Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Another boring money post

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    If any of that stuff is going to be stored in your fridge I'm taking a pass on the homemade salsa dip come Sunday. There's no way of knowing what's been in your Tupperware.

No, No! I have the dedicated 37C incubator for this stuff. The minifridge is for the attenuated virus once I grow it up. What you have to worry about is the chicken room where I make up the antibodies. Don't worry though, when I make up the chicken wings with the left-over carcasses after harvesting the antibodies, they are cooked long enough to kill the viruses - mostly.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Partial View Post
    Find some analysts that say otherwise, then. It's an unbiased site for shareholders. Why would they want shareholders to be misinformed, lose money, and stop visiting their site. Clearly you don't understand their business model.
    An unbiased site will contain both praise and criticism. What does Apple Insider think Apple could be doing better? What weaknesses has Apple Insider identified. If they haven't identified any, then it's a propaganda site intended to get you to buy products and expensive stock.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    What a thread.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

I'm conflicted about the way I grow chickens. I have them set up double decker. Problem is the guys upstairs crap on the guys downstairs. Now, my costs are lowered, because I can house more chickens per square foot in my basement laboratory, but I have to deal with chicken crap on half my animals. I can't afford more dropping pans, because of the economy. Oh well, I suppose I'd better get back to bleeding those chickens for more antibodies.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I'm conflicted about the way I grow chickens. I have them set up double decker. Problem is the guys upstairs crap on the guys downstairs. Now, my costs are lowered, because I can house more chickens per square foot in my basement laboratory, but I have to deal with chicken crap on half my animals. I can't afford more dropping pans, because of the economy. Oh well, I suppose I'd better get back to bleeding those chickens for more antibodies.
    You could always go free range.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Easy solution - use pens narrow enough that the damn things can't move in them. Perhaps you already use these. Offset the top pens about 2" from the bottom tier, with their buts overhanging the void below.

Simple, with minimal extra space needed. Heck, you can even add a third tier, offset by two inches from the middle tier. In just over 4" of floor space you can collect three tiers of chicken shit.

Find some analysts that say otherwise, then. It's an unbiased site for shareholders. Why would they want shareholders to be misinformed, lose money, and stop visiting their site. Clearly you don't understand their business model.
    Lmao... kinda like the one Ziggy posted last night? You cant even see your bias

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by retailguy View Post
    Lmao... kinda like the one Ziggy posted last night? You cant even see your bias
    I acknowledge that, but I don't see a lot of value in it. There is copious evidence that points to the exact opposite. I'll post a few examples in a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    An unbiased site will contain both praise and criticism. What does Apple Insider think Apple could be doing better? What weaknesses has Apple Insider identified. If they haven't identified any, then it's a propaganda site intended to get you to buy products and expensive stock.
    It doesn't have an opinion on anything. It provides reports that ANALYSTS say. They are nothing but an aggregate of AAPL analyst opinions. The site's premise is for people who buy AAPL. They'll post stories of when analysts say buy, sell, what the rumors are and what the price should be, etc. I don't see how that is having an opinion, that is simply aggregating data. A simple Google search of AAPL provides very similar results when restricting time to current information.

I swear, I could say the sky is blue and you dumbasses would say it's purple. It's really quite pathetic. Get a life, losers. Instead of proclaiming the sky is purple, you could, I don't know, try studying investing principals and provide a compelling argument instead of being sarcastic pricks. Way to be delta bravos. I've met both of you and you weren't insufferable at all in person. I don't get why you desire being a total dick head online. It's quite pathetic.
    Last edited by Partial; 09-16-2011 at 07:05 PM.

? HOFer
    http://www.neowin.net/news/survey-sh...itch-to-iphone

Emphasis is my own.

The story said that according to a survey of 216 mobile phone users in the city of Minneapolis, a whopping 94 percent of current iPhone users plan to purchase yet another iPhone. By contrast, just 47 percent of Android plan to purchase another Android phone. Also 42 percent of Android users say they plan to make the iPhone their next smartphone. The news is even worse for RIM; just 26 percent of owners of RIM's Blackberry phones plan to purchase yet another Blackberry. A whopping 67 percent of Blackberry owners plan to switch over to the iPhone. Overall 36 percent of smartphone users are waiting it out to purchase an iPhone 5. As we have reported earlier today rumors have varied about when the iPhone 5 will be released, with some saying September while others saying it won't come out until October.
    Gee, Zig, what say you? There are countless reports of this with Android users, and my real world observations of this are even higher. I know tons of women, because lets face it, I'm wonderful :-p, and every single one with an Android phone dislikes it and intends to switch to the iPhone once there contract is up.

Market research firm uSamp recorded the responses of more than 700 current smartphone owners on the Verizon network. According to those responses, around 66% of BlackBerry users on Verizon plan to switch, and around 44% of Android smartphone users plan to spring for the iPhone 4 on their current network.

Altogether, 54% of the Verizon-using, smartphone-owning respondents said they planned to switch to the Verizon iPhone.
    http://mashable.com/2011/02/05/veriz...tch-to-iphone/

Just a matter of time before their Android contracts run out and they jump to the beautiful life of iOs.

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/08/...vs-android-47/
    http://www.thestreet.com/story/11251...cm_ven=GOOGLEN

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Easy solution - use pens narrow enough that the damn things can't move in them. Perhaps you already use these. Offset the top pens about 2" from the bottom tier, with their buts overhanging the void below.

