Page 456 of 563 FirstFirst ... 356 406 446 454 455 456 457 458 466 506 556 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,120 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Jumbo Rat HOFer

BF - 356/535 66.5% 4,155 Yards 7.8 YPA 28 TDs 15 INTs 95.7 Rating
    GBP - Offense 370.7 YPG #2 27.2 PPG #4

Those are amazing numbers for any team. Adding Randy Moss may have improved the team but not by much. We were a dominant offensive team in 2007. Also having Moss would have hurt the development of players like Greg Jennings and James Jones.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post

BF - 356/535 66.5% 4,155 Yards 7.8 YPA 28 TDs 15 INTs 95.7 Rating
    GBP - Offense 370.7 YPG #2 27.2 PPG #4

Those are amazing numbers for any team. Adding Randy Moss may have improved the team but not by much. We were a dominant offensive team in 2007. Also having Moss would have hurt the development of players like Greg Jennings and James Jones.
    2007 Packers and Favre and Moss 92207) on the same side and NFC Chamopionship game Vs NY GIANTS would've trumped Packers and NO Randy Moss in terms of getting to 'the Show'. Randy Moss wouldn't have hurt Greg Jenning he would have opened things up for him or vice versa.

Yet that's moot as Ted Thompson failed to land Randy Moss and we'll therefore never know.

We're still off topic.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    2007 Packers and Favre and Moss 92207) on the same side and NFC Chamopionship game Vs NY GIANTS would've trumped Packers and NO Randy Moss in terms of getting to 'the Show'. Randy Moss wouldn't have hurt Greg Jenning he would have opened things up for him or vice versa.

Yet that's moot as Ted Thompson failed to land Randy Moss and we'll therefore never know.

We're still off topic.
    This is my last post related to this. I should know better than to "argue" with you.

It didn't matter who we had in the 2007 NFC Championship game at WR, BF couldn't hit the broad side of a barn that day. Get rid of the 90 yard TD to Driver and Favre's line is 18/34 for 146 1TD and 2INTs. Even when you add that pass BF's QB rating for the game was 70.7.

Randy Moss would have had ZERO impact on that game.

The only player who may have had a positive impact on the game was the GB backup QB. BF obviously didn't want to play in that game.
    Last edited by ThunderDan; 05-17-2012 at 11:26 AM.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar
    Hey, did you guys know you could bid to have your kid play football with Brett? Tha'd be pretty cool. If any of you guys win, I got a couple of his rookie cards I wouldn't mind getting signed. Maybe I could send em along with you?

www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/2934162

Quote Originally Posted by Smeefers View Post
    Hey, did you guys know you could bid to have your kid play football with Brett? Tha'd be pretty cool. If any of you guys win, I got a couple of his rookie cards I wouldn't mind getting signed. Maybe I could send em along with you?

www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/2934162
    Nice.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

This is my last post related to this. I should know better than to "argue" with you.

It didn't matter who we had in the 2007 NFC Championship game at WR, BF couldn't hit the broad side of a barn that day. Get rid of the 90 yard TD to Driver and Favre's line is 18/34 for 146 1TD and 2INTs. Even when you add that pass BF's QB rating for the game was 70.7.

Randy Moss would have had ZERO impact on that game.

The only player who may have had a positive impact on the game was the GB backup QB. BF obviously didn't want to play in that game.
    "BF obviously didn't want to play in that game." ThunderDan

Dear lord and BF was known as an NFL QB that was prone to giving up.

Boy oh boy did you ever smoke yourself on that one.

I won't go to a prominant fellow members common response of 'NICE TRY'. Your not even remotely close to being correct man.

Your very funny though in your denial of what Favre was as our QB and entirely puzzling to me. I'll be thinking of you when Favre goes into the NFL HOF on the first ballot. Still shaking my head and laughing.

GO PACKERS !

First prize: one afternoon playing catch and hanging out with #4.
    Second prize: two afternoons playing catch and (mostly) hanging out with #4.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Brett Favre and Mike McCarthy both looked looked like they got the word fr. head office to lay over like wet fish. Mike Mccarthy looked too numb and well Favre wasn't really there was he?

Packers Forever.
    http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...onship-Edition

Some guy named woodbuck27 had this to say right after the Packers lost to the Giants that night.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    First prize: one afternoon playing catch and hanging out with #4.
    Second prize: two afternoons playing catch and (mostly) hanging out with #4.
    Repped.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

WTF, Fritz?!? Why'd ya hafta get this thread dumped in the GC?

lol
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    WTF, Fritz?!? Why'd ya hafta get this thread dumped in the GC?
    Instead of nixing the thread I have just deleted the post. I get how it might be humorous but it was a stupid thing to do in the Packers area.

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...onship-Edition

Some guy named woodbuck27 had this to say right after the Packers lost to the Giants that night.
    Ohh Boy. Can we get out the game tape and have a look. Brett Favre looked frozen (very very cold) with the ambient that day. He was in some sort of shock. Damn MM decided that for that weeks practice(s).

Just another week and 'of course' football in Green Bay means indoors. Holy shit !

Was MM instructed to be prudent with the budget? That the players didn't use too much tissue/cough syrup/mentholiptus. The temp. in Green Bay wasn't nice that week and it wasn't getting to better on gameday.

