Page 460 of 563 FirstFirst ... 360 410 450 458 459 460 461 462 470 510 560 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,200 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Call it whatever you will, I remember Packer fans being pretty excited when Favre came back every season, I remember his teammates being excited when he came back for another season. when he came back for 2007 he didn't leave much of a gap, he made the decision pretty early. I might be wrong about that but I thought it was long before the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    You missed the tiny little fact that he RETIRED and unretired, retired unretired and held a franchise hostage! Did you forget that? In you brain tumor induced tirades on this site did you ever see that he did that or is it revisionist history here? F you could get a staff job with Obama.
    "In you brain tumor induced tirades on this site did you ever see that he did that or is it revisionist history here? F you could get a staff job with Obama." Tony Oday

The above extablishes your credibility as a member here that has a clue regarding 'the TRUTH'!?

Nope. You failed yourself miserably in the above false judgements and in terms of your conduct and manners.

Your out to lunch Tony Oday. You beat yourself. The weird thing here is that 'the usual suspects' will applaud you.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-20-2012 at 12:39 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Will he retire, wont he retire, will he retire, wont he retire...Will he text wont he text will he text wont he text? Will he throw a pick that is always a yes.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

I am wrong he didnt actually retire every time. He did hold the Pack hostage for the last three years of his career here with Favre watch.
    Bullshit !

Favre always said the same thing at the end of his last few seasons as a Packer. Re: returning.

As the season ended he said he wasn't sure he would be back but felt he could still contribute.. That he would have to see if 'in fact' the Packer organization wanted him back.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Will he retire, wont he retire, will he retire, wont he retire...Will he text wont he text will he text wont he text? Will he throw a pick that is always a yes.
    WOW! I get it.

Your an angry man. Lie down. Take a break.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Your right Favre always said he would come back right away ESPN was just looking for ratings and faked it all.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

CutlerquitRat HOFer

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tony, there was no issue until you made it personal. I'm gonna to shut you down for the day until you cool off. You will be active again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Well Woodbuck let's get to the TRUTH then. I will start with a list of statements and we will decide if they are true or false. Maybe that way we can have some ground rules to argue by.

True or False (My answers in brackets):
    1. BF was the starting QB for the Packers for the 2007 NFC Championship game. (True)
    2. BF retired from the NFL. (True)
    3. The Packers stated that ARod was their starting QB for the 2008 season. (True)
    4. BF called the Packers and said he wanted to unretire. (True)
    5. MM and TT were ready to fly to MS to meet with BF regarding his position with the Packers. (True)
    6. BF called TT and said he was going to stay retired. (True)
    7. BF calls the Packers and says he wants to play. (True)
    8. MM tells BF that he has to compete for the starting QB position. (True)

Let's start with that and see what we come up with.
    This true and fase post though I appreciate the effort put forth in it is moot and off topic.

ThunderDan...Focus please on the status of Brett Favre Vs TT and MM... 'in terms of continued bad feeling' or NOT.

I assure you. To go on trying to establish that Favre has such bad feelings is a losing position ThunderDan. I'll advise you further.

Maybe? consider this Thunderdan.

It's not self gratifying when I certainly know I can back myself up. It might just be easier for you to save face by standing down. Your position 'will lose' for you.

I've been a teacher most of my life. A good teacher ensures that the student puts in the necessary effort towords arriving at the correct answer / response / TRUTH. The window of time to arrive at that TRUTH is from AQugust 2008 untill well today. fill your boots.

Find the TRUTH and don't expect me to spoon feed you that TRUTH. Are you familiar at all with martial arts? My way and methods are much derived from that.

I won't give to you what I worked so hard to find.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-20-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Blog Entries
    Let's make sure to keep our argument about the topic and not make it personal.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Let's make sure to keep our argument about the topic and not make it personal.
    Correct Mad.

It serves no logical purpose not to simply question the post whenever another member feels that's relevant. Ignorance may warrant a return post that only demonstrates a mutual disrespect and results in a 'no win' situation. A sad outcome. We deserve more from one another as members here.

To attack the poster with 'flaming language and accusations that cannot be justified': with poor manners.

Is certainly unacceptable.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Correct Mad.

It serves no logical purpose not to simply question the post whenever another member feels that's relevant. Ignorance may warrant a return post that only demonstrates a mutual disrespect and results in a 'no win' situation. A sad outcome. We deserve more from one another as members here.

To attack the poster with 'flaming language and accusations that cannot be justified': with poor manners.

Is certainly unacceptable.
    Youre right its not acceptable so before you declare yourself a moral authority think about when you start jumping down on someones throat for having any opinion that differs from yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    To change the quote from Hamlet - the man doth protests too much - especially when it comes to Favre. Good lord, if some of us have no use for our previous QB why does that bother you so much??? You are still a fan. Bully for you. Don't preach to us if we feel differently.

The Packers offered an olive branch. Let's see how #4 responds.
    Did the Packers offer 'an olive branch'? Has that offer been made concretely?

I do not see it that way Pugger.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    It wasn't Ted Thompson's place to try and control Brett Favre's life; decisions ' in anything ' football.
    Sorry, woodbuck but that highlighted statement is a complete and utter bold faced lie!

As the GM of the GB Packers, TT's job was to "control" all of the players under contract with the GB Packers.

If TT would have released BF with no compensation I would have been on board with demanding TT's resignation.

The job of the GM is to make their team as competitive as possible in the NFL and releasing players for no compensation and letting them go to a divisional foe is complete mismanagement by a GM.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    After Favre left the NY Jets. and PLEASE.... The Jets didn't dump Favre as many of you have decided to believe.
    Now let's see the real TRUTH that woodbuck claims.

BF retired from the Jets. He then told Mike Tannenbaum that he wanted his release from the Jets assuring the GM that he was done playing in the NFL. Tannenbaum said NO. Then Bus Cook got into the act again saying BF wasn't going to play again and wanted his release from the Jets. This time Mike Tannenbaum did.

After BF got his release he started talking with the Vikings saying he wanted to stick it to TT and Packers.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Sorry, woodbuck but that highlighted statement is a complete and utter bold faced lie!

As the GM of the GB Packers, TT's job was to "control" all of the players under contract with the GB Packers.

If TT would have released BF with no compensation I would have been on board with demanding TT's resignation.

The job of the GM is to make their team as competitive as possible in the NFL and releasing players for no compensation and letting them go to a divisional foe is complete mismanagement by a GM.

I think if Favre wanted to play, then it was Thompson's responsibility to open up the facility and locker room to Favre, or cut him, but not sit on him and hope he would go away. I never heard McCarthy say that he was opening up competition between Favre and Rodgers. The only thing I heard was that Rodgers was open to competition with Favre, and that when Favre was asked by the media Favre stated that he didn't believe a competition existed, that he had already earned the starting position, which was true. Packer fan wouldn't have stood for Rodgers starting over Favre in the 2008 season. Especially the way the season turned out.

Thompson in fact told Favre that he was going to be traded to the Bucs, then turned around and traded him to the Jets because he didn't want Favre to play against the Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Youre right its not acceptable so before you declare yourself a moral authority think about when you start jumping down on someones throat for having any opinion that differs from yours.
    If I jumped down every members throat here for having a position or opinion different from mine. I would be one angry ass'd man Mad. I do not get that way as I know I'm generally right. My positions...solid. If you imagine that gives me certain satisfaction ... your wrong.

I'm actually incredulous to the ignorance of some here. That's what makes the earth spin.

Inspite of that I post by far with manners with decency even if I can't agree with some here.

Considered 'my manners' in an objective sense Mad:

I'm a true gentleman here and by far overall a solid support for you and Packerrats. I know there's alot of heat on you 'to piss all over me'. I understand the heat on you by members here that I can 'only try my very best' to respect.

We both have a true test.

I can meet mine. (-:
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-20-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Now let's see the real TRUTH that woodbuck claims.

BF retired from the Jets. He then told Mike Tannenbaum that he wanted his release from the Jets assuring the GM that he was done playing in the NFL. Tannenbaum said NO. Then Bus Cook got into the act again saying BF wasn't going to play again and wanted his release from the Jets. This time Mike Tannenbaum did.

After BF got his release he started talking with the Vikings saying he wanted to stick it to TT and Packers.
    Actually they needed the cap space, and had to cut him before the draft. If Favre was going to play he would have gotten to Minnesota a little bit earlier than the 3rd preseason game. The Jets would have been fools to hold on to Favre's contract, he was old and hurt, and couldn't play unless he had surgery on his bicep. You are telling me that you were gonna pay Favre 15 million dollars after he fell apart at the end of the season and damaged his throwing arm in the process?

Don't act like Bus Cook came out of no where, he was Favre's agent, of course he is going to act in his clients best interest.

I do not stress that it wasn't TT's job to control Brett Favre RE: any possibility of Favre going to a divisional rival. I stress that I meant that in strictly this sense:

TT could NOT ethically or reasonably control Brett Favre's love of the game of football and whether or not he could play elsewhere....retire or not...retire and unretire.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I do not stress that it wasn't TT's job to control Brett Favre RE: any possibility of Favre going to a divisional rival. I stress that I meant that in strictly this sense:

TT could NOT ethically or reasonably control Brett Favre's love of the game of football and whether or not he could play elsewhere....retire or not...retire and unretire.
    Yes he could, it's called a 10 year $100,000,000 contract thru 2010. TT got to decide exactly where BF played. If BF wanted to retire that was his personal choice. If he didn't want to retire it was TT choice until he released BF from the contract or traded BF to another team.

-Tim Harmston