Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
my apathy for soccer is also felt for golf and cycling fwiw and people I know would profess that I don't show it anymore than the other sports fwiw. I don't love baseball but I sometimes watch games. I think with soccer most are really into it or it's miserably boring in the US.
For some reason I have an addiction to watching golf. I am Tiger Woods guy and no player that I remember seeing was ever that dominate in the game where he is expected to win everytime he goes out on the tee box. He brought an energy, determination, and intensity unlike any other golfer. It was like he was amping himself up to play 3 hours as a middle linebacker for the Ravens. It was his will to win that was captivating. He still has it, but his head and leg are all fucked up.

I am sure their is some asshole in shin guards running around with the same intensity and determination but they bore the fuck out of me. Let me tell ya I played soccer for one summer down in North Carolina and that sports difficulty meter is like a 3. Sure juggling the ball and passing and shooting are skills that take a long time to master, but flat out speed, and defense is pretty much all one needs to dominate the game.