Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The ugly truth

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    You are talkikng alot of shit but forget this has always been the case. I have never been cool with promoting other forums here. Not going to start now.

You should realize there's a difference between promoting and comparing. But paranoia can cloud your vision. Even with 'promoting' so to speak, there can be cross-fertilization. Banning those who 'promote' other sites only makes you look petty, particularly when they are friendly about it. That's probably why when you google "Packerrats" "Crybabies" shows up in the fourth hit. Even if it's from Tank/APB, your belligerent attitude sends a negative message. As a rank and file poster, it would be funny and unique. As the organizer of the forum, it's distasteful, inappropriate, and off-putting.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

? HOFer
    Greetings and salutations.

Same stuff going on here a few years later. Some things don't change. Lots of bitching and moaning. Blah blah blah. Partial must be the moron after all.

The site doesn't have a (huge) problem. It's the lockout.

Quick updates on me:

I'm engaged to my long term girlfriend. My job is going really well. My social life is lacking. I have lost 55 lbs so that's something I'm really pumped up about. Still fat, though, I can't believe I ever let myself get like that. I'm playing club tennis and that's a lot of fun. I'm not as good as I wish I was. It's humbling.

I probably won't be back here much. I love this site and am very proud of what it's grown up to be. Proud to be one of the first people, and proud to be a moderator when it was first getting off the ground. I spent an unhealthy amount of time here, so being banned and forced out was ultimately a good thing. After a week or two after my second account was shut down, I stopped visiting all together and haven't been back in a very long time. I still keep in touch with Bretsky occasionally.

Thanks to Freakout for notifying me about this via Twitter.

You guys ever want to catch a game or a beer, I'm down.

Anyway, take it easy, and best of luck with this place. I wouldn't go around making wholesale changes. Training camp cures all.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial View Post
    Greetings and salutations.
    Dayum, the boy still has 2+ x the posts I do!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I never have had problems with you, and I ain't gonna start.
    I'm not in to that....we've always been good and no reason for that to change. I've always thought u were one of the best here. I just think some things are worth getting worked up about and some are not. If this avenue provides any sort of enjoyment at all then why not go with the flow and see where it goes. There's really no potential loss if you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial View Post
    I spent an unhealthy amount of time here, so being banned and forced out was ultimately a good thing. After a week or two after my second account was shut down, I stopped visiting all together and haven't been back in a very long time.
    I can relate to the unhealthy part. Do you still post/blog somewhere? What do you do for Packer info? I have to admit that the info provided by some of the members here was always a huge attraction. PBmax, Fritz, Patler, Harv, and others were often ahead of any other site - until just recently...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Come back Tyrone! I need someone to argue with about the Brewers!
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Partial,

Congrats on the engagement. You still in Milwaukee (I believe)??
    Go PACK

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    I think you'd make a fine poster. But you're a lousy owner. There's no shame in that. Like most people, you just don't have the skill or temperament to be effective in that role. Again, you'd make a fine and entertaining poster.

I suppose you'll take offense to this, and I suppose I would too. But it's my actual perception - no spin. The ugly truth.
    I whole heartedly agree, and instead of slinging mud at Mad and bitching at him, I would rather that this be my take on the whole matter. I can't say that I would enjoy Mad at the poster, but I would like him a whole hell of a lot more than as owner and primal dictator.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I really dont care what you are sick of but you are a member, a true member of this site and you can say whatever. You have no right to talk/judge/criticize about anything I have done after you violated Partial's privacy so fuck you. See, that is me saying whatever I want.

I defended you for both reasons. Of course I dont want anyone just ganking the homepage and not giving props but that also includes you. How would it not? You took your time to do it and you do it good. I have always wanted you to take on that kind of roll because you know your shit and you have a flair that not many do. Too bad you expect me to give up something that I have put significant time and money into over 5 years. You may belittle that and say I cant foot the bill but isnt the place running? Arent you able to post? The same efforts you downplay allow you to talk shit. I have never asked for any money from anyone. The only money I have ever made on the site I spent on the tailgate tickets for the first PR Posters game. I could have swore you drank a brew and ate something there but maybe it was just another dirty Whiteboy.
    Listen I found a really funny picture of a guy in his spongebob shorts on a weight lifting forum, I wanted it as my avatar but it all didn't fit so I had to crop out some of it. I believe I also worked very hard at the Tailgate promoting Packerrats by advertising the website in the insides of portapotties. Those bumberstickers are a bitch to geeet off.

Well, for the record, I twice accused Joe of being Mad. RG must have answered, because there was outright denial. It never occured to me that Joe had 2 parts. Clever.

As for growth of the forum, well, it hasn't really been a priority. I miss almost all of our lost souls, though, there's only one poster's reemergance that would cause me to change forums.

If you want anything to grow, you need seed, soil and nutrients. Take a handful of posters that have/do run businesses, put 'em on a Skype call for an hour and you'd have a pretty good business plan.

I will remind you that non-profit doesn't mean the same as no income.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Come back Tyrone! I need someone to argue with about the Brewers!
    Anybody been to The French Laundry lately? He was trying to get a job there about the time he got his ass booted. I think he was going to be a bus boy or valet or something.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

111 people on Packerrats........?!?!??! In June?

After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Can't we all just get a schlong? Er, along?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    111 people on Packerrats........?!?!??! In June?

I think Mad changed the log in timer - unless you specifically log out, you are automatically kept logged in until August, 2038.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I think Mad changed the log in timer - unless you specifically log out, you are automatically kept logged in until August, 2038.
    I thought the world was going to end in 2012?

At least, that's how I've been playing it with the credit card people.

Have all the problems been solved?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Have all the problems been solved?
    Looks like the timeout is fixed. The search should be working but no one has confirmed.

There doesnt appear to be a fix for you being a lilttle bitch.

Looks like the timeout is fixed. The search should be working but no one has confirmed.

seems to be working alright

You take criticism well

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You take criticism well
    You take confrontation well.

Guess the scales are balanced in the end.