Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow

This will not last. It only drives Denver deeper into Tebowism, gives them lower draft picks, and helps ensure their long-term failure.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    The highlights did show him bouncing a short out pass. Looked like a right-hander throwing left-handed on that one. He wasn't hit on the play or anything, just threw it badly.

Looked like Jim Zorn, circa 1985
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar
    I really really really hate to do this because it's going to make me look like an idiot, but you guys have to stay with me through it, okay? please?

The reason Tebow is giving teams fits right now is the same reason Vick was giving teams fits when he came out. LB's haven't had to play against a college style system in ages and they're rusty at it. Once teams have a chance to game plan for this, a lot of the success will be taken out of it. It's a mistake prone style of offense and that's why its never stuck around the NFL for long, but in short spurts it has been proven advantageous. The reason the Falcons continued successfully after Vick's first year was because he was a legit passer too, so they could make some sort of hybrid college/pro offense for him. Tebow doesn't have a chance. If they try and pull this crap again next year, their division opponents will crush them.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeefers View Post
    I really really really hate to do this because it's going to make me look like an idiot, but you guys have to stay with me through it, okay? please?

The reason Tebow is giving teams fits right now is the same reason Vick was giving teams fits when he came out. LB's haven't had to play against a college style system in ages and they're rusty at it. Once teams have a chance to game plan for this, a lot of the success will be taken out of it. It's a mistake prone style of offense and that's why its never stuck around the NFL for long, but in short spurts it has been proven advantageous. The reason the Falcons continued successfully after Vick's first year was because he was a legit passer too, so they could make some sort of hybrid college/pro offense for him. Tebow doesn't have a chance. If they try and pull this crap again next year, their division opponents will crush them.
    I am pbmax and I approve this message.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Not to disrespect what Denver has done....but if Haley keeps his job if KC's season continues along this track I'll be surprised. How in the hell do you lose THAT game at home and not lose the fans?
    Well, the Chiefs did lose their best offensive player (Jamal Charles), their best defensive player (Eric Berry) and a key offensive weapon (Tony Moeaki) to ACLs within like 3 weeks of the season starting. The Chiefs season was kind of over before it started.
    </delurk>

does it again!

How in the fuck did the Jest lose? Did Dirty Sanchez fuck it up again? Fucking Tebow......
    C.H.U.D.

How in the fuck did the Jest lose? Did Dirty Sanchez fuck it up again? Fucking Tebow......
    the jet's o pretty much sucks, denver's d is pretty damm good (von miller is a stud), tebow has more energy at the end of the game than anyone else. lol

Sanchez throwing a pick six. It was fun watching Elway having to clap in the team box looking like he can't believe he's stuck with this guy.
    "I know what I do to make sense of the world - or if not make sense of it, keep busy to be scared there is no sense."

Move over Jerry Jones , There's some new owners in town!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    denver's d is pretty damm good (von miller is a stud)
    I like how Aaron Rodgers scored six touchdowns against them.
    </delurk>

I just watched the highlights. lol. The Jets had no RBs left did they? Man oh man....Tebow mania is going to grow. Get him on Letterman.
    C.H.U.D.

I wouldn't exactly be anointing Tebow anything yet. Jets have a good D, and through the middle of the game Denver had to punt 8 straight times - 7 of those were 3 and out and they gained a total of 22 offensive yards in those 7 possessions.

Somehow Denver managed to string together a 12 play drive in the 4th, and and Tebow outran the defense to the end zone. Who knows.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I just watched the highlights. lol. The Jets had no RBs left did they? Man oh man....Tebow mania is going to grow. Get him on Letterman.
    Pretty much no. Shonn Greene went down early. McKnight's line looks pretty good though.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I like Tebow as a person, and I hope he succeeds. As a player, he reminds me of Vince Young. Athletic, ugly throwing style, clutch, but ultimately isn't going to lead your team to the promised land.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I wouldn't exactly be anointing Tebow anything yet. Jets have a good D, and through the middle of the game Denver had to punt 8 straight times - 7 of those were 3 and out and they gained a total of 22 offensive yards in those 7 possessions.

Somehow Denver managed to string together a 12 play drive in the 4th, and and Tebow outran the defense to the end zone. Who knows.
    heck no. terrible passer.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I like Tebow as a person, and I hope he succeeds. As a player, he reminds me of Vince Young. Athletic, ugly throwing style, clutch, but ultimately isn't going to lead your team to the promised land.
    nope. his time will be up soon unless he can be a functional passer to go along with the running. he might work out as a pass catching tightend.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    heck no. terrible passer.

nope. his time will be up soon unless he can be a functional passer to go along with the running. he might work out as a pass catching tightend.
    Ummm... coming from me... a comparison to Vince Young is not a good thing. They both suck throwing the ball. They both can run like crazy. They both have won games, and afterwards you are left wondering how the heck their team won.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Brando19 View Post
    Wow...he only attempted 8 passes and completed 2 of them? And they won?!? How does this happen? They're 4-3 with him as their starter. The guys is the worst starting QB I can remember. I mean...2 for 8? WTF?!?!?!?
    Worst?

Rick Mirer has him beat hands down
    The Bottom Line:
    Formally Numb, same person, same views of M3

Tebow has "It"

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

People can say what they want to but Denver's 4-1 with Tebow as the starter. That was an exciting finish with the game on the line. And personally, I don't mind seeing Rex Ryan's Jets getting humbled.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon View Post
    People can say what they want to but Denver's 4-1 with Tebow as the starter. That was an exciting finish with the game on the line. And personally, I don't mind seeing Rex Ryan's Jets getting humbled.
    I agree. I recorded the game and buzzed through it cheering when Sancho Panzathrew the pick six

....and celebrated when Tebow crushed Rex Ryan.

Ha Ha!