Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: great beers

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    wootah....I'm going to be here this year with some friends. Come say hello if you are around.
    http://www.brouwerijdemolen.nl/index...rfestival.html
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm one of the very few Belgians who do not drink beer, and since it's a 2,5hr drive to get there, I'll pass. Are you planning on visiting some cities in Holland or Belgium while you're in the neighbourhood?

Quote Originally Posted by wootah View Post
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm one of the very few Belgians who do not drink beer, and since it's a 2,5hr drive to get there, I'll pass. Are you planning on visiting some cities in Holland or Belgium while you're in the neighbourhood?
    Guy flies across the pond to meet a fellow Rat, and you won't drive 2.5 hours to go meet him??? Red reputation for you, Francois......

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    Guy flies across the pond to meet a fellow Rat, and you won't drive 2.5 hours to go meet him??? Red reputation for you, Francois......
    Francois?

I'll brewery hop for a few days then am heading to Germany and Elba to see some very good friends.
    C.H.U.D.

Harley FLHRC Rat Veteran AtlPackFan's Avatar
    If you get to the Atlanta area try a Sweetwater 420 (Atlanta) and/or Terrapin Rye Ale (Athens)
    My house is in Georgia but Wisconsin is my home.

I'll brewery hop for a few days then am heading to Germany and Elba to see some very good friends.
    Only breweries in Holland? Let me know if you pass through Belgium; there are some pretty good breweries over here.

Elba? I think Partial is in exile there.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Only breweries in Holland? Let me know if you pass through Belgium; there are some pretty good breweries over here.
    No.. We are heading to Belgium as well.....just for a day or two of tasting.
    C.H.U.D.

No.. We are heading to Belgium as well.....just for a day or two of tasting.
    Cool! Let me know if I can help you with anything. Is everything already arranged or are you deciding on the fly where to go?

The only thing arranged is me flying into Holland....after that I'll wing it. I hate being tied to schedules while traveling. Give me a passport and the appropriate visas if needed and I'm happy.

So.....who has ever had a "Bourbon County Rare" from Goose Island? Fuck me running that's an amazing stout. Not worth the $40-$90 price some have paid....but I didn't pay for it.
    C.H.U.D.

I'm trying a new beer right now from one of our Micro Breweries here in S. Quebec. Master Brewer (Maitre Brasseur) NOIRE CLASSIQUE.

www.maitrebrasseur.ca or www.MAITREBRASSEUR.CA

It has a deep smoky taste with lots of aftertaste and it's bitter. It's like a bad date. I'll never purchase it again.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

If you are ever in Canada and like a medium ale, try Big Rock Traditional. It has cost me many brain cells and stupid bets.

Anyone try this one? I have not sen it in stores around here (cough, cough, Freak Out, cough).

After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

I've had it many times. Always pretty good.....you want one? My offer still stands.
    C.H.U.D.

Just for laughs....when you guys are at your local bottle shops ask if they have any Goose Island Bourbon County Rare. Let me know what you find out.
    C.H.U.D.

I've had it many times. Always pretty good.....you want one? My offer still stands.
    Is this stuff in season up there? That was an incredible beer.....maybe we need to do a little swapping again.

I have some of the last vintage of Berserker left.....I think the brewery has some in barrels right now...not sure when they'll bottle....it's great stuff. Did I send you a Barfly?
    C.H.U.D.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Not bad:

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I drank 12 of these last week during the Packer bye.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png