnisheed my wages disagreed.
    Actually, I think he's good at what he does. He works for a guy I went to college with, I think. But no accountant is an "expert" at all kinds of taxes. Hell, I've been doing them for over 20 years. I still contract out most c corps and all trust returns. Can I do them? Sure. Can others do them better? Yup.

I've done 10k individual returns, and probably half that in scorps, llc's and sole props. When I see something not right, I'll say something.

Based on what I know about his firm, he's probably much better with c corps than I am, and I could probably do a base 1040 in half the time. It's just a different focus.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Originally Posted by Joe
    Dear ThunderDan,

Reason:
    -------
    Insulted Other Member(s)

Dan,

I don't see this as insulting. I've taken crap far worse than this from Bears fans for 6 years of Favre late season debacles. I either ignore them or remind them about Rex Grossman. People need to have thicker skins for crissakes.

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy View Post
    I think it works on Chrome and maybe some versions of IE. It doesn't work on Firefox, except when you create a new post.
    Listen to the man, it works fine in FF. Hit Reply, bang Advanced, hammer More and all of them are available.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Listen to the man, it works fine in FF. Hit Reply, bang Advanced, hammer More and all of them are available.
    I don't have a "more" button. where is it?

Originally Posted by Joe
    Dear ThunderDan,

Reason:
    -------
    Insulted Other Member(s)

Dan,

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

I NEVER RECEIVED EVEN ONE OF THESE GOD DAMNED WARNINGS. WHAT DOES A GUY HAVE TO DO AROUND HERE?

RG and I have never been able to stand each other. So what, I can ignore him. Or at least I learned to. Kind of like after Partial and I banged heads in the "Swish" thread.

Then Joe PMs me and says he talked to RG and RG agreed to stay clear but still response to a large majority of my posts. RG personally attacks me and I point this out to Joe and nothing.

I get an e-mail from admin saying I'm on double secret probation for 2 weeks for telling packerbacker1234 that he's sad that the Vikings lost and that they wouldn't make the playoffs so he wouldn't be able to watch more Favre games. Then Joe goes off on me because I PMed back and said RG is probably behind all of this (the green indicator next to his name lit up) and packerbacker1234 really will be sad that he won't see more BF games. (Not a personal attack but the truth) It was then that I was pretty sure that there was a RG/Joe connection and I never PMed him again or responded directly to RG no matter how many times he entered a thread.

Now I learn that all 3 are pretty much the same person. Nothing terrible happened to me. The above just completely taints my view of this site. That's all.

Like I said, I'll post once in a while and will post in the gameday threads.
    I don't know how you feel at all. Retail and I have always been great friends of like mind.

Yeah, madtown and retail have made some terrible decisions. At least they're owning up to it now. And this forum is made of sperm, blood, and mistakes with a hint of regret.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post

Yeah, madtown and retail have made some terrible decisions.

Harlan never would have made any mistakes. Just sayin.

I don't know how you feel at all. Retail and I have always been great friends of like mind.
    If anyone was entitled to hold a grudge it was you and me. I've given it up. Thank you for doing the same. No more from me, ever.

Yeah, madtown and retail have made some terrible decisions. At least they're owning up to it now. And this forum is made of sperm, blood, and mistakes with a hint of regret.
    This just screams for an NSFW photo of some spanking session, but I will resist.

I personally learned a lot from this entire exercise - like how to still torture the shit out of Woody without saying anything overtly offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

I NEVER RECEIVED EVEN ONE OF THESE GOD DAMNED WARNINGS. WHAT DOES A GUY HAVE TO DO AROUND HERE?
    That was my creed. NEVER give 'em what they want!

Well somebody listened to all the complainers, or there wouldn't have been all the bannings.

I guess we now know that banning isn't the answer.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Don't dish the dirt on me like that. I'll have to drop my billable rate to $125/hour now. I think you would have been OK if you hadn't peed on his leg and bitten him.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    Well somebody listened to all the complainers, or there wouldn't have been all the bannings.

I guess we now know that banning isn't the answer.

That would be me. Yes, I listened. Sometimes I took action and sometimes I didn't. I'm sure those I didn't take action for will be around to remind me shortly.

I'll take my penance.

Blog Entries
    Schnike!

When things get boring as hell, PR becomes the most interesting Packer forum in the world!

Mad got burned out on running the forum and figured out a ruse to get away from it for a bit. RG agreed to play along and took the charge while acting as “Joe” (Blow?) phantom owner/administrator.

Who can blame either one of ‘em? Hell, I burned out from just posting and took a whole season off. I wasn’t ragged at anybody or had any huge feuds with posters. I just had a bellyful of the Favre/draft posts. That shit didn’t interest me, so I took a break. Everybody needs to focus on the real world and take time off every once in awhile.

I’ve always felt running one of these small forums is one of the most taxing tasks in the world. For the time, money, and resources expended managing a football or other special interest forum, the admin could run little business site that would actually make that person some jing. Not much, but a helluva lot more than running a Packer forum gets ya.

I’ve long pondered how to help the people that run Rats. I don’t wanna be a moderator, an admin (I’d fuck that up) or a cheerleader or any of that shit. I also agree with Mad that it’s bullshit to sell ads, or sell coffee mugs, or give away mouse pads. (PackerAddict already made abject fools of themselves trying to pull that one off). I long ago came to the conclusion that I didn’t really know how to help, but would as long as it didn’t require any time, effort or money on my part.

We need a Packer forum with all the personalities, viewpoints, and opinions of the cast of characters that we have on here. Sometimes posters become such insane douchebages that it is maddening. Partial and Ty were such pains in the balls that it was ridiculous. What can you do with wackjobs like that? If you are the admin, you can’t hit the ignore button.

Maybe I’ll put in for one of the multiple Identity jobs. I’d like to get in a fight with Ty as one personality, then ban his ass as “Miguel”, Mad’s asshole cousin from Guadalajara, who has recently purchased the site.

Yeah, that’s the ticket.

Let’s keep this joint running. I make no promises of anything, but I vote let’s keep it runnin’.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    or give away mouse pads. (PackerAddict already made abject fools of themselves trying to pull that one off).
    I missed a free mousepad?! Fuck! I was hoping now that I live near you, you could be my southern nutz. Now... I don't know... I'm just... very very disappointed.

Anyway, anyone else here watch this show Real Housewifes in New York? There's this woman on there that I think is named Kelly. And she is fucking looney. Stupid crazy. Mostly stupid, but also crazy. Maybe too stupid to realize she's crazy or the other way around, but there is something wrong with her. But in a very specific way that reminded me a lot of a couple of posters, but mostly Partial, but with boobs... then again, maybe it was the hair. I digress. Now I kind of forgot what I was talking about. Something about people expecting to be able to say whatever kind of crazy shit they want and if anyone disagreed, that was basis for personal attacks, outrage, sobbing, and general protected vaginal activity. Harlan was guilty of that too, but mostly as a proxy for other "victims." "Protecting" these people ended up causing a lot more harm than anything else, because everyone else is expected to play along with their craziness. Don't do that. Whoever is going to make these decisions.

Jesus doesn't like this double post outbreak.