Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
I don't know the word to describe him, but you put it together pretty well Vince.

If nothing else, colour me confused by him. Did he fool us all those years? Was he always a bastard, and if so, was he just better at hiding it, or did we choose to ignore it? Or did those characteristics not become apparent until he stopped getting his way?
I don't think he became a bastard towards the Packers until TT had the audacity to draft his replacement - Rodgers - while he was still our starter. I submit Favre felt threatened by Rodgers as soon as everyone saw Aaron on the practice field. I also believe Favre "retired" after the 2007 season because he feared he might lose his starters job and sure as hell didn't want to be Rodgers back-up! There can be no other explanation why a QB who still was playing at a high level would want to leave a team that just weeks ago was OT away from the Super Bowl, a team he admits was one of the most talented one he'd ever played on in GB. I for one don't give a damn what he says about our team today or our fabulous QB. He can go to blazes.