Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: THE OFFICAL PLAYOFF GAME DAY THREAD....GREEN BAY PACKERS vs SAN FRANCISCO NINERS

Blog Entries

THE OFFICAL PLAYOFF GAME DAY THREAD....GREEN BAY PACKERS vs SAN FRANCISCO NINERS

Last time I do this...........but first...gotta remember why we are in SF on Saturday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA2wKCmzwR0

With that being said,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWlE1V_lnAQ

It's game time folks, and over the past seven years thirteen of the teams that did not have byes won this week. An interesting stat from the NFL Network

In the first matchup, San Fran run all over us rolling for one hundred eighty six yards of rushing. This boils down to a very interesting matchup. Homerism aside, this boils down to a high powered offense versus the best defense in the NFL. Finesse Meets Power, and tomorrow we get to see who wins.

I think it's fair to say that San Francisco has the better talent in the trenches, where Green Bay has more ability at the positions of talent.

On Offense, expect Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers to come out wheeling the ball around and using the no huddle offense early and often. It's no secret the OL has it's challenges in protecting the QB but Rodgers has the best passer rating in the NFL with the no huddle and Green Bay will attempt to use this to keep the San Francisco Bullying defense guessing. Rodgers will employ a lot of quick passes to protect his life, and it'll bne the rats hopes that there is some YAC going on Saturday. On the other side, San Francisco is going to hit our receivers hard and hit them often. The probably have the best set of hard hitting safeties in the NFL and they will be trying to hurt us everytime we catch the ball in front of them. It's no secret Jermichael Finley has already been spouting off about how that secondary is all over you as you run down the field, and in the game Jennings was about as frustrated as you see Greg Jennings ever get. Green Bay will employ the run to simply try to keep the Niners a bit off balance, but the success will be limited. Justin Smith appears to be playing...he's a bit beat up....but his presence will surely boost the San Fran Defense and it's no secret our Tackles are not qualified to hold Alden Smith's jock strap.

On Defense, last time Green Bay faced the Niners they ran all over us. Frank Gore is back and healthy and still very capable of making Green Bay look silly. He racked up over a hundred yards on us last time and we can't let that happen again. With Colin Kapernick ermerging as a legitmate threat to run the ball, San Fran will have a two pronged rushing attack to find the holes in a Packer Defense, which to be honest, has plenty of them. Tomorrow we will really miss Desmond Bishop, and once again I'll ask........why in the Hell is Brad Jones Playing ? Another very key matchup will be T Williams............versus........a dude I had long called as a future star...............
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jZe_VGLRYI

Yes, it's the dirty Crab in Michael Crabtree, who has his first thousand yard seson and has emerged as the playmaker on offense. T Williams will need to be on his best.

The game is a toss up, and all you homers declaring a stellar Packer Victory are drunk on da juice.

It's bully versus speed
    It's finesse versus power

Who won that earlier this year
    Who won that in our last playoff game last year ?

Wars are win in the trenches, and truth be told we're just not tough enough.
    Place your best with da bookies Rats. Take the Niners and the points...cuz they're beating us straight up.

Take it to the Bank; we're going home Rats
    Niners27
    Packers 24

All of San Fran wishes you well....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aPdP76Sm3c

WHAMMY LIVE ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

24-21 good guys. GO PACK GO!

i say we play the contain game, make sf throw on 3rd down. put sf's game on the arm of kapernick. win the turnover battle. meanwhile...we play our game. not the 4 and 5 wr sets we played the first game with. running to set up the pass, short and medium passes, move the chains, get a lead and keep it. Go Pack!

After a terrible return, Arod holds the ball too long on the 1st play and gets tackled by Justin Smith in the end zone for a safety.

Packers 57
    49ers 2
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

This one is for Bretsky:

Scott Kacsmar ‏@CaptainComeback
    Since 1990, No. 2 seed is 21-7 (.750) vs. No. 3 seed in Divisional round

Since 4 Divisions came into effect, 2002, 3 seeds have fared a little better, even with the 4th seed, but worse than the 6th seed (a 1 game difference).

3rd Seed Playoff W pct. 0.455 (18-19)

4th seed Playoff W pct. 0.486 (18-19)

5th seed Playoff W pct. 0.406 (13-19)

6th seed Playoff W pct. 0.500 (18-18)

The difference here is mainly Super Bowl teams. 2 #6 seeds have won, matching the 2 wins the #3 seeds have. But one of those was the Redskins in 1987, so only the Colts have won from the #3 slot in the 6 team playoff.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...chances/20768/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Last time 'you do this', B? I'm putting money on the niners now!
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Good work B....keep the whammy alive.

