Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Packer rats book club

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007 View Post
    Who is the famous baseball player with the pic with the bat resting on his shoulder and other arm extended pointing out?
    I don't know of such a famous picture, but it's probably a reference to Babe Ruth's called shot.

Quote Originally Posted by wootah View Post
    I don't know of such a famous picture, but it's probably a reference to Babe Ruth's called shot.
    It was Babe. And the pic turned out great!!! Pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    007, Have you read The Help? It's a good read and about to be released as a movie.
    I went to a movie last weekend and saw previews for The Help. It looks good. I had my daughter get it on her kindle and I'm going to try to read it this weekend.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I am into the Lee Child series based on the fictional character of Jack Reacher, pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I am into the Lee Child series based on the fictional character of Jack Reacher, pretty good.
    I've read them all, they are excellent.

PM me if you're missing some and want them for your ereader.

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy View Post

That brings about a question. Anyone want to brag on their ereaders? I still like the feel of a book in my hand, but it would likely be nice for travel. My phone would suck for reading on the beach.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

I've just read - Cleopatra: a life, Empire of the Summer Moon, The Company we Keep, Wild Bill Donovan, A bunch of Ian Fleming Bond books....
    C.H.U.D.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retailguy View Post

You know what is a complete kick in the balls? They are making ONE SHOT into a movie and guess who is going to play Jack Reacher? Reacher is supposed to be 6'5" 250 pounds so think someone half that size and you will come across the one and only Tom Cruise. Fuck Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    You know what is a complete kick in the balls? They are making ONE SHOT into a movie and guess who is going to play Jack Reacher? Reacher is supposed to be 6'5" 250 pounds so think someone half that size and you will come across the one and only Tom Cruise. Fuck Hollywood.
    No shit? That's the dumbest idea I ever heard. What a waste of a great story.

That brings about a question. Anyone want to brag on their ereaders? I still like the feel of a book in my hand, but it would likely be nice for travel. My phone would suck for reading on the beach.
    i have the original nook and i love the thing. i'm not sure how the new color touch ones are on your eyes, but you can read all day with the original without having any problems

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i have the original nook and i love the thing. i'm not sure how the new color touch ones are on your eyes, but you can read all day with the original without having any problems
    I have a 4th gen kindle and an ipad....the kindle is so easy on the eyes...the ipad is fine and the backlighting of course helps in certain situations...but as a pure reader the kindle steal beats it.
    C.H.U.D.

We have a kindle. But, truthfully, I convert them to .pdf and read them on my laptop. I dim the screen a little to reduce wear and tear on the eyes, but I find it easier to only have one device.