Simple, with minimal extra space needed. Heck, you can even add a third tier, offset by two inches from the middle tier. In just over 4" of floor space you can collect three tiers of chicken shit.
    Awesome idea. You know, I sell that chicken shit as fertilizer. Want some?

http://www.neowin.net/news/survey-sh...itch-to-iphone

Emphasis is my own.

Gee, Zig, what say you? There are countless reports of this with Android users, and my real world observations of this are even higher. I know tons of women, because lets face it, I'm wonderful :-p, and every single one with an Android phone dislikes it and intends to switch to the iPhone once there contract is up.

http://mashable.com/2011/02/05/veriz...tch-to-iphone/

Just a matter of time before their Android contracts run out and they jump to the beautiful life of iOs.

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/08/...vs-android-47/
    http://www.thestreet.com/story/11251...cm_ven=GOOGLEN
    The story said that according to a survey of 216 mobile phone users in the city of Minneapolis,

This is the data you're using to dispute an actual study by Pew research? A guy quoting another story where he read about a survey of 200 people in Minneapolis food courts? You do realize these are the same people who root for the Vikings, right? Absolutely use this data to inform your purchasing decisions. No critical thinking necessary. Was the food court in front of the Apple store by chance?

And Rand, my dear, we used chicken shit fertilizer (much like what's been posted in this thread) one year and couldn't go outside for three weeks. Most godawful smell around.

This is the data you're using to dispute an actual study by Pew research?
    where are the stats on that study? How do you know they're not as faulty as those Gallup polls?

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    I

I swear, I could say the sky is blue and you dumbasses would say it's purple. It's really quite pathetic. Get a life, losers.

now that's funny!

where are the stats on that study? How do you know they're not as faulty as those Gallup polls?
    Methodology
    This report is based on the findings of a survey on Americans' use of the Internet. The results in this report are based on data from telephone interviews conducted by Princeton Survey Research Associates International from April 26 to May 22, 2011, among a sample of 2,277 adults, age 18 and older. Telephone interviews were conducted in English and Spanish by landline (1,522) and cell phone (755, including 346 without a landline phone). For results based on the total sample, one can say with 95% confidence that the error attributable to sampling is plus or minus 2.4 percentage points. For results based Internet users (n=1,701), the margin of sampling error is plus or minus 2.7 percentage points. In addition to sampling error, question wording and practical difficulties in conducting telephone surveys may introduce some error or bias into the findings of opinion polls.

Is that ok?

I swear, I could say the sky is blue and you dumbasses would say it's purple.
    Now that's an original line! I swear I've heard that one before.

And Rand, my dear, we used chicken shit fertilizer (much like what's been posted in this thread) one year and couldn't go outside for three weeks. Most godawful smell around.
    NOTHING stinks like chicken shit and IPAD reviews.

? HOFer
    http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS23034011

Worldwide media tablet shipments in the second quarter were driven by continued robust demand for Apple’s iPad 2, which saw shipments reach 9.3 million units, representing a 68.3% share of the worldwide market (up from 65.7% the previous quarter). Research in Motion entered the media tablet market in 2Q11 with its PlayBook product, grabbing a 4.9% share of the market. Apple’s strength and RIM’s entrance meant bad news for Android-based media tablets, which saw its collective share slip to 26.8%, down from 34.0% the previous quarter.
    IDC expects Android’s market share to drop again to 23% during Q3

? HOFer
    The story said that according to a survey of 216 mobile phone users in the city of Minneapolis,

This is the data you're using to dispute an actual study by Pew research? A guy quoting another story where he read about a survey of 200 people in Minneapolis food courts? You do realize these are the same people who root for the Vikings, right? Absolutely use this data to inform your purchasing decisions. No critical thinking necessary. Was the food court in front of the Apple store by chance?
    Yes. I actually think this very small study is much more accurate than yours. Scientific or not, imo, it's an anomaly. As a scientist, I would personally throw out both studies as far too small of sample sizes when looking at almost 7 billion people.

The following statements are unrelated, but are very important:

1. iPhone 5 will be the best selling smart phone world wide in 2011. The iPhone's market share will grow. Androids market share will shrink in America from where it is now by 2012.

2. iPhone 5 will be an extremely profitable device. It will be the de facto smartphone. It will be a cash cow and lead to four consecutive record revenue/profit quarters from Apple in 2012.

3. iPad will be the best selling tablet world wide in 2011 by a very large margin. iPad's market share will continue to grow from where it is today.

4. iPad will be an extremely profitable device. It will be the de facto tablet. It will be a cash cow and lead to four conseuctive record revenue/profit quarters from Apple in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy View Post
    Now that's an original line! I swear I've heard that one before.
    I don't get it?

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar

I don't get it?
    stop it your killing me! my side hurts!!

Partial,

Everything I have read seems to show that while Iphone may be the single largest in phone sales, Android is clearly the most popular system, and growing faster than AAPL's.

This reminds me of the Beta/VHS battle years ago.
    - the one manufacturer with the most sales used Beta.
    - Beta was exclusive to the one manufacturer.
    - VHS was openly licensed to anyone.
    - everyone else used VHS.
    - For many reasons, the techies preferred Beta, were convinced that it was superior and believed it was only a matter of time until it made VHS disappear.

But, VHS was offered in many cheaper, inferior products which allowed it to penetrate the very large market of people who wanted something but couldn't afford the more expensive products with Beta.

The smartphone battle seems to be history repeating itself. It may not end well for AAPL years from now.