Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
From what I recall, a lot of people contributed good information in that thread and Partial mainly looked silly because he didn't listen to good advice. In fact, from what I recall, Partial wasn't even posting in the thread anymore until he had one of his drunken mental breaks and ruined the thread for everyone else who was still participating in it.

If the bar for deleting (not moving, which I would have been fine with, as we were told deleting a thread would never happen) threads is Partial making an ass out of himself, then you might as well go ahead and fucking delete half the fucking forum. As far as your suggestion, retail, why should everyone who contributed to that thread have to reconstruct what they built just because someone idiot-bombed the thread or because you decided to apply your own code of justice to the content instead of the stated forum guidelines (which seemed to be the main motivation behind hiding behind a fake owner)? We know you guys have tried hard to protect Partial from himself for a few years, mostly out of feelings of friendship. Fine. Every forum needs a Vern. But erasing the contributions of others to that end was counterproductive and insulting to everyone else who posted.

Continuing to hide behind the decisions "Joe" made which run against the stated and historical goals and mission of this forum is cowardly, and more than a little dishonest.
I am not hiding behind anything. I moved it, and I'm telling you that I'd move it today just the same.

I don't have any idea "what the goals of this forum are", and today, I don't pretend to know. I know what I consider decent and not decent. That thread was not decent based on the actions of a few. Such is life.

Quite honestly there are plenty of threads that ought to get moved. They don't. Life isn't fair. Sometimes it gets done right, and sometimes it doesn't. I believe I got this one right. You disagree. You have that right. I've heard you and I understand where you're coming from. No longer my call as to what to do with it. All I'm saying is that if it was my call, I'd leave it where it was, or I'd move it back there again if it was still active.

My reasons for moving it really didn't have anything to do with partial. I'd like to believe I'd have moved it if it were anyone else. Instead of criticism for his choices, it degenerated into personal criticism. I didn't think that there was a place for that here. Maybe there is and I'm mistaken? That's for you to judge I guess.