2 Bay leaves
    Cayenne to taste
    Kosher Salt to taste
    1 tsp Black Pepper
    1 tsp White Pepper
    1 bunch Fresh Thyme
    2 Tbsp Tabasco
    1 Tbsp Worcestershire
    1/2 Cup Green Onions, green tops thinly sliced, white part sliced into 1/4″ thickness
    1/8 Cup Flat Leaf Parsley, minced
    1 Recipe Creole Boiled Rices

Melt the butter in a large sauce pan with the vegetable oil over medium high heat. When the butter begins to froth add 1/2 cup of the onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden brown. Add the remaining onions, celery, and bell pepper, reduce the heat to medium and season with 1 Tbsp Creole Seasoning and a healthy pinch of salt. Sweat the vegetables until soft.

Add the tomato paste mixing well, and cook, stirring constantly, until the paste begins to brown, then add the fresh tomatoes and another healthy pinch of Kosher salt, this will help the tomatoes break down. Stir well.

When the tomatoes start to break down into liquid add the white wine, and turn the heat to high until most of the alcohol burns off. Add the Shrimp Stock, remaining Creole seasoning, garlic, bay leaves, black pepper, white pepper, cayenne (to taste), and Thyme. Bring to a boil then reduce to a low simmer. Simmer for 30-45 minutes.
    (If necessary at this point thicken the sauce with 1 Tbsp Cornstarch/ 2Tbsp water. Bring to a boil to maximize the thickening power of the cornstarch.)

Add the hot sauce, Worcestershire, and season to taste with Kosher salt. Last chance to re-season your sauce, remember that good cooking is all about proper seasoning. Make your Boiled Rice, and season your shrimp with 1 Tbsp Kosher salt and a pinch of Cayenne.
    Bring the sauce to a boil, reduce the heat to low and add the shrimp. The key is to not overcook your shrimp. Let them slowly simmer in the sauce until just cooked through.
    Serve with boiled rice and garnish with the remaining green onions and parsley.

Serve immediately.
    Serves 4.

Shrimp Stock Recipe
    The Shells and tails from 2 lb. of Shrimp
    1/2 Cup chopped Onion
    1/4 Cup chopped Celery
    2 Garlic Cloves
    1 Lemon sliced
    2 Fresh Bay Leaves
    3 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
    1 tsp. Black Peppercorns

Add all ingredients to a dutch oven or a moderate sized stock pot. Cover this with cold water, it should be about 6-8 Cups Cups. Bring almost to a boil, reduce the heat to a low simmer. Skim off any scum that rises to the surface. Simmer for about 45 minutes to an hour. Strain through a fine mesh strainer or chinois.
    Stock freezes very well. I always break it up into one use batches by putting it into those plastic ziploc containers. Just remember to leave about 1 inch of headroom as it will expand when it freezes.
    Football been very very good to me

Purdue Boilermaker Chili

Ingredients

• 2 pounds ground beef chuck
    • 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
    • 3 (15 ounce) cans chili beans, drained
    • 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans in spicy sauce
    • 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
    • 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
    • 1 large yellow onion, chopped
    • 3 stalks celery, chopped
    • 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
    • 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
    • 2 green chile peppers, seeded and chopped
    • 1 tablespoon bacon bits
    • 4 cubes beef bouillon
    • 1/2 cup beer
    • 1/4 cup chili powder
    • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
    • 1 tablespoon dried oregano
    • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
    • 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™)
    • 1 teaspoon dried basil
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
    • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    • 1 teaspoon paprika
    • 1 teaspoon white sugar
    • 1 (10.5 ounce) bag corn chips such as FritosĀ®
    • 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions

1. Heat a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Crumble the ground chuck and sausage into the hot pan, and cook until evenly browned. Drain off excess grease.
    2. Pour in the chili beans, spicy chili beans, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Add the onion, celery, green and red bell peppers, chile peppers, bacon bits, bouillon, and beer. Season with chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, oregano, cumin, hot pepper sauce, basil, salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, and sugar. Stir to blend, then cover and simmer over low heat for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
    3. After 2 hours, taste, and adjust salt, pepper, and chili powder if necessary. The longer the chili simmers, the better it will taste. Remove from heat and serve, or refrigerate, and serve the next day.
    4. To serve, ladle into bowls, and top with corn chips and shredded Cheddar cheese.
    Sounds pretty good except no chili is made in my house that does not include Habaneros and Jalapenos... PERIOD... and I would lose the Italian Sausage... I mean really.. WTF?

I bought a crepe pan today. My favorite breakfast out is black cherry crepes. Hmmm....
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    One of my culinary gigs involved cooking crepes to order in the dining room of a large hotel restaurant. I'd pipe the batter, saute some fruit of your choosing, flambe with some liquor for some showmanship, and serve with chocolate ganache and whipped cream. I hated that job but there is no denying that the skills I built making crepes that way have left me as the uncontested champion of Valentine's day.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    One of my culinary gigs involved cooking crepes to order in the dining room of a large hotel restaurant. I'd pipe the batter, saute some fruit of your choosing, flambe with some liquor for some showmanship, and serve with chocolate ganache and whipped cream. I hated that job but there is no denying that the skills I built making crepes that way have left me as the uncontested champion of Valentine's day.
    Did you ever do black cherries? What did you saute them with?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Yes, butter and sugar. Then I'd flambe with grand marnier and finish with whipped cream or powdered sugar and lovemaking.

Yes, butter and sugar. Then I'd flambe with grand marnier and finish with whipped cream or powdered sugar and lovemaking.
    I can do all but the last part...

Sure you can. Just wash your hands first.

Sure you can. Just wash your hands first.
    LOL. I was referring to the fact that the last part takes two...

Maybe youse two should hook up and go to the bar to watch the game tomorrow. What the heck? (Unless 3irty lives in a Ramsey run kitchen in Brooklyn or somethin')

Quote Originally Posted by easy cheesy View Post
    Maybe youse two should hook up and go to the bar to watch the game tomorrow. What the heck? (Unless 3irty lives in a Ramsey run kitchen in Brooklyn or somethin')
    My shoes aren't nearly expensive enough for that...

Maybe youse two should hook up.
    Maybe you and I could hook up......and ends with me mounting you or somethin'. RRRWWAAAARRRRR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post

LOL. I was referring to the fact that the last part takes two...
    You're a 100 lb woman with 20,000 posts on an NFL forum and you expect anyone on here to believe that you can't find a partner for crepesex?

BTW, while I had that job a few of the cooks started calling me "the crepeist." Still hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    Maybe you and I could hook up......and ends with me mounting you or somethin'. RRRWWAAAARRRRR!!!
    Then make me some Nachos after.... you fuck... purty please... with Jalapenos on top.....

You're a 100 lb woman with 20,000 posts on an NFL forum and you expect anyone on here to believe that you can't find a partner for crepesex?

BTW, while I had that job a few of the cooks started calling me "the crepeist." Still hilarious.
    My last boyfriend thought I was a little TOO football obsessed...

Well yeah not yet, you gotta get your hooks in me first. Crepes aren't first date material though, I'll probably lead off with an omelet if that's ok.

Well yeah not yet, you gotta get your hooks in me first. Crepes aren't first date material though, I'll probably lead off with an omelet if that's ok.
    Omelets are one of the few things I can cook well. You gotta lead off with something I can't cook.

Then make me some Nachos after.... you fuck... purty please... with Jalapenos on top.....

I'm blushing.... and not in a White Zinfandel sort of way thank Christ....flirtation is interesting the "squeezer of the can known as cheese".... carry on Soldiers...