Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Nutz

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    That's the .223 you showed earlier right? Whats up with silencers, I never fucked around with a real one (potatoes) before. Is it only good for so many rounds and how many times can you reuse it?
    Compensators.

Vent gas more efficiently.

Helps control your muzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Compensators.

Vent gas more efficiently.

Helps control your muzzle.
    Yeah, assuming they are not banned where you live, you need a class 3 FFL to order suppressors, then you'll need to register the silencer, which means fingerprints and approval from your local law enforcement, then you need to apply to the ATF, which takes months, and in some cases, you may need to pay the government an additional stamp tax. So, considering they cost a buttload for anything good, and the additional time and cost and probing involved, you can see why every COD fanboy isn't running around with one on his airsoft rifle.

Anyway, the 556 was already a heavy rifle when it arrived. Adding the laser/scope combo, the bipod, the emergency gold bullion in the grip compartment, and with 60 rounds loaded, it weighs more than most teenage emos. So I've committed to keeping it a heavy/stable build, like me. The compensator will help reduce recoil and muzzle rise. And I think it looks nice.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    got any pictures of the shit you shot with that thing? or is it just a wall decoration? speaking of which, just saw another ground hog.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Yeah, assuming they are not banned where you live, you need a class 3 FFL to order suppressors, then you'll need to register the silencer, which means fingerprints and approval from your local law enforcement, then you need to apply to the ATF, which takes months, and in some cases, you may need to pay the government an additional stamp tax. So, considering they cost a buttload for anything good, and the additional time and cost and probing involved, you can see why every COD fanboy isn't running around with one on his airsoft rifle.

Anyway, the 556 was already a heavy rifle when it arrived. Adding the laser/scope combo, the bipod, the emergency gold bullion in the grip compartment, and with 60 rounds loaded, it weighs more than most teenage emos. So I've committed to keeping it a heavy/stable build, like me. The compensator will help reduce recoil and muzzle rise. And I think it looks nice.
    Right. Good luck with the suppressor.

That's a fine looking piece of armament, Skin. H&K? I see you're running a single-point, eh?

She's a little big for me, I like my .223 light. But if you're a big guy and can handle the weight, that's great.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    that isn't a silencer, I think with putting all that shit on your .223 you should have bought a .308. You are basically building a sniper rifle with all that shit on it.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Right. Good luck with the suppressor.

That's a fine looking piece of armament, Skin. H&K? I see you're running a single-point, eh?

She's a little big for me, I like my .223 light. But if you're a big guy and can handle the weight, that's great.
    It's the Sig556. Like I said, it was pretty heavy out of the box, so it didn't make much sense to try to keep it light. It's got another loop at the front, just hard to see. It also needs a better stock, I think. Something with a cheek pad.

In a couple years I maaaaaaaaay try to convince my wife we need another one - for her of course, and if I can, it's going to be an ultra-light suppressed build - for my... I mean her ear health.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    that isn't a silencer, I think with putting all that shit on your .223 you should have bought a .308. You are basically building a sniper rifle with all that shit on it.
    You're .308 obsessed. That shit's expensive. The ammo I mean.

.223 is a good round because the AR is a versatile weapon, it has some range, speed, and impact, but when your gun weighs 15 pounds it isn't very versatile anymore, it is a hobby.

.223 is a good round because the AR is a versatile weapon, it has some range, speed, and impact, but when your gun weighs 15 pounds it isn't very versatile anymore, it is a hobby.

It's not versatile if you're a pansy. Your weapon should be an extension of who you are. I'm heavy and cumbersome. Symbiosis.

You going to need a uhaul to carry that thing around. And who has problems with muzzle rise on a .223?

You going to need a uhaul to carry that thing around. And who has problems with muzzle rise on a .223?
    Anyone trying to fire more than one round every 3 seconds, or who wants less recoil for quicker follow-up shots in general.

C.H.U.D.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    That was uncalled for

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Anyone trying to fire more than one round every 3 seconds, or who wants less recoil for quicker follow-up shots in general.
    I guess you are not as thick as you think you are. Fire an actual rifle once in a while and you will realize shooting a .223 is a small step up from a twenty-two

well it's moose season once again so I went out and worked the 375HH magnum for a few strokes. Beast mode. Going out in the morning...been cold and the snow is creeping down the hills...I'm feeling good.
    C.H.U.D.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I guess you are not as thick as you think you are. Fire an actual rifle once in a while and you will realize shooting a .223 is a small step up from a twenty-two
    Yeah that bitch is probably just all fat now. I always knew you where the real dangerous one Nutty. I was wondering about the .223, thats just the longer .22 size bullet right? And this lil fucker called 22 a woman's gun!

BTW - Nutz What size dildo do you recommend for me to use to shove up SkinnyB's ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    well it's moose season once again so I went out and worked the 375HH magnum for a few strokes. Beast mode. Going out in the morning...been cold and the snow is creeping down the hills...I'm feeling good.
    Snow? SNOW??? It's freaking September! Practically summer still.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Yeah that bitch is probably just all fat now. I always knew you where the real dangerous one Nutty. I was wondering about the .223, thats just the longer .22 size bullet right? And this lil fucker called 22 a woman's gun!

BTW - Nutz What size dildo do you recommend for me to use to shove up SkinnyB's ass?
    Centerfire and a shitload more powder and correspondingly better ballistics.

Here is a good read:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...lr-vs-223-rem/

Oh, look who's all about a .223's versatility until the versatility doesn't match his idea of being versatile. No wonder you're such a democrat. I'll expect that the next time I see your rifle, the compensator, the stock, and any aiming device will be removed since you don't believe in such "accessories."

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar

biggest difference is the amount of powder and available heavy bullet weights. Knock down power is huge compaired to a 22. I know a guy who deer hunts with a .223