Page 144 of 188 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 3744

Thread: OFFICIAL THREAD about "NOTHING"

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    You think putting the dog down is hard, try burying one in a rock pile in the middle of winter.
    I think I'm going to let the vet deal with the remains....
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007 View Post
    Yes Woody, 400 M. He's a sophomore, 16, and 6'1 - 6'2
    The 400 m was the successor to the 440 yard dash or quarter-mile race. As I recall running that race the 440n yards. Your son's time is very solid.

Here's some 400 Meter Race Trivia for you:

The 400 m Sprint.
    • The 400 metres is one lap around the track on the inside lane. Runners are staggered in their starting positions to ensure that everyone runs the same distance. While this event is a sprint (according to some), there is more scope to use tactics in the race; the fact that 400 m times are considerably more than four times a typical 100 m time demonstrates this.
    • The world record is currently held by Michael Johnson with a time of 43.18 seconds.
    • The 4x400 m relay is often held at track and field meetings, and is by tradition the final event at major championships.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usain_B...y_competitions

Above is a LINK to give you a comparison of your son'e excellent results in the 400 metrs compared to the worlds best Usain Bolt of Jamaica at his fist competitive meet back in 2001. Performing for Jamaica in his first Caribbean regional event, Bolt clocked a personal best of 48.28 s in the 400 metres in the 2001 CARIFTA Games, winning a silver medal. Usain Bolt was born 21 Aug. 1986 and in the vital Stat's Dept. he's listed at 6 ft. 5 inchs tall and weighs 207 lbs.

Looking for a more reasonable comparison I found this:

http://www.the400meter.com/

It's great for parents when son'a and daughters are into school sports. That helps so much in a persons growth and development.

CONGRATULATIONS 007.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    I want no part of a Heaven that would not let me see my favorite dogs again and yet somehow finds a place for Slapping Sister Cecelia, St Thomas More, 4th grade, 5'10", 150, left-handed 31-inch reach.
    LOL. Maybe? you might reconsider bitch slapping Sister Cecelia and thoughts of your pets and heaven. Just thinking that might work for you. Then.... when you get there track her down like the dirty dog she is.

Ohh wait. Is your reach over 31 inch's?
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    LOL. Maybe? you might reconsider bitch slapping Sister Cecelia and thoughts of your pets and heaven. Just thinking that might work for you. Then.... when you get there track her down like the dirty dog she is.

Ohh wait. Is your reach over 31 inch's?
    Oh, mon ami, her appellation is Slapping Sister Cecelia. Shame on you for inferring that I would advocate violence against a holy woman.

I argue that this particular holy woman, with a build like a lightweight champ, may be due her place in Heaven--even if she did slap an auditorium's worth of 4th grade boys along the way. Almost half of them probably deserved it.

It would just be so wrong to not have good old Scotty by my side if I had to sit on a cloud next to the Joe Frazier of nuns.
    Last edited by swede; 03-12-2012 at 08:51 PM.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

I've heard all about Usain Bolt over the last year ....his idol for running. He's running at UNI indoor track tonight but I wasn't able to go due to work. Should be getting a text with results any time now.

Oh, mon ami, her appellation is Slapping Sister Cecelia. Shame on you for inferring that I would advocate violence against a holy woman.

I argue that this particular holy woman, with a build like a lightweight champ, may be due her place in Heaven--even if she did slap an auditorium's worth of 4th grade boys along the way. Almost half of them probably deserved it.

It would just be so wrong to not have good old Scotty by my side if I had to sit on a cloud next to the Joe Frazier of nuns.
    In Heaven it's all so nice. Can't you imagine how good the cool aid will taste sharing some with sister Cecelia/ Maybe offering her a shiney Red apple or some fresh picked wild field flowers with that cold sweet pitcher of refreshment. A renewal out of all proportion to what you may ever have imagined.

You Swede a close companion to Sister Cecelia.

I've heard all about Usain Bolt over the last year ....his idol for running. He's running at UNI indoor track tonight but I wasn't able to go due to work. Should be getting a text with results any time now.

Cool. (-:

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    You Swede a close companion to Sister Cecelia.
    Just my luck, she would be.

[QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Just my luck, she would be.

Shoot ! Sister Cecilea looks really scary. She'd make a lifelong negative impression on any boy to man. My condolences.

Joint Base Lewis-McChord has gone off the rails. I can't believe the shit that has happened over the last four weeks. What is going on with our Soldiers? At what point has the VA let them down and at what point does the sick reality of culpability take hold? I can't believe that the second to the last bastard, (yes, there was another one today with different destruction in mind which puts the first Soldier now in second place) murdered 16 people- most children. Are we failing our soldiers? Are these rogue psychopaths? WTF? I am looking for others opinions on this because I am angry on so many levels. Again, what the hell is going on with JBLM?
    Football been very very good to me

Quote Originally Posted by easy cheesy View Post
    I got nothin'
    Well, you know what they say.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

What a day! Ever feel like your job is just sucking the life right out of you?

Took Thur. and Fri. off....much needed 4 day weekend.........and the weather is supposed to be awesome!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Joint Base Lewis-McChord has gone off the rails. I can't believe the shit that has happened over the last four weeks. What is going on with our Soldiers? At what point has the VA let them down and at what point does the sick reality of culpability take hold? I can't believe that the second to the last bastard, (yes, there was another one today with different destruction in mind which puts the first Soldier now in second place) murdered 16 people- most children. Are we failing our soldiers? Are these rogue psychopaths? WTF? I am looking for others opinions on this because I am angry on so many levels. Again, what the hell is going on with JBLM?
    Probably shouldn't send a soldier with brain injury back into combat. But our psyche guys are losing it. The ranks of medical students going into psyche has plummeted - residencies are under half-filled. Now what you're getting is what Britain got - a lot of imported docs, with no idea about our culture, no ability to do psychotherapy, and only a capacity to push pills. Plus, you've got raging political correctness in a society with a vacuum for common sense. Not to mention soldiers on multiple, repetitive deployments, and no objective. A toxic collection of circumstances.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Probably shouldn't send a soldier with brain injury back into combat. But our psyche guys are losing it. The ranks of medical students going into psyche has plummeted - residencies are under half-filled. Now what you're getting is what Britain got - a lot of imported docs, with no idea about our culture, no ability to do psychotherapy, and only a capacity to push pills. Plus, you've got raging political correctness in a society with a vacuum for common sense. Not to mention soldiers on multiple, repetitive deployments, and no objective. A toxic collection of circumstances.
    Dear GOD !

Wow! With this crazy beautiful weather we will be mowing the lawn in March!! I don't think I ever remember doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Absolutely agreed.

Wow! With this crazy beautiful weather we will be mowing the lawn in March!! I don't think I ever remember doing that.
    Thursday 15 March 2012.

It was really lovely here in Honey Harbour, Ontario (near Midland, Ont.). About 16 Degrees Celcius or 64 Deg. F. Clear blue sky all day and right now it's 12 C or 54 F @ 10:59 PM.

April 15th, 1912... it was a really lovely day... unfortunately Ismay didn't go down with the ship

April 15th, 1912... it was a really lovely day... unfortunately Ismay didn't go down with the ship
    I think I will have to catch it in 3D

I think I will have to catch it in 3D
    You can actually catch it in the "Wells has new team" thread.... ... only there just might be a new ending...