Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of the King

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    Please take this to the Food Thread.
    Which one?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

I can't even remember what the hell this thread is suppose to be about anymore; can I post my vital statistics here, or is there a different thread?

When do we start the "Return of the Queen" thread?

And why doesn't Rand post anymore, did Cleft piss him off?
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    http://homecooking.about.com/library/archive/blv66.htm

" Butternut squash and pumpkin can often be used interchangably with acorn squash, and vice versa so you may also wish to check out pumpkin recipes. As with any recipe, feel free to modify it to meet the needs and tastes of your own family."
    Cool! I didn't plant pumpkin this year and have a great recipe for a three-layer chocolate pumpkin cheesecake. I haven't made that in years.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

I can't even remember what the hell this thread is suppose to be about anymore; can I post my vital statistics here, or is there a different thread?

When do we start the "Return of the Queen" thread?

And why doesn't Rand post anymore, did Cleft piss him off?
    I was going to ask you guys to go back to the original topic, but I couldn't remember either. I'm sure Rand will turn up unless he ran off with MMMDK. Though I've seen him since the Dane departed.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    Could you idiots just humor me for once?
    That's a horrible thing to say!
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Please take this to the Food Thread.
    Now THAT's funny. Ziggy, even you have to admit THAT is funny.

http://homecooking.about.com/library/archive/blv66.htm

" Butternut squash and pumpkin can often be used interchangably with acorn squash, and vice versa so you may also wish to check out pumpkin recipes. As with any recipe, feel free to modify it to meet the needs and tastes of your own family."
    Great! That's license to dump a pound of sugar in it so it tastes like something edible.

Ok, back to the topic.

Weight - 218
    I've eaten: 5 oz tuna with a tbl mayo, 3 celery sticks, 8 oz pork tenderloin, 1/2 a cucumber, 2 string cheese, 1 granola bar, 3 32oz glasses of water and 4,000 trips to the bathroom. No idea what's for dinner, but it better be good, because reading the above makes me want to blow my head off.
    Still to do - 4 miles on the damn treadmill.

I'm having a bad fucking day. Could you idiots just humor me for once? We already have a thread for this, have covered most of this already and we haven't heard what Skinbasket's eaten for two days now.

I'm up to a container of yogurt and a 1/2 sandwich and salad combo from Panera because I had to get the hell out of here.

Need recipes to use up fresh squash, acorn squash, grape, cherry, roma and beefsteak tomatoes before all these fucking things go bad. Please note, I've never had acorn squash before, I planted it on a whim and a lot of this stuff I actually planted intending to give it to other people. I was going to give it to the domestic violence shelter, but apparently they only take non-perishable donations. So what the hell am I supposed to do with this stuff?
    Acorn squash in July???? I thought that was something that rears its head in the fall harvest. Jeez. Anyway, as far as I am concerned there is only one acceptable use for acorn squash (my culinary talents are not limitless): put it in a lasagna with a white sauce/cream cheese base, along with some leeks, spinach, and sun dried tomatoes. You can probably create your own sun dried tomato factory. If you really need a recipe I can dig that up.

I wonder if that acorn squash would be a viable sub for eggplant in italian cooking?
    Not really, you have to cook the crap out of acorn squash before you can do anything with it.

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy View Post
    Ok, back to the topic.

Weight - 218
    I've eaten: 5 oz tuna with a tbl mayo, 3 celery sticks, 8 oz pork tenderloin, 1/2 a cucumber, 2 string cheese, 1 granola bar, 3 32oz glasses of water and 4,000 trips to the bathroom. No idea what's for dinner, but it better be good, because reading the above makes me want to blow my head off.
    Still to do - 4 miles on the damn treadmill.
    Bump it up to six miles with interval training and you could probably eat like a normal person.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    You guys are killing this thread

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Bump it up to six miles with interval training and you could probably eat like a normal person.
    Not if he's trying to lose or hasn't worked up to the six miles. The pork tenderloin does sound good though. Be careful so you don't overhydrate. I've heard that can have consequences of its own, beyond the obvious. And do some of the treadmill work outside for heaven's sakes or get on the bike. Anything for variety so you don't burn out on your workout. It can actually be fun, especially if you take someone with you. There's actually stuff to look at out there and the treadmill is supposed to be hard on the knees.

Not if he's trying to lose or hasn't worked up to the six miles. The pork tenderloin does sound good though. Be careful so you don't overhydrate. I've heard that can have consequences of its own, beyond the obvious. And do some of the treadmill work outside for heaven's sakes or get on the bike. Anything for variety so you don't burn out on your workout. It can actually be fun, especially if you take someone with you. There's actually stuff to look at out there and the treadmill is supposed to be hard on the knees.
    You do realize that I live in Texas, right? The next sub 100 degree day is slated for October. After dark, the mosquito's are liable to carry me away. I don't have, nor want an exercise bike, however, I'm considering a nice elliptical machine. My knees are tough as iron, (shit, I sound like Partial!), so I'm good there, my ankles suck though.

1,500 cals a day is max for me right now, even if I walked to Washington DC! I'm not "overhydrating", I drink 4 32oz'ers a day though.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    brown sugar and butter, maybe a little salt. bake in the oven. eat.

You do realize that I live in Texas, right? The next sub 100 degree day is slated for October. After dark, the mosquito's are liable to carry me away. I don't have, nor want an exercise bike, however, I'm considering a nice elliptical machine. My knees are tough as iron, (shit, I sound like Partial!), so I'm good there, my ankles suck though.

1,500 cals a day is max for me right now, even if I walked to Washington DC! I'm not "overhydrating", I drink 4 32oz'ers a day though.
    Ah right, I forgot about Texas. What about 5 a.m.? Don't walk to DC. It's 90 and humid here. It wouldn't help your cause!

Thanks, Whiskey!

acorn squash is not as flavorful as butternut squash.

P.S. Thanks, RG. That was helpful. Several there that I hadn't seen elsewhere.

P.S. Thanks, RG. That was helpful. Several there that I hadn't seen elsewhere.
    Anytime. Happy to help, wish I could do more.

Anytime. Happy to help, wish I could do more.
    Get a room.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial