Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Another boring money post

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    But you didn't reference Skinbasket's claim for American's love for stupid things. What is up with that?

? HOFer
    Excellent analysis from This Is My Next.. on the Amazon Fire.

http://thisismynext.com/2011/09/28/e...dle-fire-ipad/

Saw a funny tweet today about iPad and Amazon fire that made a good point. Coke is still profitable and very successful despite having a huge player in Pepsi. The Tablet market is big enough for the strictly fun oriented/consumption applications Amazon is offering. These won't be productivity apps and it's NOT compatible with Android 3.x or higher apps.

I think Apple and Amazon will both be successful, it's Google and all of it's other vendors that are pissed off over this. The traditional Android tablet is dead as of today unless ICS really knocks it out of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial View Post
    really has anyone had a bad experience there?
    I have, before they really hit their stride. There was a big e-mail fight... broken promises... refunds... Hindus pretending to be white people... In the end I told them I hoped they all died in a terrible typhoon and said I wouldn't pity them when they lost their jobs when Amazon became the next big flop. Man, did I hit that nail on the head.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    I have, before they really hit their stride. There was a big e-mail fight... broken promises... refunds... Hindus pretending to be white people... In the end I told them I hoped they all died in a terrible typhoon and said I wouldn't pity them when they lost their jobs when Amazon became the next big flop. Man, did I hit that nail on the head.
    Please to be I put you on hold for a minute justly.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Analysts are estimating Amazon is losing ~50 dollars per tablet shipped. ................. This thing is going to sell like hotcakes and Amazon is going to make a killing on it.
    they'll make it up in Volume!

? HOFer
    Yes, please. Hopefully it looks just like this. Unibody aluminum construction for strength and sound structure. By far the thinnest phone ever made. 4" screen. Soooo ridiculously sexy.

Clearly, this cnc machinest and apple enthusiast is very talented. This is really damn cool for a personal project constructed from leaked dimensions.

Even the most cynical person can appreciate these attributes that clearly display why this phone is of higher build quality then the competition.

This next one is on top of a Galaxy S II, the second thinnest phone available. Look at how bulky and flimsy the Sammy looks in comparison.

Last edited by Partial; 09-29-2011 at 10:09 PM.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Yes, please. Hopefully it looks just like this. Unibody aluminum construction for strength and sound structure. By far the thinnest phone ever made. 4" screen. Soooo ridiculously sexy.
    Get a room
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

? HOFer
    Believe me sir, I would love to.

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/09/29/...retail-stores/

This article that just came out pretty much confirms it. If ATT is getting teardrop iPhone 5 cases in already, then it's a sure thing in my opinion.

I have a friends parent who is a senior VP at ATT. Too bad they live in TX or I could get the scoop I'm sure from them.

Who will buy any other smart phone beyond this? The design is incredible. The screen size and thickness concerns are now moot. The build quality is going to be just like the iPad and MBP/MBA, where it's leaps and bounds ahead of everything else because it uses the unibody/brick sculpting process.

I can't even express my feelings into words right now.

? HOFer
    Boy, I really hope this is legit. I hope this is Steve's crown jewel and curtain call. If it does turn out just like that, boy, did he ever nail it and once again put them years ahead of the competition. What a way to go out for one of the greatest innovators of the 20th and 21st centuries. Hopefully, this really is his "One more thing". I bet it absolutely kills him that he won't be able to announce him, but for the sake of the company it's imperative that Tim Cook deliver the SteveNote (err, TimNote).

It's a fucking phone/money pit for fucks sake. Steve Jobs didn't cure cancer....he found a way to make a fortune and cause thousands of distracted driving accidents. If you want to crank yourself find that video of Polly Montgomery.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    It's a fucking phone/money pit for fucks sake. Steve Jobs didn't cure cancer....he found a way to make a fortune and cause thousands of distracted driving accidents. If you want to crank yourself find that video of Polly Montgomery.

Well said.

Honestly, from my perspective, things can get "too thin". I added an extended life battery to my blackberry about 3 months ago. It necessitated a new back cover and it now has a significant "bulge" in it. At first, I thought it'd never work for me and I'd hate it. But I was wrong. It's actually more comfortable to hold now, and the extra weight and width don't bother me near as much as I thought.

We got one for my wife's epic too. She likes it, though it is noticably more bulky than my phone. But her phone really sucks the battery. It'll be interesting to see if "slim" lasts more than an hour, unless of course Apple reinvented battery technology too.... :roll eyes:

I want to beat Skinbasket to death for starting this thread. Here is to hoping he splashes the pages of this thread with the largest cock anyone has ever seen, Ziggy included.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I want to beat Skinbasket to death for starting this thread. Here is to hoping he splashes the pages of this thread with the largest cock anyone has ever seen, Ziggy included.
    I want to beat madtown to death for allowing it to go on this long. But I know what you mean.

Cockbomb!

I've already been warned after doing that once, even though the act was a benevolent one.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Steve Jobs didn't cure cancer....
    In fact, he's causing brain cancer with his radioactive dork-devices.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by retailguy View Post
    Well said.

Honestly, from my perspective, things can get "too thin". I added an extended life battery to my blackberry about 3 months ago. It necessitated a new back cover and it now has a significant "bulge" in it. At first, I thought it'd never work for me and I'd hate it. But I was wrong. It's actually more comfortable to hold now, and the extra weight and width don't bother me near as much as I thought.

We got one for my wife's epic too. She likes it, though it is noticably more bulky than my phone. But her phone really sucks the battery. It'll be interesting to see if "slim" lasts more than an hour, unless of course Apple reinvented battery technology too.... :roll eyes:
    iPhones get the best battery life of any smart phone because they don't let things run willy-nilly in the background. They have a finite set of background APIs that work great. It will get at least a day of heavy usage. 3-4 days of light to moderate usage. This is class leading.

Too thin is ridiculous. Too thin? Too thick is a problem, but too thin? The substantial feel is more important, imo, and anything carved from aluminum that Apple has made historically have a very good feel. I don't foresee this changing. Apple understands balance/weight distribution, etc, so it should be wonderful.

The only problem that I can see is if I to wear down my battery (my girlfriend has a 3GS and this has not yet happened in 2.25 years), I have to mail it to Apple to get it swapped versus buying a 10 dollar eBay replacement. Having said that, it's not very expensive to do so it's not a deal breaker. I think it's a good trade for the quality of construction these devices have.

Freak, someone has to push the envelope in technology. These are good things. It's a beautiful design. This is changing the game. Just like the iPhone 4 was by far the thinnest phone and led to everyone else trying to match it's thin-ness, this will again up the anti. I don't see how one could possibly think this is anything but excellent.

iPhones get the best battery life of any smart phone because they don't let things run willy-nilly in the background. They have a finite set of background APIs that work great. It will get at least a day of heavy usage. 3-4 days of light to moderate usage. This is class leading.

Too thin is ridiculous. Too thin? Too thick is a problem, but too thin? The substantial feel is more important, imo, and anything carved from aluminum that Apple has made historically have a very good feel. I don't foresee this changing. Apple understands balance/weight distribution, etc, so it should be wonderful.

The only problem that I can see is if I to wear down my battery (my girlfriend has a 3GS and this has not yet happened in 2.25 years), I have to mail it to Apple to get it swapped versus buying a 10 dollar eBay replacement. Having said that, it's not very expensive to do so it's not a deal breaker. I think it's a good trade for the quality of construction these devices have.

Freak, someone has to push the envelope in technology. These are good things. It's a beautiful design. This is changing the game. Just like the iPhone 4 was by far the thinnest phone and led to everyone else trying to match it's thin-ness, this will again up the anti. I don't see how one could possibly think this is anything but excellent.

But tonight, when I get home, can I watch news videos on virtually every major news site on my iphone, or on my ipad? No, because it doesn't let flash run at all, much less willy nilly in the background.

So, lemme get this straight, in 2013 after apple has "changed" the technology and flash has been "destroyed", THEN, I can watch news videos on a phone, that in 2013, I WILL NO LONGER BE USING (because I'm a FOOL if I don't use the "subsidized upgrade policy").

Yes, it certainly is "excellent", what a user experience that is!

Believe it or not, the "thicker" phone is more comfortable for my hands, and I didn't have to send my phone ANYWHERE to replace the battery. It took 5 minutes to pop off the cover, replace and restart.... But, hey, call the mother ship, and wait 10 days. Sounds like an "excellent" user experience to me! Just the "cost" of having superior technology.

Hey - if I'm expecting an important call, do you suppose I could attach a post it note to my phone, asking the tech to answer it when it rings and give the important caller a message? LMAO...

Why do we care so much about apple? Is this really the best place to make money? If some one had 60k to invest, who would recommend just dump all of it in apple?

I can't even express my feelings into words right now.
    The image you put into my head from the other thread pretty much covers it...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings