Quote Originally Posted by Partial View Post
Do you think companies are suddenly going to stop giving their employees smart phones?
OF COURSE THEY WILL! My gosh, do you have any idea what goes on at a company struggling to keep its share price up? First, they will simply limit the employees that can get new smartphones. Then they will limit the ones who can even have them. Then they will go through large scale layoffs. Each step limits sales opportunities for all smartphone providers.

Do you think consumers are going to stop buying smart phones?
OF COURSE THEY WILL, if a recession hits and lasts. There is nothing essential about having a smartphone. If the choice is between food, rent and a smartphone, the phone is the first thing to go. Not only will they not buy new ones, they won't even pay for the data plans to support their old ones.

Obviously there are inherit risks with investing. I'm really big into applying math principals into them. Lots of people look at PE, but I like the much less commonly used PEG because it accounts for growth. PEG ratio is a phenomenal indication for purchasing stocks. Something like 94% of stocks perform according to what the ratio dictates I've read. That's a pretty strong indication, in my opinion.
I hope you realize the PEG ratio is based on predicted growth. In that way, it is one of the most unreliable tools, because if the prediction for growth is wrong, the whole thing falls apart. There is nothing certain about predicting the future.

Lots of financial analysts that are quoted on appleinsider.com are saying that 600 is the new 12 month price, and that it's only going to keep going up. I've read some say that is it the best stock to buy right now. We both know it's ridiculously under valued. Eventually the market has a way of correcting itself and putting it's PE in line with other very large companies (which will make it very, very valuable).
There is nothing new about the $600 prediction. Earlier this year, some were predicting it for the end of 2011.

IMO, it's very safe, and it's something that I know very well and follow closely. Part of the reason I'm such a strong advocate for it is because I follow Apple as closely as anyone. It would be foolish for me to invest in some other companies that I don't follow and aren't particularly interested in supporting, because I won't know when the time is right to buy in or get out.
I agree that you should know what you invest in, but it is unwise to ever think anything is certain. You should also look at how often the so-called experts are flat out wrong.