Results 9,421 to 9,440 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    his play in Green Bay speaks for its self, if you want to keep worrying about his legacy in Green Bay you go a head, because he doesn't give a shit, you are either with him or against him. He is fine with that, he doesn't need to feel the love, you turned your back, he doesn't need you worrying about getting his number retired. Hell I hope he gets his number retired in Minnesota before he walks back into Green Bay.
    Did I write anything about his play in GB?
    Did I express worry one way or the other about his "legacy"? I simply commented on the change, which is hard to dispute.

I am neither with him or against him. I am simply an observer of the soap opera that has gone on for about 7 or 8 years now, from when he first started talking seriously about retiring. You may recall that I commented critically about it even before he left Green Bay. I have not changed in view of the revelations about him during his departure or his seasons in NY and MN. I argued before his retirement that he was trying to get out of GB.

His number will be retired. I didn't suggest that it shouldn't be. I merely said that the Packers should quit talking about it until they are ready to do it. Short and pointed replies to the press that the time for number retirement will be determined in the future would move toward that. It really does neither Favre nor the Packers any good for either one of them to continue talking about it. They both know it can't happen until fences are mended between them.

It's hard to deny that his reputation and esteem has taken a hit. An athlete's reputation is a blend of performance and personality. Nothing has changed about the performance component in Favre's reputation. However, the public's perception of his personality has changed due to a number of things.

I have never said he is all bad. He has always had a soft spot and time for terminally ill people. Those stories have been consistent. His work with Make-A-Wish and other organizations was legendary. For years, he had guests at one practice almost every week.

I neither revere nor despise the guy. Never did, even when he was in GB.

I don't understand your apparent bitterness.
    Last edited by Patler; 07-29-2012 at 05:50 AM.