MM had to get the men outdoors for practise...to aclimatize them. Get them ready and today he would tell us he went to school over that boo boo. We'll have to wait for the Mike McCarthy papers.Out in print for us all to read sometime in the 2020's.

Brett Favre 'wasn't there'... refers to the fact he 'was never in that place' before. He had never felt such frigid conditions and the video certainly supports that. He was 'in shock' with the frigid temperature. I never saw him look so out of sorts.

Hey Bud. If I took your ass from the Swedish sauna to the cold Bay of Fundy in January. How would you stand up man?

and we're off topic Bud. I do admire your determination and your research capability ... impressive. (-:

GO PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-17-2012 at 11:52 PM.

That was simply extreme frustration Sir.

That Packer Great was slow to get it. I believe 'finally' he was coming to grips that his time in Green Bay was about over if not finally 'just that' or OVER. He always ended each season and sometime before the next said that he wanted to be assured that the Green Bay Packer organization fully repected him or wanted him to lead the Packer offense as the starting QB in the next season.

I ask you to simply try to place yourself in his place. Ask yourself a fair question:

Can you imagine the frustration after observing 'the absolutely Monstrous season' that Randy Moss just had in New England?

If you were the Packer QB would having Randy Moss in the lineup possibly have been a bonus or served your needs to produce more offense Vs the NY GIANTS in that NFC championship game? If your memory is short and I hope not. Randy Moss had 98 receptions for 1493 yards (15.2 avg) and 23 TD's for the Pat's in 2007. How many WR's had a better regular season in NFL history?

Do you think 'that fact' ... of Moss's Monster season. Had no influence on that Packer QB?

I do not need to look at that video. I will NOT ever forget the emotion demonstrated in that video. I believe we saw exreme frustation demonstrated there without anger. We rather saw 'raw frustration'. That simply and often takes some time to heal. Often a Pro gets there and reloads with a reborn positiveness in time he/she recovers or gets back the competitive juices.

The man in that video was the consummate competitor and gifted Pro athlete. He and his attitude on the field in terms of his contribution towords wining football games was what football is all about.

That man was and wil always remain SPECIAL and we were blessed to see him play for so long and by far overall make our team competitive in all his seasons in Green Bay except one. That's just too obviously 'the TRUTH'.

I'll remind you this thread is about another Green Bay Packer GREAT. Donald Driver.

GO TT and 'please' respect Donald Driver.

GO PACKERS !
    Extreme frustration? You think Favre was still pissed about Moss? Good lord. We were in the NFC Championship game without that headcase for Christ's sake.

And do you truly believe Favre wouldn't have been our starter in 2008 had he not given that teary 'retirement' speech that March? The only way he wouldn't have been our starter is if Rodgers would have beaten him out in TC that summer. Maybe Favre did indeed see the writing on the wall...

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar
    Aww man, Now I don't know what everyone is talking about.

Smeefers, let's just say Fritz posted a revealing image that was supposed to resemble someone we used to admire in one of his lesser moments. But from what I have heard, anatomically speaking, it bore no resemblance whatsoever.

Smeefers, let's just say Fritz posted a revealing image that was supposed to resemble someone we used to admire in one of his lesser moments. But from what I have heard, anatomically speaking, it bore no resemblance whatsoever.
    It seems ... our beloved Fritz 'the Man' ... departed from his norm in terms of 'whit and manners / morals'. It's tough in the off season to always be 'the Golden boy' at Packerrats.

Posting 'giant images of anything' isn't acceptable at Packerrats. Unless you'd enjoy eating it.

GO PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-18-2012 at 08:09 AM.

Senior Rat HOFer
    we're off topic Bud.

We became off topic when you started spouting off about the $20 million offer to Favre, and could we just give some of that to Driver now instead. Then something about history repeating itself. Not that I'd be incredibly pissed if it did.

How the hell do you personally derail a thread and then get pissed about the discussion being off topic? Woody, you ruined your own thread.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Quote Originally Posted by Gunakor View Post
    We became off topic when you started spouting off about the $20 million offer to Favre, and could we just give some of that to Driver now instead. Then something about history repeating itself. Not that I'd be incredibly pissed if it did.

How the hell do you personally derail a thread and then get pissed about the discussion being off topic? Woody, you ruined your own thread.

" How the hell do you personally derail a thread and then get pissed about the discussion being off topic? Woody, you ruined your own thread." ..... ' that MAN ' Gunakor.

Holy Mackeral ...I'm hardly pissed ... Willis. Your hilarious. (-: X 10.

Just guessing? Your married and never win any argument with your wife. That's never easy.

So being a compassionate person I'll bow to you Gunakor. You need to feel good for a change.

Picture me .......... bowing (forward).

GO PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-18-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Originally Posted by ThunderDan

"You can absolutely hate Favre the person off the field and still respect what he did on the field. He is a first ballot HOFer. He is also a penis snapping, e-mail sending idiot." ThunderDan

OK.

"As per the cold, it was my people that "found" Greenland, Iceland and Canada and brought our "saunas" with us. I have no problem with the cold." ThunderDan

OK. Thanks for sharing.That's nice. (-: