Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Another boring money post

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    But it's ok. Don't listen or consider that it's more people than just me trying to drill into that thick skull of yours. Don't exercise caution.
    .........and seriously hurting yourself doing squats past 90 degrees.

OOPS, wrong thread. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial View Post
    Do you remember when they came out with the first iPhone? Yep, you sure do.

Really???

I remember what I was doing when the planes hit the twin towers. I can't even remember which year the first iPhone came out.

The difference is Apple changes with time and stays cool. Remember when they first came out with the iMac? Cool. Do you remember when they came out with the titanium sex notebooks? I sure do, because they were cool. Do you remember when they came out with the first unibody notebooks? Yep, we all sure do. What about the new MacBook Air? Yep, everyone is in shock over how thin and gorgeous it is. Do you remember when they came out with the first iPhone? Yep, you sure do.
    You need to get out more. I don't even know what most of that stuff is, much less when it came out. What the fuck is a titanium sex notebook? MacBook Air? Seriously? I immediately imagine LeVar Burton dunking on a 5 foot rim over a copy of some PBS sponsored book about some kid's 3 dads.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

? HOFer
    How exactly does that equate to not having money???

Sales numbers are indicative of the past. If those indications are correct and they are based on information from Pew Research, then the current sales numbers mean nothing as the future trend among Apple's largest future market is not good. I think you already have bet your bottom dollar on it...
    Quarterly sales numbers, estimates for the future quarters, and updates from supply chain sources are indicative of the current.

The iPhone will continue to be the best selling smart phone for a few more years at least. You can bet your bottom dollar on that one.

You can bet your bottom dollar on that one.
    I use the FIFO accounting practice when it comes to my money. My bottom dollar is constantly changing.

The difference is Apple changes with time and stays cool. Remember when they first came out with the iMac? Cool. Do you remember when they came out with the titanium sex notebooks? I sure do, because they were cool. Do you remember when they came out with the first unibody notebooks? Yep, we all sure do. What about the new MacBook Air? Yep, everyone is in shock over how thin and gorgeous it is. Do you remember when they came out with the first iPhone? Yep, you sure do. Does anyone remember the first HP or Dell on the market? What about the first Android phone? Can anyone name it without Googling it? I can, but can most people? The answer, which is pure speculation on my part, is No.

Apple is cool, and for the next 3-4 years will remain cool as long as they follow the plan that Steve and Jon Ive have in place. I think they'll still know what cool is as long as Jon is there.

There is a fundamental difference in the way products are designed that makes them great. Apple pushes the limits of technology and has a vision of how software should integrate with ones life and devices. The others are responding after the fact and polling for user feedback rather than having their own vision.

I have no idea when any of those came out, I just know people make fun of the hipsters who think there cool.
    This goes back to my cyclical comment, where is apple on its cycle? It is looking like it maybe approaching another down swing.

So talking about investing, long on canola is a good bet that lloks to be getting better, owning gold in euro's is still very very safe, not so safe in us$ terms. Other precious metals look to be reching some inflection points so watch out.
    Non-renewable energy should be making healthy gains in about 1 - 2 months and hold those gains for the forseeable future. If you are into financials, go with canadian or australian for the safe bet. Does that help GrnBay007.
    Also I will qualify this with the good old TMQ wARNING, ALL PREDICTIONS WRONG OR YOU MONEY BACK.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Where is apple on its cycle? It is looking like it maybe approaching another down swing.
    Apple's cycles are just beginning. The iPad is still a new product, despite being a huge product. Recall this has only been out, what, 17 months now? It's still a baby. The iPhone is also not going anywhere anytime soon. It's just so far ahead of the competition in user experience.

Analyst Mark Moskowitz with J.P. Morgan
    http://www.appleinsider.com/articles..._struggle.html

"In our view, Apple should be in no rush," he said. "The other tablet entrants have stumbled so far, and that trend-line could persist deep into 2012."
    But Apple should be in no rush to grow the iPad lineup, in Moskowitz's view, as competitors like Motorola and Research in Motion have disappointed with their own competing offerings. RIM announced on Thursday that it has shipped just 200,000 PlayBooks, far less than the 9.25 million iPads Apple sold in its most recent quarter.

Moskowitz believes the next tablet to stumble will come from Sony, which recently demoed new hardware. The analyst said he was not impressed by what he saw.

"To us, Sony's tablet lacks the refined, sleek feel of the iPad and its bezel-like back is not user-friendly," he wrote in a note to investors. "Lastly, the sony tablet runs on the Android O/S, which has failed to garner as much interest in tablets as it has in smartphones."
    "Amazon's Kindle may not be a harbinger of the company's future success in tablets, in our view," he said. "Until we see how Amazon fares, we think the next potential threat to Apple's tablet dominance is not until late 2012 when Windows 8-based tablets could hit the market."

? HOFer
    Brian White with Ticonderoga Securities
    http://www.appleinsider.com/articles..._7_phones.html

As RIM begins to ramp-up availability of devices running its new BlackBerry 7 mobile operating system, Apple is expected to hold an event in the coming weeks to announce its fifth-generation iPhone. That next iPhone, in the eyes of analyst Brian White with Ticonderoga Securities, will "steamroll" RIM's BlackBerry 7 lineup.

White said RIM's BlackBerry fresh was simply too little, too late, and the Canadian company's struggles will only add to Apple's momentum. He sees that momentum going "off the charts" in October, when Apple's so-called "iPhone 5" is expected to debut.

As for RIM's PlayBook, White sees the touchscreen tablet following in the footsteps of HP's TouchPad with a potential discontinuation. He said the PlayBook is poised to be the "next casualty of iPad's tablet dominance."

RIM announced on Thursday that it shipped 10.6 million BlackBerry phones and 200,000 PlayBooks in the previous quarter. Its profits were down 47 percent year over year, and sales came in well below Wall Street estimates.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    That cheese pizza I ate last night came out really stringy. I don't think it was worth the 4.99 I spent on it.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    That cheese pizza I ate last night came out really stringy. I don't think it was worth the 4.99 I spent on it.
    You have to order Armand's. It's a truly awesome pizza experience and will soon be dominating the pizza market. Their website says so.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

You have to order Armand's. It's a truly awesome pizza experience and will soon be dominating the pizza market. Their website says so.

What is their PEG? So long as I can get it down with two flushes or less, I'll buy it.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Their website doesn't matter, it only matters if it is found on an unbiased website like Apple Insider. You know, a reputable website with absolutely zero reason to "take the company line".

Armand's uses common ingredients that are readily available in the marketplace. They'll never make it in the real world. You'll see. I GUARANTEE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy View Post
    Their website doesn't matter, it only matters if it is found on an unbiased website like Apple Insider. You know, a reputable website with absolutely zero reason to "take the company line".

Armand's uses common ingredients that are readily available in the marketplace. They'll never make it in the real world. You'll see. I GUARANTEE IT.
    would you bet your bottom dollar?

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Buy tradable goods that are going to be valuable when the shit hits the fan. I would tell you all to buy ammo but I don't like you all enough.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    as a follow up you could make a killing in toliet paper

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    as a follow up you could make a killing in toliet paper
    I can let you have 30,000 rolls of toilet paper that I happen to be sitting on

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by retailguy View Post

Find some analysts that say otherwise, then. It's an unbiased site for shareholders. Why would they want shareholders to be misinformed, lose money, and stop visiting their site. Clearly you don't understand their business model.

I am going to make my own Gardasil and sell it for 50% off. Step 1: Isolate the live virus from my herpes sores.

Holy Jesus that hurt. Step 2: Now to culture those bastards on foreskin-derived keratinocytes. OUCH!

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Holy Jesus that hurt. Step 2: Now to culture those bastards on foreskin-derived keratinocytes. OUCH!
    If any of that stuff is going to be stored in your fridge I'm taking a pass on the homemade salsa dip come Sunday. There's no way of knowing what's been in your Tupperware.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.