Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Protein Drinks

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Pickle juice is no joke. The last marathon I ran (it was 20 degrees warmer than what I had been training in), I was cramping from mile 19 to the finish line. Horrendous. The wife hands me the jar of pickles (we had it in the cooler waiting for me), I slam the juice and my cramping was relieved almost instantaneously.

For long days, ain't nothing better to replenish electrolytes.

It actually tastes good when your sodium levels are that depleted, so it's not as gross as it sounds.
    You need to bring salt tablets for long days like that! When I did the Ironman I was taking 800 mg of sodium every two hours.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    You need to bring salt tablets for long days like that! When I did the Ironman I was taking 800 mg of sodium every two hours.
    THE IronMan? Like in Kona?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    The best thing after a long run is a delicious Bass Ale, cooled to perfection at 54.3 degrees centigrade. (I recommend following up with plenty of water).
    Do you slow cook your brats in the Bass at that temp???

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    THE IronMan? Like in Kona?
    No I did the Ironman in Madison.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    No I did the Ironman in Madison.
    I tip my hat to you. That's no joke. We vacationed on the Big Island this fall and happened to be there for THE IronMan. We stayed in Kapa'au and got to see the bike turnaround. Pretty cool.

I grew up in MadTown, what was the course like?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Do you slow cook your brats in the Bass at that temp???
    LOL - fahrenheit!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    LOL - fahrenheit!
    I guess that makes a bit of a difference.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I tip my hat to you. That's no joke. We vacationed on the Big Island this fall and happened to be there for THE IronMan. We stayed in Kapa'au and got to see the bike turnaround. Pretty cool.

I grew up in MadTown, what was the course like?
    The course is great. The Madison Ironman gets the highest rating of all of the Ironmans from participants.

The swim is in Lake Monona, the bike goes west into the driftless area (if Chicago had won the 2016 Olympics they would have used a majority of the course for the road biking events) and then the marathon is run in downtown Madison finishing a block off of the square.

-Tim Harmston