Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: I've been reading again

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    So I was at my parent's house this weekend. Shooting with my dad, wife, and lastly, the brother-in-law. The stallion gets excited, runs around, slides into his gate and breaks it open, without our knowledge. After firing the last of my 40S&W into a hand drawn target of a woman wearing a peace shirt, I remove my ear protection and immediately hear a car driving up the driveway. I'm thinking one of us just shot someone through the woods, so I tell my worthless BIL that if we're in trouble, I'm going to tell them he was shooting. He didn't get the joke. Anyway, some huge assed woman gets out in a puff, saying there's a horse running down the highway. I told her we'd take care of it, so while I safely store the weapons, my BIL relates the message to the rest of the family, failing to relay the info about which direction the horse is in. We assemble our quick strike team, which means my mom and sister take the ATV and I tell my BIL we should go too, in their honda. Stop at the barn, grab a halter and a couple lead ropes.... My sister and mom go the wrong way. So my BIL says, don't worry, my sister has her fucking iPhone. So after a mile or so, we find a half dozen cars pulled over herding a horse off the highway. Call my sister... no answer. Tell my worthless BIL to call her while I jump from the moving car with a rope like a cowboy. The horse ran away, several times, much to the delight of all the country bumpkins. I have no idea how my brother in law felt, because he never got out of the car. After a mile long chase through a cemetery and a couple yards and farms, and with the help of a stranger with cowboy boots that weren't just for show, my 7 month pregnant sister and I corner the horse in a yard and latch him up, while my brother in law is still in the car. So My mom and I walk the horse the mile plus back to the farm while my disabled dad, BIL, and pregnant sister drive three vehicles - two cars and an ATV, back. After depositing said shit-faced fucktard animal back in his pen, guess how many vehicles were waiting for us. None. So we walk up the hill to the house. Guess how many of the casings were picked up. None. Guess how much of the shooting shit was put back. None. After cleaning up, it was nice to find them all watching some fucking HGTV show on redecorating someone's fucking kitchen in the house.

To sum up. Before and after an apocalypse, in-laws and horses are worth jack piss.
    Maybe if you had invited your able bodied friend to come out shooting yesterday you would have had an actual usefull member of your party. But your rant does make some valid points about the people you want to wait out the appocalypes with. I do believe we have room for you and your family at our retreat. Since I will be in charge I can invite anyone I want, and kill anyone I want. It comes with the territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Maybe if you had invited your able bodied friend to come out shooting yesterday you would have had an actual usefull member of your party. But your rant does make some valid points about the people you want to wait out the appocalypes with. I do believe we have room for you and your family at our retreat. Since I will be in charge I can invite anyone I want, and kill anyone I want. It comes with the territory.
    I had to leave you out of this visit so I can come molest you next weekend without too many questions. But yes, I believe you would have been a better cowboy partner than the one I had.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    So I was at my parent's house this weekend. Shooting with my dad, wife, and lastly, the brother-in-law. The stallion gets excited, runs around, slides into his gate and breaks it open, without our knowledge. After firing the last of my 40S&W into a hand drawn target of a woman wearing a peace shirt, I remove my ear protection and immediately hear a car driving up the driveway. I'm thinking one of us just shot someone through the woods, so I tell my worthless BIL that if we're in trouble, I'm going to tell them he was shooting. He didn't get the joke. Anyway, some huge assed woman gets out in a puff, saying there's a horse running down the highway. I told her we'd take care of it, so while I safely store the weapons, my BIL relates the message to the rest of the family, failing to relay the info about which direction the horse is in. We assemble our quick strike team, which means my mom and sister take the ATV and I tell my BIL we should go too, in their honda. Stop at the barn, grab a halter and a couple lead ropes.... My sister and mom go the wrong way. So my BIL says, don't worry, my sister has her fucking iPhone. So after a mile or so, we find a half dozen cars pulled over herding a horse off the highway. Call my sister... no answer. Tell my worthless BIL to call her while I jump from the moving car with a rope like a cowboy. The horse ran away, several times, much to the delight of all the country bumpkins. I have no idea how my brother in law felt, because he never got out of the car. After a mile long chase through a cemetery and a couple yards and farms, and with the help of a stranger with cowboy boots that weren't just for show, my 7 month pregnant sister and I corner the horse in a yard and latch him up, while my brother in law is still in the car. So My mom and I walk the horse the mile plus back to the farm while my disabled dad, BIL, and pregnant sister drive three vehicles - two cars and an ATV, back. After depositing said shit-faced fucktard animal back in his pen, guess how many vehicles were waiting for us. None. So we walk up the hill to the house. Guess how many of the casings were picked up. None. Guess how much of the shooting shit was put back. None. After cleaning up, it was nice to find them all watching some fucking HGTV show on redecorating someone's fucking kitchen in the house.

To sum up. Before and after an apocalypse, in-laws and horses are worth jack piss.
    Horse is good eating.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey View Post
    Horses eat alot. it may cut into your own food reserves.
    Horse's eat a LOT, but would not cut into your personal food directly, only indirectly by limiting your other animals food. If vegetation runs low for your grazing animals you might have to be willing to eat the horse first. If it didn't run low they can do a lot of work.

So I'm taking a break from the survivalist genre and taking a nice slow stroll though Bandits of the Marsh again.

It's actually a nice lesson in how men will behave without women telling them what to do.

So, I made the mistake of recommending this Shades of Grey series to my wife. Basically socially acceptable smut since it's written by a woman. She read all of them in 2 weeks and now expects me to do the same so I can pick up some tips on how to more efficiently and effectively sexually dominate her. The man character is an absurd caricature of the collective feminine fantasies of what a man should be, and the woman is his sex slave, an extreme play off traditional sex roles that women still like despite all their talk about equality and whatnot. Just sounds like she expects me to do more work in the bed than I already do. I already get leg and/or ass cramps half the time I have sex as it is.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    And I thought I was a pussy for complaining about the intestinal cramps I get from eating my own cooking.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I'm can still remember when I realized "ravish me," was actually code for, "do all the work."

As a teen I read John Normans Gor series....I loved the male dominated society he described in the novels and was immensely disappointed when I realized that in fact...it was all fiction. For the most part that is......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorean
    C.H.U.D.

Just finished "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter". I am now stoopider for the experience.

Don't waste your time. It's not BAD, it's just not very good. I finished it solely out of stubborness.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    As a teen I read John Normans Gor series....I loved the male dominated society he described in the novels and was immensely disappointed when I realized that in fact...it was all fiction. For the most part that is......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorean
    I read the Tarzan books to about #20, or so. Lots of heaving, savage breasts. Titillating to a 13 year old.......

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I read the Tarzan books to about #20, or so. Lots of heaving, savage breasts. Titillating to a 13 year old.......
    Every generation's had their own Chun Li.