GO PACK!

C.H.U.D.

C.H.U.D.

31-21 Pack
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly. -Morticia Addams

Blog Entries
    I should have clarified the "last time I do this" comment better.

I began with the youtube Hitler spiff.

The football gods hate Green Bay this year

If not for that replacement ref call, today's game would be at Lambeau. So that was the last time I posted a reminder of the Seattle finish...aka...why we are where we are today.

GB should be the two seed and playing at home today.

The football gods dislike us

We are going down today
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Ouch, that still stings....
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

packers 325
    fairy-niners -6

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post

if that's from the final play that would be his 2nd pi pen on the same play.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post

Repped.

I feel the Football Gods wish to see the Sea buzzards and Pack in the title game. Pack wins today, buzzards tomorrow.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar

Both kickers will miss a FG today. But Akers will miss a game winner, Pack 21-20
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Go Pack Go!!!!

After leaving Lanbeau last week I was jawing with a couple of MINN fans. I said it was in the bag for the Pack since I hadn't seen a loss since 2006 for the Pack live. Two Packer fans behind us started trying to raise money to fly me to San Fran. Now that is team dedication.

That same loyalty and team dedication will shine thru on the field. Woodson and Matthews will captain the D. Rodgers will captain the O. Packers win in a close one 27-24 with (gulp) Crosby making the go ahead FG in the last minute!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    After a terrible return, Arod holds the ball too long on the 1st play and gets tackled by Justin Smith in the end zone for a safety.

Packers 57
    49ers 2
    COOLAID !!

Cherry, Grape, Lemon-Lime, Orange, Raspberry, Strawberry, Black Cherry, Tropical Punch, Lemonade, Pink Lemonade, Rhubarb, Watermelon, Triple Awesome Grape, Lemonade, Soarin' Strawberry Lemonade, Tropical Punch, Raspberry, Watermelon, KiwiLime, Jamaica, Mandarina-Tangerine, Mango, Tamarindo, Piña-Pineapple, Apple, Arctic Green Apple, Bunch Berry, Blastin' Berry Cherry, Blue Berry Blast, Cherry Cracker, Chocolate, Cola, Eerie Orange, Frutas, Vermelhas, Golden Nectar, Grape, Grape Blackberry, Grape Tang, Melon Mango, Strawberry Splash, Great Blueberry, Great Blue-dini, Groselha, Guaraná, Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade, Incrediberry, Kickin-Kiwi-Lime, Kolita, Lemon, Lemonade, Lemonade Sparkle, Lemon-Lime, Lime, Man-o-Mangoberry, Mango, Mountainberry Punch, Oh-Yeah Orange-Pineapple, Orange, Orange Enerjooz, Pina-Pineapple, Pink Lemonade, Pink Swimmingo, Purplesaurus Rex, Rainbow Punch, Raspberry, Roarin' Raspberry Cranberry, Rock-a-Dile Red, Root Beer, Scary Black Cherry, Scary Blackberry, Sharkleberry Fin, Slammin' Strawberry-Kiwi, Soarin' Strawberry-Lemonade, Strawberry, Strawberry Falls Punch, Strawberry Split, Strawberry-Raspberry, Sunshine Punch, Surfin' Berry Punch, Tangerine, Watermelon-Cherry, Shaking Starfruit, Watermelon, Solar Strawberry-Starfruit, Swirlin' Strawberry-Starfruit, Lemon Ice

and CONFIDENCE !

GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I should have clarified the "last time I do this" comment better.

I began with the youtube Hitler spiff.

The football gods hate Green Bay this year

If not for that replacement ref call, today's game would be at Lambeau. So that was the last time I posted a reminder of the Seattle finish...aka...why we are where we are today.

GB should be the two seed and playing at home today.

The football gods dislike us

We are going down today
    I'm looking at it this way B. Perfect redemption.

We simply redeem ourselves and a loss to the 49ers in week one with a victory this evening in San Fran. The score? I don't know but we win.

We follow that up next week in Lambeau Field defeating the Seattle Seahawks to go to the SUPER BOWL. Bank on that.

GO PACKERS !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau