Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
Your fascination with AAPL is blinding, isn't it?

The frustrating thing is that the $600/share estimate is not new, but they keep moving back the "expected by" date. To get to $610, AAPL would increase about 60% from its current price of around $385, but would have to increase around 50% from its high. It has a lot of new territory to go through to get to $600. I think there are other stocks that can do just as well, some of which will also kick in a nice dividend that AAPL does not. Stocks that have been unfairly punished over the last couple months.

I will continue to hold my AAPL stock, but doubt that I will be adding to it. I think there are "better buys" out there. Stocks that could return nearly 50% just by recovering to their recent highs of this year, from which they had been expected to gain 10%-20% just a couple months ago. There were no reasons for some of these stocks to have declined as much as they have, other than just the general market sell off.
I don't care how long it takes. Eventually AAPL will get to a 20ish PE like most other big companies. They're a steal and a half and not going anywhere any time soon. I don't have the time to day trade, so I stick with safe stocks mathematically backed to have big returns.

I'm more than happy with the 100% returns I've seen on my AAPL. I'll be overjoyed at 200% in a 3 year stint. That's pretty unbelievable.